JJ's Vinyl Madness Countdown #712

By JJ
I was raised on this one, literally from the day I was born. It's weird how albums are 'valued' in the vinyl market...this one, though an original press from 1960, can be had for a few dollars. I can't seem to find any chart positions or sales numbers linked to it, but as good as it is, I'm sure it had to be popular. Heck, I'm still playing it often almost 58 years later... Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross! - The Hottest New Group In Jazz (And I would love to hear some of these 'singers' these days try to do this)
1B 6 eye promo label pressing of their Columbia debut album. Playback info: Technics SL-3200 turntable Shure M35X cartridge
I never heard of them though that may be the same Annie Ross who later did Broadway.
Yes, it is.
@topffer (30707)
• France
Voluble! Not exactly my kind of jazz music, but listenable.
Here's something different from the same album
Annie Ross Twisted (1960) Original instrumental version by Wardell Gray,Lyrics by Annie Ross,from the album Lambert,Hendricks,and Ross.
@topffer (30707)
• France
@JolietJake Here an English translation of the lyrics. It is worth reading.
Traduction de Boris Vian, paroles de « Fais-moi mal Johnny », français ? anglais (Version #2)
@topffer It was a bit rough trying to correlate the words with the singing, but I liked that