*Garbage_

my FB post
@ridingbet (38153)
Last Monday when I was about to get a ride going to the hospital, my son and I showed disappointment and anger because of the sight of the garbage bags in front of our gate. I even made a reminder that it is not allowed to throw the garbage in that particular area- the allowed place is a little farther than where those garbage are thrown. I immediately called out my sister and showed her the extent of the garbage; she in turn went to a neighbor who is a local official. The residents living near the provincial road are the ones throwing their garbage in the undesignated areas. Worse, the bags are not tightly tied and with one scratch of a chick, the baby diapers are already out of the bag. Last night, my son and my sister placed a sensor light that looks like close circuit television unit (CCTV) facing the gate. The ‘CCTV’ look-alike is not concealed and it is out so the people throwing their garbage will realize their actions are ‘seen’ by us. There is a CCTV focused in that area where garbage should be piled for the collection of the dump truck; unfortunately it is not functioning, and it is just a show-off. I hope tomorrow, there will be no more garbage in front of our gate.
@hereandthere (24234)
last night there was a couple arguing in front of the house. when they started getting noisier, i opened the screen door and told them to go somewhere else.
youre neighbour?
@Strawberry18 no. just people passing by.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
That would be upsetting. I live in a rural area. I am appalled by the amount to trash that people toss in our ditches and right on some of the less travelled roads.
@ridingbet (38153)
i guess there are unruly and disrespectful people all around the world. there are even some stopping by with their tricycle and tossing their trash in front of our gate. this morning before i drove out, a man wanted to throw his garbage and i looked at him sharply that he placed his plastic bag far from our gate.
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
Yay, that is horrible and rude for people throwing their garbage just like that.
@ridingbet (38153)
yes hija. really rude and undisciplined.
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet What if someone will throw garbage in front of their place? How would they feel?
@ridingbet (38153)
@JustBhem that is what my sister would always shout out when she is outside. "HAY NAKU, BAKIT DI NILA KAYANG ITAPON ANG BASURA SA TAPAT NG BAHAY NILA? TAKOT MARUMIHAN?" (why don't they stock up their garbage in front of their houses? are they scared to get dirty?)
@jobelbojel (5165)
I hope those people throwing their thrash get reprimanded for doing the wrong thing. And I hope you can put a working camera.
@ridingbet (38153)
i hope that CCTV will be operational, because it is really bad if this attitude of the neighbors will go a long way again.
@ridingbet Yes, and correcting it immediately is helpful.
@ridingbet (38153)
@jobelbojel my older brothers were also commenting on that post i shared on FB.
@peachpurple (10707)
No one pick up the garbage? Where is the truck ?
@ridingbet (38153)
the time of the garbage collection is 7AM. it has to pass that street because there are so many garbage.
@peachpurple (10707)
@ridingbet wow, that is early, comes how many times per week?
@ridingbet (38153)
@peachpurple before, it was earlier at 4:30AM. now they are delayed because there are many other places where they get the garbage from.
That too happens in the subdivision where I live. People would dump their garbage in a dark place of the road, for the garbage truck that only comes at nigh 9:00 for Tuesdays , Thursdays and Saturdays. And usually, some would dump it there and will stay there for many days since maybe the garbage truck wasn't able to pick them up. The helper and my brother-in-law, takes all our garbages in green big trash bags and wait for the garbage truck by the road where it passes at 9:00 p.m.
@ridingbet (38153)
what you do is the most preferred way of throwing the garbage. for us, sometimes my son or my sister waits for the truck to stop and collect the trash. sometimes too, my son places the bag right in front of our gate, not in that area in the picture. so far, so good. because the sensor light gets on when there is a slight movement, the unruly neighbors don't throw their garbage in that area as shown in the picture.
@ridingbet Oh wow, nobody would like to be caught red-handed with that sensor anymore.
@ridingbet (38153)
@SIMPLYD i believe the sensor is doing its 'fake' job. when the light is on with a slight motion, these unruly neighbors throw their trash far from our gate. it is serving its purpose now.+
This is horrible, shame you do not have a real camera so you can report those people to the local police.
@ridingbet (38153)
yes that is true. actually, there is a CCTV focused on the place where the garbage should be collected by the dump truck, but i don't really know if it is now functioning or not yet. right now, we are posting our comments with my 2 big brothers about this garbage problem, on FB
@ridingbet People have no manners.
@ridingbet (38153)
@LadyDuck at all, i believe. but not all people. some have good manners.
@antonbunot (9506)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, It must be Prime Minister Trudeau's garbage . .
@ridingbet (38153)
haha! no, kabsat, your PM's garbage is so big that it cannot be thrown here. eewww, there are some napkins with blood yet?
• Calgary, Alberta
@ridingbet Our PM's garbage is big?!
@ridingbet (38153)
@antonbunot oh, yes kabsat. it is as big as the cargo vessel in the ports. +
Oh, that is such a frustrating situation. I do hope you can find out who is leaving trash in front of your gate.
@ridingbet (38153)
tonight, i plan to hide in the shadow and will show myself once somebody throws his trash.
sorry to hear this. Is it always happening?
@ridingbet (38153)
yes, more often than not
@ridingbet sorry about that. You can report it to youre baranggay
@averygirl72 (14198)
It's really annoying. People should respect your place and stop putting their garbage there. Hope it will be collected by garbage collectors to clear your gate
@ridingbet (38153)
this morning, there was a pile of cut leaves, branches and twigs neatly placed in that area in front of the gate. my sister and i saw it, and i shook my head but my sister said it was not garbage per se, but just plants. i told her, it is still trash so it should not be placed there at all.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is so thoughtless of them. I hope the fake camera helped!
@ridingbet (38153)
it helped a bit. there was a few bags outside, and this morning, my son said there were no trash bags in front of our gate.
@cahaya1983 (9728)
How irresponsible of them to do that. That's a lot of garbage! Hopefully the sensor light would help deter them from doing that again.
@ridingbet (38153)
i think the sensor light did its task last night. the garbage is far from that place in the picture.
Did you complaint to the right people?
@ridingbet (38153)
yes we did, but there is no action just yet. my older brother told me a few minutes ago on FB that the concern should be addressed to the local office, but our barangay chairman is not prioritizing this problem
@josie_ (5198)
I also have this problem every now and then. Unfortunately they do it under cover of darkness. I hope your trick works.
@ridingbet (38153)
indeed, some residents are wise to throw their garbage at night, and this morning, there were garbage plastic bags in front, but a little farther. i think the sensor light was on when it felt some movements. the effect of the sensor light was, it lit and it focused on the one where the movement originated.
How irresponsible. I'm referring to the people who throw their garbage on the inappropriate place.
@ridingbet (38153)
i agree with you.