Blame it On The Moon

Yesterday, Monday, was chaos at our workplace. I don't know what got into people, but it seemed that every single worker had their plate full with trying to please someone. And it went on all day long. At one point during the morning, the owner paged me to his office. I met a new man who will begin employment with us this week. I was introduced to him and the owner asked me to draw up an employment contract and what points he wanted covered within it. The soon-to-be new employee then proceeds to ask me about our holiday hours and what days we will be closed. I though that an odd question before reading or signing his contract. Our owner advised him that I would fill him in on this when I toured him later on. Strange question so early into the game. I blame all of the struggles we endured yesterday on that full super moon a couple of nights ago. I hope that today is a more sane day. Did you feel bigger stresses as a result of the full super moon?
Nothing strange here but that is a different question he asked. I have heard asking about pay before but never about days off before you start. Lol.
I know right? I would have discussed this during the actual interview process, which I actually had to do when interviewing for this position, as I had to make him aware of my pending surgery.
@Juliaacv Yeah, that's a normal time to ask such things.
I hurt my back once on the night of the full moon and was taken to the ER department. It was full of crazies and the nurses said it was like that every full moon.
There are always a lot more births and obituaries surrounding a new moon when you read the newspaper also.
@Juliaacv I hadn't noticed that - not that I'd ever looked.
@JudyEv Since I worked for so many years in an old age home, it was common knowledge.
@HazySue (16978)
As a former teacher I will absolutely blame it on the moon. We knew that every time it was a full moon the kids would be crazy.
Our customers and even some of our staff were crazy yesterday.
@HazySue (16978)
@Juliaacv that's the effect of the full moon for you.
did you start howling there.I would go out and howl like the wolf.Such fun.
No, I was too busy putting out "fires" at work, everyone seemed so hot under the collar and I was the only voice of calmness around it seemed.
@dodoazo (11070)
If I were the one interviewing him, I wouldn't be accepted. Though he has all the privileges to ask any questions related to his work, but not as trivial or irrelevant questions.
He should have asked our hours during the interview process, not when he was about to sign the contract of employment.
No, the full moon had no effect on me/
Good, that makes you stable as ever. In London we sure did have our fair share of crazies!
With the holidays so close, the new employee probably needed to know in order to schedule his plans.
He has to make day care arrangements for his son that he will have that week of Christmas.
I ask about holiday hours, etc, before accepting any employment. I don't wanna take a job and then find out I don't like how it is set up.
At this stage of the game he could have easily changed his start date to accommodate whatever plans he has for the holidays, but he accepted the contract as I witnessed him sign it.
That does seem a bit premature to ask our holiday hours and days off before signing a contract. Yes, I think the super moon does make for some insane happenings.