Dreary Day But It's Better Than Snow

It's a bit on the dreary side today but cloudy skies and the possibility of some rain later on is way better than snow. I used to love snow but now I just like to look at it and not drive or walk in it. Being a kid certainly has it's advantages when snow brings with it school closings and sled riding etc. Now those are just fond memories for me and when I hear it's going to snow I think slipping and sliding, falling and breaking a hip I've made some headway this morning with the usual things that need to be done around the house and just emptied the dishwasher (not my favorite thing) and now I"m going to enjoy my second cup of coffee and chat for awhile. I stayed up later than I should have last night but I'm reading such a good book I hated to close it and go to sleep. I'm reading The Silent Wife by Kerry Fisher and she's becoming one of my favorite authors. Other than the usual daily routine I'm happy to say the Christmas tree is done and all the boxes and containers with the decorations are safely put away until it's time to take down the tree. It's nice to have a tidy dining room once again and the house has really taken on a festive look. My daughter put up the outside lights yesterday and they look so pretty. Even though it's only the beginning of the month so many of my neighbors had already decorated that I was starting to feel like our house was sticking out like a sore thumb with no lights. Now I'm happy that it's done. Later on I have to return a phone call from one of my closest friends and I know it will be a marathon conversation since we haven't spoken since right before Thanksgiving. She was heading out of town to celebrate with family so we have a lot to catch up on. Other than that, my day will fly by as usual I'm sure. What are you doing today?
The first few paragraphs we could be living the same lives. I hate snow now but I absolutely loved spending as much time as I could in it when I was a kid. I've got laundry very backed up that I have strarted tackling this morning. I laid in bed last night reading a good book for an hour.
It is horrible outside with the Santa Ana winds howling and raging.
i remember my first experience walking on snow and ice - I did fall a few times - but nothing serious. Today I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a gift box which arrived today from my family overseas.
I can't wait until we can decorate our home for Christmas, hopefully soon! I hope you have a wonderful day. =) No plans here today, not even babysitting. Just getting some chores done and taking care of my babies.
@LoriAMoore (10003)
Rained all night here, kinda dreary today.
@dodoazo (11251)
Every time I read your post you are always like a busy as a bee. I think personally you are an energetic woman, full of vigor and enthusiasm. That is the woman that could spell success easily.
I loved snow as a kid, but you know the rest of the story. lol I flew to Florida after seeing Doodles one last time for four months, then spent the afternoon opening the condo, cleaning, making the bed, and unpacking. No food or the strength to shop, so we went out for dinner and the next day, for breakfast. We grocery shopped, but will hit other stores and the farm market the next few days. I'm emotionally and physically drained.
@rina110383 (23113)
Will be working today.
I will still play in the snow but I prefer not to get any. But I have a flight of stairs to climb to get in the house, those are the hard part. I worked at home, walking the dogs, making sure they will be warm. Picked kale, turnips and mustard greens, clean al lthree bags, cooked them and they wait for me to put in jars and can them
It's nice to have long phone chats with old friends isn't it?
@cahaya1983 (9632)
I agree with you, it's interesting how we see things differently at different life stages. Glad to know you're done with decorating. Enjoy catching up with your friend!
@bunnybon7 (33092)
• Holiday, Florida
yes we look at so many things differently as we age. i used to love snow too and everyone tells me i would not be so happy if i moved back where they have it now. my days also go too quickly. probably because i am old
It has been very gusty here with the wind today and it makes it very cold. But at least we only had a couple snowflakes, so that was great.
i love snow! I'll take your snow any time! Glad your house has now joined the rest in the neighborhood
• Portland, Connecticut
I was working on genealogy this morning, I almost finished uloading the dishwasher, put in a load of wash, went to exercise and tonight we have cards so a full day.
Today usual blood test and injection day.Such fun
• Derby, England
I like snow so long as I don't have to go out anywhere.I am making headway with Christmas preparations as well. I have just finished a book called "When the Future Comes Too Soon"by Selina Siak Chin Yoke which was very interesting and am going to read "Sister of Mine" by Sabra Waldfogel bot on my kindle.
I jotted down the title and author of the book you are reading. Sounds like a good one!!! We have cold, but sunshine today. No show. I hate snow now too.
@JESSY3236 (5045)
I'm hoping to finish reading one book. I got two books from Open Library and converted them to my Kindle. I got the mail and got one of my packages that came. It's windy here and it's cloudy.
I am working all day. We are having light flurries now but we are suppose to get a lot of rain tonight and into tomorrow. Enjoy your talk with your close friend.