'High Winds out of the West, Today!'

@kobesbuddy (19696)
East Tawas, Michigan
Last night, I went to sleep listening to strong winds blowing outside! I was just happy to be snuggled up in my warm bed, instead of being outdoors. This morning, we are still getting some powerful gusts, that seem to be coming out of the west. Our weather man's forecast said this would happen and end up bringing in some colder temperatures. This isn't a surprise to me, as we are about to head into the second week of December. Michigan usually has at least a few inches of snow, by this time each year.
It has been howling Santa Ana winds since last night here in LA.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, those winds are coming out of the west and sweeping right across the Northern states!
Wow, those are some really tall trees. I wish I had some that tall, my elms which I thought were kinda tall would look like dwarfs compared with these. It's colder here as well but I am glad we are not getting the winds just yet. One weather service thinks it might snow here tomorrow but I think that is a load of kadunk.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I look for snow this week, in Michigan:)
Makes sense @kobesbuddy you guys get snow more often then we do.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@rebelann Michigan's U.P. gets hit a lot more severely, each winter. We don't get even 1/2 the snow, that they get!
No strong winds here, but have little rain and suooosed to get some snow this wekeend.. though. I'll believe it when i see it
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had rain yesterday and last night, a prediction of snow by the weekend, also.
@kobesbuddy im so hoping we get snow.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Courtlynn I'm looking forward to our first snow of the season:)
@topffer (30611)
• France
I am looking at your impressive trees. I have not seen a snowflake since 2012 in my place, and I would prefer to not see any. It is nice to have snow for Christmas, but it quickly turns to a disaster here : last time the city had not even sand to put in the streets, and people do not know how to drive on snow in this area.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@topffer We are so use to driving on snow covered roads, in Michigan. For about five months of the year, those clouds will give threats of a heavy snowfall.
It is cold and windy in our Chicago suburb too. The leaves are flying through the air.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That's what I've noticed, too. Those oak leaves are blowing all over the neighbor's yard!
we are supposed to get some high winds later on tonight.Rain and maybe a wintry mix
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had the rain yesterday, today the high winds and tomorrow snow is predicted:)
@kobesbuddy your weather similar to ours?
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@amadeo Yes, it seems to be following a similar pattern!
@rina110383 (23070)
I love your place. Looks relaxing to me.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Thank you, I love living on the outskirts of a forest.
Yes we usually have more snow by now and all we had today was a couple of snowflakes. The wind has been very loud!
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had 40 mile per hour winds, throughout the evening last night and today, also. Yet, we don't have any snow.
@Deepizzaguy (7619)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The Lake Charles area is finally getting some cold winds starting tonight and it will last through the weekend.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our cold winds in Michigan will probably end, in April! LOL
I see on the news that your area is getting a blast of cold weather coming. Guess winter has decided to show up afterall.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, you're absolutely right! It's colder with that strong wind blowing, plus snow is in our forecast tomorrow. This is usually what we experience, the first week of November.
It just rains here and I am very glad about that. I do not like the snow at all.
@kobesbuddy (19696)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had rain all afternoon, yesterday. Tomorrow, we're suppose to get some snow.
The hardest part of the cold for me is wind. I love your trees.
I've seen that snow coming across from Minnesota and either going north into Canada or across the UP. We don't have any yet, but there were flurries this morning. We had those high gusts yesterday too. The forecast I read said 33 degrees for the temp and 32 mph for wind. Everything was blowing here. This morning I woke up to 21 degrees and 13 wind chill. The gusts were calmed down, but still a bit windy, just not like yesterday. I dressed warm for my trip to the pool. I have my thermal shirt on under my sweater.
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
we will also have cold winds soon, in the next few days,the real winter will come.the coldest days will come soon
It rained here all day and the weather cooled down a lot.
• Portland, Connecticut
I have noticed tonight that the wind has picked up here, I wonder if it is the same front coming our way. We may get some snow by the end of the week,