Swapping page likes on Facebook - good or bad?

There are author groups on Facebook where someone will start a post for swapping "like" for FB author pages. Basically people share the links to their FB pages in the comments and then people are supposed to go to each other's pages and hit the "like" button. They do this to increase the number of likes on their pages. If they "like" an author's page they expect that author to "like" their page in return. I sometimes submitted the link to my FB author page on those posts in hopes I get new people liking my page but I never engaged in the "like" swap. I am actually not a fan of it. I want someone to "like" my page because they are interested and actually want to keep up with me and what I post and not because they just want me to "like" them back. And I won't just "like" a page if I don't intend to at least occasionally keep up with that author. What do you think about swapping page likes on Facebook?
@dpk262006 (54732)
I agree with your views. Swapping likes does not make much sense to me. If one genuinely appreciates a post, then only he should press the like button.
What I was referring to was swapping FB page likes. I kinda understand why people would wanna do that. New visitors are probably more likely to "like" a page on FB if it has more "likes". Still, I do not agree with "liking" a page so that person "likes" your page back because the "like" is not genuine. It's forced in a way.
@dpk262006 (54732)
@lovebuglena Yes, you are right that If their are more number of likes on a page, it makes a psychological impact on new users and they also ''like'' the page. However, in my view more number of likes gives a false impression that many people 'genuinely' like the page, which is not the case.
@dpk262006 Exactly! Complete agree with your last line.
@miketagz (1349)
Swapping is like creating fake accounts.
How so?
@miketagz (1349)
@lovebuglena Not all accounts in Facebook are real. 20-30% are genuine and 80-90% fake.