I'm apparently easy to please.

I am either pathetic or silly. It is almost 4pm, and I have only taken a half of a pain pill. That makes me ecstatic. I take prescription pain medication, and most of you are familiar with my back and neck issues due to a car accident. I'm allotted three pills a day, but I don't like taking all three. It really depends on how active I am. But half a pill thrills me! I guess these days the little things make me happy. Is it easy to have your day made?I
That is so good to hear. Needing less pain medication for the day is something to celebrate.
It depends, sometimes it is. I would say if you need the pain pills take them, otherwise cutting back on them is probably wise.
That is great. Its tge little things tgat mean the most. Glad you are having a good day.
That's great that you didn't need all your pain pills. It's a great shame that you need them at all.
I would be thrilled too . . . the less medication the better!
I am THRILLED right there with ya cause the least amount it takes for a dosage to stave off the pain receptors, the better !
Thank you for the encouragement.
@AmbiePam whenever you need some, I have a bag of it, plenty to share my reserves for people who are worthy . . .
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
I'm like you, reluctant to take the medication unless I have to. But don't go too short as after a few days it will catch up with you.
True, thank you.
@cahaya1983 (9613)
I don't like popping pills either so I understand how taking less medication makes you happy. Yes I'm the type that is easy to please as well. I always find joy in the smallest of things, like having a nice snack to munch on!
Free samples make me ridiculously happy.
Mostly yes, but then you run into stupid people and .. life.
@YrNemo (8553)
In the past, yes. These days, I feel old suddenly! I should begin to look for a walking frame .
@1creekgirl (8737)
Yes, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Glad you did ok on 1/2 pill.
The less medication you take the better.
I too am on pain pills. I have to take them for my neck, back, right hand and arm, both shoulders, and both legs. I was injured on the job about forty years ago and the pain grows with each passing day. I am very careful with the pain pills and get into activities that won't aggravate the injured areas but will keep my mind off the pain. I started making teddy bears over thirty years ago and am still at it along with designing and making other animals. It helps a lot! I do get the "happies" on occasion from my pain pills. It doesn't happen too often though. When it does I don't go shopping as I will spend WAY too much money!
You have a good attitude about it.
@AmbiePam Well the one good thing about my spending waaaayyyyyy too much money is that it's either at the thrift store or Walk Mart on something that I need. Then I usually pay cash so it doesn't hurt the money in my account for the month. I keep a close watch on that account. I also allow myself a certain amount each month for "fun" spending. That's for stuff I can use but its still not necessy. It sounds kind of odd, but when you realize my house burned down two months ago it makes more sense.
Can you substitute something like Extra Strength Tylenol if you need relief? I'm truly happy that you can manage on half a pill.
That unfortunately doesn't work, but on occasion Ibuprofen takes the edge off the pain, which I would rather take than prescription.
@AmbiePam I would do the same.
That's great! Hopefully that means your doctor will take you off the meds soon. It is when I have a day like today.
I'll never be off of them unless a miracle happens, but I can always hope!
@AmbiePam Yes, you can hope, but it's good you only needed half a one.
• Rochester, New York
I hate taking prescription meds because I don't want to get addicted to them. I hope your pain is gone.
I totally understand. One of my doctors told me once if I wasn't addicted to anything now, I never would be. I don't need more challenges in life, so I make sure I never take all I'm prescribed.
• Rochester, New York
@AmbiePam I usually have a hand full of pills left over.
@LoriAMoore (9987)
I've never taken pain pills. They give them to me sometimes after surgeries but I don't take them. I think I'd be silly or loopy or something.
That does happen sometimes.
@Ganma7 (2041)
18h
Good for you. That Definately is something to be happy about and proud of. Feel better!
@FayeHazel (11737)
I am so happy for you. That is an excellent and wise thing to be happy about. My dad is one of the "more is better always" types, talking with him won't help. So a few years ago he got on a ton of the prescription pain pills and it has caused him a lot of grief.
@bunnybon7 (33102)
• Holiday, Florida
it is sometimes. depending on how bad it actually continues after. I too, hate taking any meds. so I tend to only take some of what I get.