I'm Being Timed

Green Bay, Wisconsin
When I got my new Chromebook, I decided to look for apps that would work well for me. One of those apps is a break timer. It times me to work for half an hour, then times me out for 2 minutes to stretch my legs and do whatever I need to do in that two minutes. It worked great yesterday, and since I've already begun my day on the Internet, it's in force today as well. The only time I don't really notice it is when I'm working on a book or other writing, though it does still give you a timer, if I'm paying attention to it that is. It doesn't put the timer screen on when I'm working on a novel, only when I'm here on the Internet. So, I'm getting up every half hour, and keeping myself limber because of it. Have you found a way to not sit for so long here? Thanks for reading. Image taken just now, will be full screen at the end of that time.
@sishy7 (27346)
That's a good idea... But that timer is pretty big... Does it cover part of your screen for the whole 30 minutes?
That sounds like a great idea! Glad its working so far.
It is, but then I have no choice other than to take it off the address bar, but then I would be sitting for hours. I actually got most of the office cleaned during those two minute breaks yesterday.
@just4him well thats good! Ps: got your card, thank you so much!
@Courtlynn I'm glad. That makes me really happy.
I do not sit too long.If I do about 15 min or so and get up walk around go out if the weather is pleasant.I hate sitting down for a long period of times.
That's good for you to be so active like that.
@just4him I have to be Val.So I do not think about my medical issue.I know will drop but gotta keep going and enjoy every day of my life.Or try to.
@amadeo That's the best way to be.
@FayeHazel (11791)
Ah that is a great idea. Enjoy your Chromebook and thanks for sharing that!
You're welcome. I am, but like the other laptop, I'll probably use it when I'm in the living room, which isn't often.
@FayeHazel (11791)
@just4him Good to have more than 1
@FayeHazel Yes, it is.
I get up to fix meals, eat, do the dishes, put clothes in the washer and dryer and go for two walks a day.
You keep busy.
@cahaya1983 (9655)
That's a good way to take care of your posture. I also found a sedentary reminder app recently, it's basically an alarm that pops up an alert telling you that you've been sitting for so and so amount of time.
That's a good reminder as well.
@rina110383 (23239)
I try to move every after 2 hours.
It's good to do.
I sometimes sit here much too long - like now!
I just had the timer go off on me, so I've had my 2 minute stretch.
I was going to write a post soon about this very thing. I can get so interested in my computer, hours go by for me and I just sit there. So I try to set a timer on my phone to go off every ten minutes, so I can just get up and walk around the room for a minute. That's a great app you found.
Thank you. It really is. I've gotten to the point when I know when it's about time for the next break. There's a popup that comes at the bottom of the screen for the last few seconds before the screen goes green.
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
There are so many amazing apps aren't there. Though I'm glad you don't use it while writing. I'm quite good, I'm an embarrassingly active person so there's no chance of my sitting too long. Apart from when I'm serious writing of course.
That would really interrupt my train of thought to have the screen go green suddenly. However, I'm doing good with getting the office done when it's on timer.
That would be perfect for me. I almost always get carried away and forget to take breaks.
So do I, but I have no choice when the screen goes green on me.
• Spain
sounds like a good idea...time can easily run away with you. It's good for you eyes to have a break too!!
Yes, it is. I'm glad I found the app.
@tammys85 (8675)
Oh wow, that's actually a good idea. I tend to forget to get up and stretch when I'm working.
It's about to go off.
@tammys85 (8675)
@just4him That's good. How long do you stretch for?
@tammys85 Just the two minutes, unless I let it go idle to really get some work done, which I did last week while I was preparing for the ladies brunch on Saturday.