My Monday - 12/4

Hey everyone. Hope you've all had a nice Monday so far, and that you continue to as the night goes on. Mine has been pretty decent. Woke up early from decent sleep, tossed and turned for a bit, then finally got up.. and to a stomach ache at that. But got out the house for a bit and did some shopping. Came home and watched a little tv, had a cupcake, then went to my Grandmothers to give her her Avon. While there my Uncle called me and said I had something at the post office. Went and checked, and it was my letter on my daughter! I was so excited. But nervous. As always. And the letter didn't have the best news.. But overall, I'm happy with it. So yay. That definitely made my year, and Christmas ! Also mailed out all of our Christmas cards while at the post office. Well.. all cards except one. As we have plans for that one . So if we were exchanging.. be on the look out! Came back home and watched my soap while packaging up two boxes of Christmas gifts for friends.. Then went to the store to see what we could get for dinner.. My Uncle was there, and he bought us a huge $7 roast beef . After bringing the roast home, we hit up SEAR'S to use some points we had for there, as we both had $20 to spend on clothing, and $20 to spend on home.. And since we still needed to get Christmas gifts for one another, we decided this was the time to get gifts.. just for once we had to seperate. So first, my mom was in the Home department getting me gifts while I was in clothing getting hers - which I was able to get her two things . Then we switched departments, and I was able to get her three items from Home - plus was able to get a cheap throw blanket . Once we left there we hit up kmart again, and got more cat food, plus another Christmas gift for a friend, and an early birthday toy for a friends kid.. Then went to BJ's to get potatoes to go with the roast. Came home again. Changed into pjs, turned on the tv to tonights 'WWE RAW', and put dinner in the oven. Hour later we switched the channel to 'Teen Mom OG', and ate. Then watched that 'Floribama Shore' stupidness.. and just a few minutes ago, finished watching tonights second new episode of 'TM OG'.
I love the relationship that you and your Mom have, what a lucky pair you both are.
Thanks! Me too! Not many are lucky enough to have a good relationship with their kids or parents these days. Makes me sad.. but also makes me very happy and thankful for the one i have with mine
@Courtlynn Yes, you are so close and you are blessed to have her in your life, and you in hers. I do not enjoy a relationship with my mother. And sadly I never did, even as a child. But it did teach me how not to treat others.
@Juliaacv thank you. Sorry you didn't have the same.. I'd say you're pretty close to your son?.
@Srbageldog (5596)
I'm glad your letter on your daughter came today! Sorry it didn't have the best news, but it's good that overall you're happy with it. That's awesome you and your mom were able to get your Christmas shopping done for one another. Roast and potatoes sound so good right now. I still need to get cards to mail out. I was going to order some from Shutterfly but they are way too expensive. So I guess I will have to get a pack from the store. I'll do that tomorrow when I go out with my sister.
We buy new ones every year the day after christmas when everything 50% off at kmart lol. But also get the cheap ones at dollar tree. If it wasnt for shopping tonight, id get nothing for christmas from her and she wouldve only gotten 2 things from me. Now, she'll get 7 items but 6 gifts. Was delicious but guess we got too big a roast lol
@Courtlynn That's smart thinking. If I bought cards a year in advance, though, I would likely forget I had them. And then find them again years later. I'm glad you guys were able to get each other gifts. I still need to get my boyfriend a couple things, plus get my sister at least one more thing. Better to have too much roast than not enough.
@Srbageldog we have all our christmas stuff together in the downstairs closet. So we dont forget the cards, thankfully. But we like to have abiut 3 different boxes of them as we like to send out assorted ones every year not the same to everyone. Lol Yeah I'm glad I could get her some. But put one from the cat and one from my brother. So instead of getting 6 from me, she'll get 4. But better than the 0 she wouldve had as od a week ago.
Try to make it two good days in a row for you tomorrow.
Always try. Life and people get in the way
I am glad you got a letter about your daughter. I hope you got a picture to. Are you able to meet her when she turns 18?
No picture. Just the letter. Yes, as long as she wants me too. Adoptions are only til kids are 18, then the parent can find them if they want, or leave them be.
@RodrickH (1121)
Sounds you had a wonderful Monday
It was decent .
@peachpurple (10708)
You mentioned roast beef? I am hungry
Yup it was dinner last night and it was good.
@peachpurple (10708)
@Courtlynn Do you have it for xmas dinner too?
@peachpurple use to. Now we have lasagna
@JustBhem (22645)
• Davao, Philippines
Wow. How I would like to have a roast beef for dinner.
Hope you can one day soon.
@JustBhem (22645)
• Davao, Philippines
@Courtlynn Yes, looking forward to that moment. Lol
@JESSY3236 (5066)
Yesterday I read a book most of the day. I did some work though. Today I got the mail to get a package that came. I got two book from Open Library and converted them to my Kindle. I'm hoping to finish reading the book I was reading yesterday.
I hope you can do that.
Glad that you had a letter about your daughter.
Thank you.