On the 5th Day of December

@dodoazo (11112)
You are caught flat footed. Anything would happen when it is least expected and it is so common delimma everyone's experiencing it. That is, when you least expect of something, it will just pop up and you caught unaware and you will have a limited time to prepare. Are you ready to for it? This was happened to me on the 5th of December. I woke up late in the morning. It was 10:15 a.m. When I opened my cellphone which I used to do upon waking up and after a short prayer of thanksgiving, I checked my SMS and a message caught me by surprised that 9-month old granddaughter who is living away from us would be christened tomorrow and I was invited. I didn't know what to do for it is impossible to visit their place. I just replied my daughter-in-law to proceed without our presence for it's also impossible for my son to attend due to the pressure of his job. The reply simply expressed the humble gesture of being thankful that at least we have been informed, and we have expressed our desire to do so if there is no hindrances to be there. Well, we have the peace of mind for there is no problem - it's settled and we're all happy about it. You have experienced similar to this situation which you least expect something would call your attention or your presence. You have no other choice for it is in conflict with your job, or whatever and moreover the place is too far. How did you go about it? How did you reply the message sent so that the sender may not be hurt? How do you handle it? ---
As early as 3 a.m., waking up, carrying luggages up and taking no breakfast, my two grandchildren, Toto Bryan and Inday Adgel hurried up to ride on the...
@peachpurple (11016)
We ignored it because when someone called us, there is a notice. That runs 8n my family
@dodoazo (11112)
That is our problem. The notice is instant with no preparation. I said it is unexpected event and we have earliers commitments, jobs, among others. However, it is good that they do understand us.
@peachpurple (11016)
@dodoazo that is good to hear. At least your family members are understanding, not like mine
@dodoazo (11112)
@peachpurple My family is being considerate and they are reasonable and understanding.
@Bluedoll (16815)
can't be helped relatives understand
@dodoazo (11112)
That is the problem. Some couldn't understand. Some wouldn't listen to the explanation and the impracticability of the situation. Everything we know that has its own exception. We should understand it.
@Bluedoll (16815)
@dodoazo i was told not to work on Christmas but they didn't say they would pay my bills if i was fired for refusing to
@dodoazo (11112)
@Bluedoll What kind of work bargaining is that. Is it included in your collective bargaining agreement as far as work condition and work security is concerned? Anyway, I couldn't guess if your employer is right or not for it depends on the type of company or agency you are working with.
I would have done exactly as you did. I would have thanked them for the invite but tell them why I was unable to attend.
@dodoazo (11112)
That is for me the best thing we could do so that they couldn't be offended and at the same time we could have a peace of mind. That is good we did the right thing.
If only you could do both.
@dodoazo (11112)
But that is impossible. Remember the theory of Impenetrability. No two objects could occupy the same place. Thus, no person could be in two places at the same time. If it is only possible, why not.
@hereandthere (24047)
if it were on a weekend, you could probably find a way to attend, even with just one day's notice. middle of the week is quite unusual, awkward and inconvenient, especially if it's quite a distance away. maybe you can see each other this christmas instead.
@dodoazo (11112)
You are right. I couldn't say no if it is weekend or in holidays. But in some other days, we could still see each other especially this season of Christmas on Christmas Eve or in New Years' Day.