80s new wave mania: "I Melt With You" Modern English (1982)

Los Angeles, California
“I Melt With You” only charted at Billboard Hot 100 #78 yet this classic new wave tune seemed much bigger. It surely was in the alternative radio world and this was reflected by a #7 Modern Tracks ranking. “I Melt With You” was boosted by a popular MTV video and prominent use in the early Nicolas Cage movie “Valley Girl.” From the album “Melt with the Snow,” the song was group written credit, sung by Robbie Gey and was about having sex while nuclear bombs are falling. The band formed in 1979 as the three member the Lepers in Colchester, England. The name changed to Modern English with the arrival of two additional band members. Modern English broke up in 1987, reunited for a couple of years in 1989 and came together again in 2005 continuing to this day.
MODERN ENGLISH I Melt With You Album: After The Snow May 3rd, 1982 http://www.4ad.com/releases/14 https://open.spotify.com/album/5npj803fI6x0fYa4sPavvL Live ...
@hereandthere (24138)
aside from 'i melt with you', other hits by modern english in the philippines were 'ink and paper' and 'hands across the sea.' new wave was big here.
@FourWalls (9954)
Major mondo super dooper thumbs up! (I kinda like this song.)
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
OH yeh, I remember that song. I didn't know it had anything to do with Valley Girl. I have avoided that movie like the plague. I just thought it would be irritating. I know it gave rise to a lot of irritating patterns of speech that still linger, lol..
@LeaPea2417 (15296)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I remember that song and I liked it a lot.
@LoriAMoore (9986)
I know this one!
Never hear that song before.
I love this song and it's still one I love to hear. I always thought their band name was unique.
@topffer (30602)
• France
I remember to have heard this one at the time. Good melody
@redurnet (951)
I've never heard this before but very interesting information and nice song.
I must admit I don't know this one.
@dgobucks226 (6713)
Great song! An Alternative classic for sure! Remember watching that movie, glad the song was better. It also makes a good song for a commercial
That was a great album. This is my favorite by them.
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... For the house. On the house. Loading... Treat the fam to 1