It's Coming! I'm Ready!

@Morleyhunt (16527)
We've been fortunate this year. It's is December the fifth and we've not had any substantial snowfall. Probably a good thing! My boots from last year went out with the trash. Last week I pulled them out and knew that they would not be suitable for another winter. They owed me nothing...iI'd been wearing them for the last 12 winters. Yesterday I headed out in search of winter boots. There were two major requirements....they had to be warm......they had to be comfortable. Ideally I would also find them reasonably attractive Score...I found boots...on sale even....so now I'm ready for the snow that is forecast to fall tomorrow!
Nice boots. I am sure you will get good use out of them!
@Morleyhunt (16527)
Wouldn't it be nice if they were good for the same length of time as the ones I just discarded?
@Morleyhunt That would be great. You got your moneys worth out of the last ones!
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@Happy2BeMe that's for sure. The last ones I bought on sale for a mere $20. Even these nice toasty warm boots were only $50. Half the regular price. Now I'm almost looking forward to the snow.
Its gonna be winter here this weekend. Yes pretty boots
@Morleyhunt (16527)
They do t make a fashion statement (other than looking nice and warm), but they aren't butt ugly either...so many of the warm boots are just that...so ugly I don't want to wear them.
So they tick the boxes on all counts. That's good.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
It's always nice when I can find something suitable on my first outing in search of footwear. These big feet of mine make shoe and boot shopping a bit of a nightmare.
@Morleyhunt I have a friend who takes a large shoe size (it's all right for you to say 'big feet' but I'll stick to 'large shoe size' ) and finds it difficult buying suitable shoes. Luckily I'm more run-of-the-mill.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@JudyEv I envy those who have more modest numbers in the shoe department. They have many more options that those of us who just throw away the shoes and wear the boxes.
You got a great pair of boots that really do look pretty!!! You are all set. I can wear the boots that are in the kid's section for boys. I have gotten some warm boots meant for little boys at quite a good price.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
Aren't you lucky. When I go in search of shoes I jokingly tell the salesclerk...give me the boxes...throw away the shoes. I have large feet...size 10....if I'm fortunate and they have a wide width I can sometimes get away with a 9... Square feet.
@Morleyhunt Well, you sure have some lovely boots now!! I wear a 61/2 so a size 13 in boys boots work for me. I use those boots to walk Molly in winter. Not that fashionable, but they work.
@peachpurple (10917)
A boot sale, worth waiting
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I dislike spending money on boots...but they are a necessary evil in the area I live. It's much better when I can find a pair I like...that fit...on sale!
@peachpurple (10917)
@Morleyhunt buy them since it is necessary
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
The boots look really lovely.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
Thank you! I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
@Morleyhunt Amazing.
They are warm looking boots. I have had the same pair for probably 20 plus years, but wear them so seldom that I don't need another pair. I hope that you get lots of years of use out of this pair.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I try to walk everyday even in the winter. I live in a rural area...just the trek to the mailbox would need a good pair of winter snow boots when we've had a significant snowfall.
I'm happy you were able to find boots on sale and they look lovely too!
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The true test for these boots will be ...are they as warm as they are supposed to be...and how will the wear.
We haven't had any snow yet...southern Illinois is notorious for not being able to predict with any certainty when the first snowfall will occur. Sometimes it can be early November, sometimes late December. Meanwhile, I am still wearing my flip-flops.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
In recent years it's been later and later. For years we always seemed to get our first substantial snowfall on the first Friday of December. (It was parent interview day at school and I would be taking delivery of Baby chicks from a hatchery 8 hours away.)
I am so picky with boots and do not want to spend a lot on them so I wear mine for years as well. My boyfriend hates my old worn out looking boots but I still love them.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I spotted these boots about a week ago. I hemmed and hawed...I preffered the ones with black fur...but they didn't have my size. It's not that I didn't like the brown fur trim....it's just this made them very similar in appearance to the boots I had just discarded.
@Morleyhunt I would be perfectly happy getting a new pair of the exact same boots I have I’m not good with change if you can tell.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@shaggin if I'm shelling out cash for new boots...id like to see them at least look like they are a bit different. Actually they are similar in colour but these lace...my last ones had a zipper. I think I like the idea of the laces better. zippers always give me problems.
@Platespinner (18472)
Those look nice and cozy!
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I'm hoping to get some use from them and that they live up to my expectations.
@Morleyhunt I might need something similar myself. We're expecting slushy stuff on Friday, and surprisingly enough so is lower Alabama!
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@Platespinner so far the snow hasn't appeared. The wind is howling though...so I expect that the next few hours could produce some interesting conditions. I'm glad I can stay home today.
@UncleJoe (8478)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I would even wear those in the house. If I keep my feet warm, the rest of me is good.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The clerk suggested I wear them in the house a few times...then if I don't like them I can return the 'unworn" boots for exchange.
@UncleJoe (8478)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Morleyhunt They certainly look comfortable to me.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@UncleJoe they seemed very comfortable and vey warm when I tried them on yesterday. Tomorrow morning I might wear them in the house...my floors tend to be cold and it's supposed to be cold and windy tomorrow....never mind the snow that is predicted...the lovely....unpredictable...lake effect snow....think Buffalo, NY.
That is good you are ready for the snow. I hope the boots work out for you. Today was a rainy day in Jerusalem.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I looked out of the window a few minutes ago. No snow (yet), but the wind is howling...probably about 80km/h gusts. When it gets light (in an hour or so) I'll need to check for downed tree limbs. I think it's going to be a long day.
@Morleyhunt Good thing you are inside. The wind sounds horrible.
Your boots look great and I see they are for very low temperatures.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
They are good for cold temperatures. That was one of the requirements. I really don't like cold feet.
@Morleyhunt I also do not like cold feet and I have warm boots to walk in the snow.
@tzwrites (3791)
They look comfy with the fur lining. Now all you need is the snow...
@Morleyhunt (16527)
They are very comfortable. I even needed a smaller size than usual. The first pair I tried on felt wonderful while I was sitting, but when I walked my feet slid around in them. The smaller size was perfect.
@ridingbet (37863)
oh, i love that. unfortunately, there is no snow here in my country
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The snow looks pretty and I really don't mind it when I don't need to go out. It seems the worst snowfalls occur when I have places to go with no option to postpone the engagement.
@nangayo (2287)
• Nairobi, Kenya
These are great and also seem to be very warm. have a great snowy day.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The boots are warm. The wind is cold. So far the snow hasn't made an appearance, but I expect to see the white stuff flying soon.
@fly802 (1222)
Your boots are looking very attractive..You must feel better wearing them as they are comfortable.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
They should keep my feet warm and dry..
• Preston, England
well done, hope these last at least 12 winters too @Morleyhunt
@Morleyhunt (16527)
That would be ideal. Some of it will depend on how much I wear them. I expect I will wear them a lot....maybe not this winter but once we move we will expect more snow.
Those look really nice and warm. I need a new pair too.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I put off the purchase as long as I could....then decision made....I went shopping. Hurray! I found a pair...I only tried on three different boots before I made my choice.