Southern States

Riga, Latvia
Missouri was home to many Indian tribes when it entered the Union in 1821. It was named by the Algonquin Indians. The name meant “river of the big canoes”. Today over half the population lives in the state’s two major cities – Kansas City and St. Louis. The nickname of the state is the “Show Me State”. The capital is Jefferson City and the state flower is the white hawthorn blossom. Arkansas is the 25th state. Early French explorers named it by the French word meaning “downriver” people. It referred to the Quapaw Indians and the river by which they settled. This is the only state where diamonds are still mined and today the mine has become a tourist attraction. Hope, Arkansas is the place where former President Bill Clinton was born. The state nickname is the “Land of Opportunity”. The capital is Little Rock and the state flower is the apple blossom. Mississippi was named after an Indian word that meant “great waters” or “father of waters”. It is the 20th state and is considered part of the Deep South. It is the nation’s largest producer of upholstered furniture. Its nickname is the “Magnolia State”. The capitol is Jackson and the state flower is the magnolia blossom. Also in the Deep South Louisiana was named in honor of King Louis XIV. Its nickname is the “Pelican State”. The city of New Orleans is well-known for its Mardi Gras and jazz festivals. The capital is Baton Rouge which in French means “red stick”. It was given this name because French-Canadian explorer Pierre Le Moyne d’Urbervills saw a red cypress post while visiting there in 1899. The state flower is the magnolia.
A lot of these capitals appear on our game Ticket To Ride. I'm enjoying this series. Do you think you will cover all 50 states?
• Riga, Latvia
I will sure try but after awhile it gets a bit confusing. I am trying to go in a certain order and will have to start taking a count @JudyEv but it sure is fun to do this.
@RasmaSandra I doubt anyone will notice if a state turns up twice but it probably wouldn't as you dealing with them quite methodically.
I have been to these states and the diamond field in Arkansas.
• Riga, Latvia
I think I remember once that you mentioned about the diamond field @JohnRoberts