Am I Guilty of Plagiarism?

@josie_ (5176)
They say imitation is the best compliment. A fellow mylotter wrote a poem, "The pain of the paradox of an unrealised truth" which I read and like. I decided to use the poem as a guide and wrote this love poem The pain of an unrealized love How dare you break my heart without my permission until I realize it was I who gave you the reason for so long I hid behind a mask of false bravado yet deep inside my heart was badly hurting The pain it fades with each day's passing but beneath the scars of yearning for your continues how then does one heal when the spirit is broken will knowing your true feelings bring final closure? Angels above they weep for me your "Love" was but a fleeting glimpse of blissful heaven yet still my heart open to you with hope and anticipation too late realizing the outcome brought only tears and sorrow *The hurt comes from the desiring, not from the unrealized "love" Have you ever plagiarize love? Photo image: Pixabay The poem can be found in the comment section
The truth stands around waiting for love to open it to you, but when you overindulge in happy pursuit of non-truths, love also loses its value for you then, as...
@miketagz (1329)
This is similar to anime series named Nisekoi. They met at school and these guys don't know that they're parents are referring to each other and they pretending to be in relationship in order to prevent war conflict on their both parties.
@josie_ (5176)
Unlike my grandchildren who enjoy watching anime, I'm not familiar with the Nisekoi series. But reading your description of the story plot, This poem could be in reference to the anime.
@miketagz (1329)
@cahaya1983 (9705)
Beautiful poem, although heartbreaking.
@josie_ (5176)
Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
You've written a nice poem. Good on you.
@josie_ (5176)
Thank you. It was inspired by the poem I "plagiarized"
@peachpurple (10707)
Nope, never do that, original poem is the Best
@josie_ (5176)
Nope I never do.But even "original" poems cannot totally avoid words or phrases other poetry writers use.
• Riga, Latvia
A really nice love poem. I also post poems online on different sites. I noticed something. Even though my poems are all original coming from my own inspiration sometimes some common and usual words get picked up on the web and one or two of my poems has been attached a link to some site that is entirely unrelated to my poem but is related to a phrase I have used. Interesting that way.
@josie_ (5176)
There is not much choice of words we can use to express certain emotions. We rely on our wordsmith capability to arrange the words and hopefully come up with a poem that is passable.
You can not copy someone else discussion. Is this yours?
@josie_ (5176)
I added the link.
@ridingbet (38080)
i have no idea if this is plagiarism
@josie_ (5176)
It's not. I pick the title because of my weird sense of humor. It's just a love poem
@ridingbet (38080)
@josie_ oh, okay
@yanzalong (8892)
If you copy but mention who owns it, I don't think that's plagiarism.
@josie_ (5176)
The poem is my own. I tried to express the philosophical ideas of the poem I read into feelings I imagine a scorn lover would have. It's the ideas not the words that I "plagiarized".
@yanzalong (8892)
@josie_ I see.
@JustBhem (22694)
• Davao, Philippines
I like the poem. sad and nice.
@josie_ (5176)
Thanks. I'm a happy person who prefer writing sad poems.
@JustBhem (22694)
• Davao, Philippines
@josie_ Ahaha. It's like the opposite of who you are.
You just made this as a guide from that one in the link , but it's different. So it's not plagiarism. You are a good poet - so sentimental.
@josie_ (5176)
Thank you. The reason for the sentimentality is because I am a sentimental person.
@josie_ Yes, one can perceive that from the poem.
Well, I hope it doesn't go bad for you, there's been a lot of nosey people out there that likes to report post for no reason. By the way, the poem, I couldn't finish it through, I started to have a tear
@josie_ (5176)
you had your heart broken in the past?
It's not plagiarism to use someone else's idea as long as you put your own slant on it. Though of course you know that, and have made a lovely poem from it.
@josie_ (5176)
Was I title-baiting? I could not have thought out this poem had I not read the other one. I was challenge to come up with a poem that paralleled the philosophical concept of the other poem, "that all things in life is illusory". What could be more illusive than love? This mylot member often post discussions about "the big questions in life" (why are we here, what is the meaning of life, our purpose here etc) I enjoy the give and take banter with him on these matters and was pleasantly surprise when he wrote this poem as a response to one of my comments.
No plagiarism here
@josie_ (5176)
@Madshadi (4945)
• Brussels, Belgium
I wouldn’t call that plagiarism
@josie_ (5176)
I hope not, or I might get deleted.
@Bluedoll (16814)
feelings can be copied? this poem is both sad and truthful
@josie_ (5176)
"feelings can be copied?" is a thought worth pondering. Thank you.
You gave credit to the other user which is a good thing. That is a healthy spirit. Like your poem.
@josie_ (5176)
Thanks. I like his poem. it's philosophical message resonated in both my mind and heart.
If you only used it as a guide then I don't think it's plagiarism. Everything we know and write about is by reading or hearing things people before have said.