Good Morning 12/5

It is starting to get windy. Later on it will rain, and then we will get some very cold weather which may even entail a bit of snow on Friday. I am not really looking forward to it..other than the snow. Anyway, the day before yesterday I noticed the heating element in my range had broken. This is not a repair I want to attempt myself though, and I don't want to call Sears as they charge a fortune. My friend bought the part for me..and we have a friend who is an electrician so hopefully we can get him down here. I also advertised on FB for a local handyman type who could do this job. I know this isn't a tough job..but I am notoriously inept. It pays to know what you can and can not do. Did your heating element ever break?
It is windy here. The Santa Ana winds are howling away.
The windy has kind of slacked off for now.
@snowy22315 The wind is expected to rage here all day and brush fires have broken out.
@JohnRoberts Ours has just picked up due to the approaching cold front.
It is really windy here, and cold. Not pleasant outside, but we do have sunshine, so that helps.
I guess we will be getting some of that..They said on TV it will be cold for a week or more..maybe until the middle of the month.
I would never be able to tackle a problem like a non working heating element. I'd have to call someone to fix it for me so I hope you can get it done without it being too expensive.
Yeah..it will get fixed at some point.
Hope you find a handy repairman soon.
Yeah...in the mean time I will be using a small convection circulator oven. I have a toaster oven and microave too..so these will be some good short term solutions.
Luckily for me my husband can fix mostly anything that breaks!
That is lucky!
I wish you luck with that. it's things like that that remind me I never want a house. I hope my man knows what he is doing.
Yes, that is one nice thing about apartment living getting stuff fixed by someone onsite.
Yes, mine broke a few years back and was fixed at a reasonable price.
I will get somebody who isn't going to charge an arm and a leg.
@CinnamonGrl (5812)
• Paradise, California
It was really windy here yesterday. I hear the wind outside this morning, too, but I think it's supposed to die down later in the day. Sunny but cold. Yes, electricians are expensive. My daughter's mother in law moved to this area, and she is a retired electrician. She fixed a couple lamps for us. Very handy! I don't remember having a broken heating element before. Had a lot of other broken electrical objects though. Hope you can get it fixed soon and not have to pay an arm and a leg.
Yes, if Peter,,our friend can fix it that would be the best..but it is hard to get him out of his comfort zone..long drive down here for him.
I think you are really wise to know what you can and can't do. Some are not so wise and get into lots of problems.