Tuesday morning- a great day ahead!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have been writing about my sleeping problems the last couple of days. It started out bad with sleep last night. I had gone to bed a few times and took an hour or so to fall asleep, while sleeping 10-20 mines at a time. I thought suddenly that I get groggy taking extra hot baths. So I had been up at midnight, so around 2 am when I remembered it and took a long, hot bath and became so groggy as I stayed in the water a half hour. I went to sleep at 2:45 am and quickly fell asleep. I slept until 7:44 am and feel great! Onyx let me sleep without waking me up even though when I woke up, he was sitting that looking at me waiting for me to awaken. We had our morning loving session, and then I started my day. I have no plans until my cleaning service is coming at 4:00 pm the house needs it as they asked for Thanksgiving week off and skipped that second cleaning of the month so I am eagerly awaiting them! what are some ways you get to seep at night when you can't sleep that gets you to sleep such as my hot bath? did you sleep well yesterday?
A bad night with noisy loud winds outside. Onyx has the life. He never has sleep issues.
I heard on the news about the winds where you are. They said it made a wildfire worse and spread it and last I heard a thousand people had to evacuate. are you safe? Is was supposed to get windy here last night, supposed to bring in cold weather. No Onyx has no problem sleeping it is his favorite thing to do! He was sound asleep while sleeping all night before I finally fell asleep, He woke up to go to sleep in the window!
@Marty1 The brush fires are in Ventura County and I am in Los Angeles County.
@JohnRoberts Oh that relieves me as I was thinking about you and worrying when I heard that on the news
A hot bath always makes me sleepy as well. I like to read at night it helps me relax and get sleepy.
I decided that I am going to take a hot bath each night. Then I will use your idea about reading, and add something to what I have read. I will not read my Kindle in bed as things like that cause one to not sleep as well from what I read online. I will read my library book instead! I may sign off the computer and kindle after a certain time and stick to reading regular books!
@Marty1 yep being on a device with a bright screen actually keeps is from sleeping.
@shaggin I have to follow that as I usually read my Kindle in bed and do some my lotting on the internet part of my kindle. I was on Pinterest for over an hour last night. I will have to rearrange my time and get a schedule going with the thing i do on computers, so I have enough time to do all things I wish to do!
Nothing helps me sleep lately. Which sucks. Hope uou have a better night sleep tonight
I am so sorry nothing helps you sleep. I had a better night last night. At first, I was feeling odd and then remember I feel that way when in bed if I didn't have dinner. I was too tired to eat, so I got up and ate and went right to sleep after that and slept from a little after 8 pm until 12:17 am! I never usually sleep through the night so I a happy with that wake up hour!
@Marty1 thats good.
Wow! So glad you found a solution to your sleep problem. May try that myself if I have trouble. I did sleep well last night. Yippee!!
I am also going to start getting off the computer sooner and put my kindle i just remembered in sleep mode so I can still use it but not have the light from it cause me problems sleeping as I read on a website online. No computers though. Hip hip hooray you slept, my good friend!
@PatZAnthony (11799)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Hope you don't have any more sleeping problems but it does seem like you're hot bath idea worked well for you.
I have not had too many problems sleeping since then, though I was up to 10 pm Thursday night, but that was my fault because i was not trying to sleep as I was reading an excellent book that is a Christmas book!
@ridingbet (37892)
i believe i have no trouble sleeping, either naps or the night sleeps. once my back is on top of the bed, i immediately sleep.
You are lucky! My dad was that way!
@rina110383 (23047)
Yes, I had a decent sleep yesterday.
I am happy for you! i got to sleep right away last night but didn't sleep the whole night through. I had about 4 -5 hours of sleep!
We were always told to give our babies a bath if they were restless. So a hot bath sounds a good idea. I'm glad it helped you sleep.
Did you ever give your sons a bath for their restlessness? Does it work? I was able to sleep last night, and I didn't even get a bath! I slept from a little after 8 pm until 12:17 am! I am very happy today because of that!
sleep well.Never sleep well.I nap better than sleep.Does this many any sense
I completely understand. I had to be told not to take a nap or even lay down during the day by my doctor. He ordered that as I would have such an easy time to falling asleep and slept so well, i would not sleep that night
@LoriAMoore (9922)
I slept well in fits and spurts and had weird dreams that had me confused when I'd wake up as to whether or not they were real.
That was how my sleep started off, with few minutes here and there. It was not until i took that hot bath that helped! I am sorry about the weird dreams. I dreamed a week, or so, ago i was buying pet hamsters bring them home and lose them and going to buy a new one!
That's good that you got some sleep after the bath! =) I slept okay last night. I hope you have a great day!
I was amazed I got that sleep, but I guess home remedies sometimes work ;) Thank you I hope your day is great, too!
I always have a hot bath before I go to bed. It is so relaxing especially when the weather it cold. It makes you all warm and easier to fall asleep.
I usually take my bath in the morning but will start taking one at night. Yes, it does feel good in the winter when it is cold outside