Accomodations and Flexibility

My employer rocks! I haven't been feeling really great the past couple of months and it seems to be getting worse. I have surgery booked for this coming Thursday, but it cannot come soon enough it seems. I have pain which keeps me up for most of the night. I found it very difficult to drag myself out of bed in time to be at work yesterday. So, I spoke with my boss and I asked if I could adjust my hours for today and tomorrow. He was kind enough to allow it. So, for 2 days I will be able to take my time in the mornings, which is better for me. Just 2 more days and then I'll be able to get to the hospital and let them fix me up. I'm appreciative for the flexibility of my employer and I hope that the surgery does the trick! ~Photo is part of my Snowman/Santa collection
That is great that you have such a wonderful boss that works with you on this. Soon it will all be behind you and you will be feeling better again.
I am almost counting the hours now. I am so tired of feeling weak and in pain.
@Juliaacv i can imagine. It gets a point where you just want it over with.
It's nice that you are working for someone who takes your needs into consideration. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your upcoming surgery. I'm sure it will be wonderful to have pain free days and nights once the surgery is over.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep, and not to see the worry in my husband's eyes, that bothers me.
That has to be awful - kept awake at night because of pain. Isn't there a pain killer you could use in the meantime?
No, I have to watch what I take because of my pending surgery. I'm just trying to grin and bear it, and my employer being so good with allowing me to change my hours is a huge help.
It's great to have a boss like that. Mine is very understanding also. When someone is not feeling well, they don't mind if we stay or have to go home.
I was so appreciative of their flexibility, its nice to work for a company that is so accommodating.
@Juliaacv It's wonderful to work for people who care!
@Susan2015 It really is. But its my opinion that you reap what you sow, don't you think?
Are you going to have knee surgery? It's awful to stay awake all the night because you are in pain, I hope you will recover quickly.
No, I have to have some cysts removed that are growing inside of me. I believe that I had 1 rupture on me a few days ago, it really hurt and bled a lot. My blood has been low for months as a result of this craziness.
@Juliaacv I remember you mentioned you had a visit to check on this. I hope it's an easy surgery with a quick recovery.
@LadyDuck It is non-evasive surgery, which is done by a scope with a camera and a little knife on the end of it.
That is generous of your employer. How long will you have off after your operation?
The doctor advised me that I only truly need 24 hours, as they don't recommend driving or making important business decisions for that amount of time. I will have the surgery this Thursday and return to work next Monday, so that is more then the recommended time that the doctor advised me to take off. Its non-evasive surgery, so it shouldn't be a problem.
@Juliaacv When it is all safely over you might find you need some extra rest and sleep simply because of the worry and tension you've been under - even if it's been minimal. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
@JudyEv Thank you. I am focussed on getting as much work as possible done today, as I won't be back until next week. I know that I need rest, I hope to start that tomorrow as I won't be woken when my husband rises for work as he has the day off to be with me. And I will try to stay rested before I go into the hospital so that I kind of get a head start on the rest and then maybe will need less afterwards. I'm sure that the remainder of this month I will be playing catch up in the rest department.
I'm glad your employer is working with you on that. I hope the surgery fixes you up.
Thanks, he's very generous, you know it hasn't even been 2 months since I started working there, so it wouldn't take much for him to let me go. But he hasn't, in fact today he told me that he's so appreciative of my upbeat sense that it lifts everyone in the office up. I feel that way about they way that they make me feel, so we're even!
@Juliaacv That's a great work environment.
@Juliaacv A wonderful work environment for you Julia!
Im glad they're letting you take the extra time you need to get ready for work. Very nice boss you have
I feel fortunate that he allowed me to change my hours like that. When I walked in today, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up at me as I walked thru the sales office and I just called out "hello everyone, how's it going?" and then as I was breezing thru to my area I heard the owner call out to me. So I poked my head in his office door and asked if it was a good day today, and he said it will be now, and he told me how appreciative he is to have me come in so happy and upbeat it lifts everyone up. I smiled at him and said its my pleasure and they uplift me more then words could say. I feel so lucky to have this job.
@Juliaacv aww thats awesome! Glad yoy love it and they're all so nice.
Oh, you do have such an understanding employer. I hope the surgery does the trick too!! I bet it does!
Thanks Deb, your support means a lot to me, you know that.
@sjvg1976 (14615)
You employer is nice otherwise no employer does the same. Hope you get well soon.
Thanks so much!
@Teep11 (6530)
Hope that the pain is relieved. There may be some pain but I'm still trying to proceed. Working from home is a joy but there will be times when there's some painful events.
Thanks. I hope that you feel better soon too.
you need to get better for the family and Christmas.
I know Alfredo, hopefully the day after tomorrow I'll get all fixed up. I won't be able to drive or make any important business decisions for 24 hours, so I'll lay low around here and spend the time on the site here. I so want to heal and get better, so badly.
@LoriAMoore (10031)
Hoping you get better.
Thanks a couple more days and hopefully I'll be on the mend.
Forgot to say that I was so glad that you had an understanding boss.
I hope that the surgery has fixed your problem for good.