Our University President Was Brutally Killed - The University’s In Deep Sorrow

JUSTICE FOR THE KILLING OF OUR BELOVED UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT!
@cacay1 (32160)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Last Friday, December 1, 2017 at one o’clock dawn, our university president was shot 9 times by four unknown killers. He was declared dead on arrival in the hospital. Dr. Ricardo Rotoras had just arrived his home after attending a conference in a hotel in the city. His home has a very high fence, but the suspects used a tall ladder to position themselves in the dark lawn. He alighted the car first for the driver had to close the gate. When Dr. Rotoras was already on the ground, 4 men appeared and fired him brutally. We do not know the motives of the killing. We all mourn here in the university, University of Science and technology of Southern Philippines (USTP). Dr. Rotoras has served the university as President for 11 years with good records. He finished 2 Masters of Engineering and Doctor of Engineering in Harvard University. He is 48 years old, too young to die , unexpected death, so painful to bear .Our lives in the university won’t be the same without him. WE CRY JUSTICE FOR THE KILLING OF OUR BELOVED PRESIDENT. Thank you friends. I been absent here for many days. There are many works to do in school. I miss you guys!
Oh my goodness, what a tragic event, I wonder why those people killed your President. I hope he can have justice.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, thank you my dear friend. If you happen to be in Facebook in my account you will see there how we mourn. We all wear black since Monday and tomorrow the body of our late president will be brought in the university gym until Friday to his final resting place.
@cacay1 This is a terrible thing, and it happens in a time of the year when people should be happy.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , you are right, we pity his very own family for this month is month of joy. This day his body is in the university gym until Friday morning for his burial. We have suspension of classes since Monday up to Saturday.
@magallon (17370)
I heard about it from the TV news last night.. 11 years in service proves that he is a good leader of your university. In his young age, he has achieved so much in life. He is a great loss not only in your university but much more to his family. May he rest in peace...
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@magallon , thanks my friend.Dr. Rotoras was the president of the state universities in the Philippines. He is a brilliant man of figures. We mourn here, one week suspension of classes.
@magallon (17370)
@cacay1 I hope his family can achieve justice...
@hereandthere (24198)
he has achieved so much in such a short time. hiring 4 people to kill him, climbing the fence to make sure he's cornered shows how much the masterminds want to eliminate him. i feel for his family.
@crossbones27 (15184)
• Redlands, California
Sorry to hear that, sounds like a good guy. I hope you guys work out the violence as our country is very violent also. Really crazy how things are these days and the leadership is so bad all around.
I am so sorry to hear of the brutal killing of your university president. It is obvious it was planned. I hope they find the people who did it and justice is served quickly.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him Thank you Valerie, please include in your daily Bible prayer Justice for Dr. Ricardo Rotoras.
@cacay1 I'll do that.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him , Thank you Valerie, this day the PNP and NBI informed the public 4 persons of interest. Thank you for your prayers. I will share you if the criminals are put behind bars.Tomorrow Dr. Rotoras will be buried, so painful. We lost a father and a leader in our university and the entire universities Philippinewide where he is the president for 11 years. It seems envy and jealousy one cause of that horrific killing.
@sugartoes (34840)
• Greencastle, Indiana
OH I am so sorry to hear that. so being he's been kill & just recently have they found the ones that did this yet? if so that means you have NO President so what will happen now ? PLEASE keep me in touch on this.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sugartoes , the university Vice President does the job temporarily. She is a female, Dr. Cabahug. We hope justice be served for the brutal killing of our univ president. We cry for Justice.
@sugartoes (34840)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@cacay1 well I sure hope they get the ones that did it& give the justice they deserve.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sugartoes we hope and pray, tomorrow is the burial of our beloved univ president.
@ridingbet (38080)
rest in peace, Doctor. i hope justice will prevail and the criminals be caught and put to prison
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ridingbet , thanks my friend, we cry for Justice. If your university is a government run, I am so sure your president knew him and might be here now in USTP for this afternoon 100 PASUC officials are here in the university gym where his body lies until Friday for his burial.
