Black!

By Resh
@rey123 (713)
There are many people who believe in superstitions.They say black is a colour which is a sign of bad luck and refuse to wear black clothing on big occasions thinking that it brings bad luck.Also,people wear black clothing for funerals.According to colour psychology black denotes death,evil,mystery.It usually denotes a negative connotion.But,on the other hand black is also considered to be a very formal,elegant and a prestigious colour.It all depends on how people see it..It depends on their mindset.There are many people who love the colour black.They love to wear black dress,love black colour cars and they like to have everything in black including me!.What do you say!???
I like the color black for clothing, it's slimming. =)
@rey123 (713)
Exactly!.I totally agree!
@redurnet (934)
My sister has a weird thing where she will only wear black, grey and white. I find it a bit odd. I like to wear black as I think it can look quite formal and neat.
@rey123 (713)
Each one of us have our own choice of colours.Its okay that your sis prefers wearing those black,grey and white.Its just a matter of choice.Maybe you could tell her to try other colours if she's open to your suggestion.There were even times when I used to repeatedly wear same colour dresses.It was because I didn't think other colours would suit me and never wanted to go for other colours at all.But when my mom and my sister compelled me to try out an unusual colour which I normally don't prefer wearing,to my surprise it looked great on me!.
@nela13 (629)
• Portugal
I like the black color, but my mom have some superstition with this color.
@rey123 (713)
Hifive mate!.And I think you should make your mom understand that it's not the way she thinks.Many people believe in superstitions just like your mom does.
@nela13 (629)
• Portugal
@rey123 I think color superstitions don't make sense.
@rey123 (713)
@nela13 Yup!.It doesn't!
I love to wear elegant black dresses, I would never wear a black dress if invited to a wedding, of course.
@rey123 (713)
According to me it's just a colour and it's all about how you see it.Anyways Its your choice and I respect it!.
@rey123 It is considered very rude in our culture to wear a black dress at a wedding, it's not superstition, but a matter of habit, no white and no black at a wedding. The white is reserved for the Bride, the black is the colour of mourning.
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
One of my favorites is black and I don't think it as a bad thing.
@rey123 (713)
That's cool!
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
@rey123 Yes, I like black.
I wear a lot of black clothing. I love the way it looks. We have 3 cars, and all are black. We do not consider black bad luck. Our roof is black, and it has not fallen in, so we are good.
@rey123 (713)
So do I!.Black is the most attractive colour especially when it comes to cars or clothing!
I don't believe in color superstitions and I love the color black.
@rey123 (713)
That's cool!
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
Funny thing is that I love black. . It matches with any colour
@rey123 (713)
That's cool mate!.
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
@rey123 yeah I don't get why most people just hate the colour
@nangayo (2301)
• Nairobi, Kenya
True i love black blouses, skirts, trousers, shoes, and bags because with black it goes well with any other colour. A black skirt can be worn with a blouse of any colour and also black shoes go with every colour of cloth same to a black bag.