@ridingbet (38080)
@cacay1 our school is privately-owned my friend. i truly sympathize with the bereaved family and you the professors and instructors, and the students as well. hope the suspects will be captured ASAP
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ridingbet , the PNP and NBI already have 4 persons of interest and saw footage of the criminals in CCTV cameras nearby his home.
@averygirl72 (14121)
I think I heard this in the news. What could be the motive? A decent and respectable man does not deserve to be killed that way. Hope they find justice
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@averygirl72 , We do not know the motive.So far the police already has 2 persons of interest. We hope justice be served for Sir Rotoras.
@averygirl72 (14121)
@cacay1 This is shocking and depressing news
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@averygirl72 , so true my friend. They said the cause is envy because Dr. Rotoras served 4 times as President of PHILIPPINE ASSOCIATIONS OF SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES. This year is his 11th year serving that position up to 2019, so very tragic, unexpected loss.We cry for Justice!
@1hopefulman (20419)
That's very sad! I hope they catch the killers.
@1hopefulman (20419)
@cacay1 Do they have any ideas as to who may have done it and why?
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@1hopefulman , this time, the NBI and PNP already have 4 persons of interest and the CCTV Footage. The burial is tomorrow and by next week those 4 will be arrested together with their master mind.
That is very, very sad. What a dreadful thing to happen.
@cacay1 Why would someone do this do you think?
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JudyEv actually we do not have the idea.Others say jealousy for his position may end up to his retirement. The position has a better salary too almost $ 10,000 plus incentives.It seems a planned killing.
@Emmlex1000 (1417)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Am so sorry for the lost, u guys have to cry out in protesting to the govt security authority for his brutal killing
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Emmlex1000, The department of justice offered 1 Million reward whoever could point the killers who are still at large.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@cacay1 you have to pray that God should fish out those evil men
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Emmlex1000 All the USTP community of 13, 000 students plus faculty and staff pray for JUSTICE!
What a horrible thing to do. Hope the culprits will be booked and the motive exposed.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@allknowing, we want to know the mastermind of the killing.
@acelawrites (10752)
I read about this news, and the first thought that came to my mind that you might be teaching in that university! So sad about what happened to him.
@acelawrites (10752)
@cacay1 my condolences to all of you in the university and to the victim's family!
I just saw your comment to me. That is truly tragic!!!! My husband saw it on the news, and I hope the culprits are caught and brought to justice!!!
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, it was a brual killing and our president is not an ordinary man, he is also an active Mason officer, Rotarian and philanthropist.This time, there are 4 persons of interest followed by the NBI and PNP. Tomorrow is the burial day of Dr. Rotoras, we indeed mourn here.
That's s sad. I hope those ruthless killers are caught.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Kandae11 we cry for soonest JUSTICE so all be at peace especially his beloved family wife and 3 young children.
@redurnet (971)
This is so terrible. I wonder why anyone would commit such a horrific crime.
@lady1993 (15739)
I saw that in the news. that is very devastating indeed. I hope the killers will be caught soon
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@lady1993 ,please help us pray criminals to be apprehended soon.So far, according to police they already have 2 persons of interest. WQe cry Justice for Dr. Rotoras.
@rina110383 (23527)
Nice to see you again and I feel sad for the family and friends of the deceased. Hoping that justice will be served soon.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rina110383 ,we cry for justice, yes this is a very painful happening in this month of joy, instead sorrow is felt, so painful to bear,
@cahaya1983 (9705)
Oh no what a brutal murder. Such a sad day for the entire university community I'm sure. I hope the criminials will be brought to justice soon.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@cahaya1983 , we cry for justice .Please help us pray criminals to be apprehended the soonest the better.
Very sad to hear this and I pray justice will be served.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 , thank you friend, we cry and march for Justice for Sir Rotoras. He is well-loved for he is so nice and brilliant man.We have big loss indeed.