Just A Quick Note

@YrNemo (8523)
We change our internet service provider soon, and that means no internet connection for a while (they have warned us). Add to that, I am going to have visitors coming for a few days. This time of the year has always been a terribly busy time for us. Let hope the weather is nice in your city at least. Mine is gloomy, some spitting, but other than that, can't complain really. Are you having some sort of end of year family gathering or party which you must go to? I have a few to attend, not something I look forward to, but one has to do what one has to do... Take care . UPDATE: That was done (re: the changing of ISP) super quick to our surprise. I still have some issues with the new network but they are not too important. Two more urgent tasks to do before I could spend lots of time here like before...
I was surprised that it would have taken a bit of time to change the Internet ISP, we did last month and it took a few minutes. So I suppose you are back in business.
@YrNemo (8523)
It took the new provider a few hours. We kept the old connection until the new one ran smoothly, then we cancelled the old one. BAD thing is, our phone line got stuff up because of that quick cancelling. The new provider is still trying to port the old number over. (I am keen to tell them to forget it!)
@YrNemo We had the same problem with the phone, but it was fixed in 24 hours.
@YrNemo (8523)
21h
@LadyDuck such troublesome re: keeping the old number. I will let them know they could just give me a new number if they still have trouble porting over the old number.
We shall wait for your return - hopefully you get your internet running again soon when the time comes. Yah, it's a busy time of the year . . . I suspect I will eventually be here less too (or try to sneak in some time into the night!). We usually get together with my family for Christmas . . . not sure what will happen with getting together with Hubby's side this year yet, but we'll see them anyway . . . and back again with my family for New Year's Day (a Japanese thing). All the rest with anyone else is up in the air. My next door neighbor has an all female party each year to make tamales . . . they all get drunk and I really don't want to go . . . I'm hoping she doesn't invite me anymore .
@YrNemo (8523)
What is with some women who want to group together to just get drunk. Such a waste of time I think. I was invited casually by some acquaintances here but I smilingly told them I don't drink, so that was that. (They are still working on the new connection cable for the next few minutes...)
@YrNemo I don't get it either. The ladies who go next door are in their mid 40s - some are even moms to little ones - and I'm not kidding they will get plastered out of their minds. What's the appeal - I don't know - but I'm just a neighbor, not a part of their friendship group - don't want to be. My generic "excuse" is I have plans already, after all December is a busy month for everyone . Ah, so you will still be online?
@YrNemo (8523)
@much2say internet has been fine after a very short disruption (I guess so, we have hardly been home lately, December is always a busy time for most of us).
@cahaya1983 (9583)
Seems like December is a busy month for many myLotters, with the holiday preparation and whatnot. I hope you still would enjoy those gatherings you have to attend!
@YrNemo (8523)
Can't get out of those functions even if I wish to... But at least 2 have come and gone. (Time to sing, 'I will survive...' A pity, my hair is not bushy enough like the the singer who sang that song!)
@YrNemo Well if you survived those two, you'll survive the rest!
@YrNemo (8523)
21h
We don't have a lot of Christmas functions - nothing like the number we had when we were young - thank goodness!!
@YrNemo (8523)
No more singing concert and reciting poetry in the bush? I thought they would organize more during this time of the year, but then again, I forgot about your bushfire risks during this time of the year...
@YrNemo I guess there is plenty going in but we don't belong to too many groups. Bushfires don't worry us too much. I mean we don't take chances but there is little we can do about them.
@YrNemo (8523)
21h
@bluesa (12780)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry about no internet connection, but do enjoy the time with your visitors. Grey and rainy here too. Usually we'll get together with family in December, but this year I am not certain.
@YrNemo (8523)
I would rather stay home with a book or two (or three... ) but duty is duty .
@bluesa (12780)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YrNemo , I couldn't agree more, some quiet time and a good book is a treat. But yes, I understand duty, good luck
@averygirl72 (13952)
Nice to have new ISP. You are quite busy. I won't be attending parties for Christmas as I just stay at home. Just simple family get togethers
@YrNemo (8523)
I have too many things to do here. Bills to pay, functions and meetings to go to, I am just so tired.
Enjoy your visitors and we will be here when you find the time. Except for me. lol. Soooo busy, but I will pop on and off.
@YrNemo (8523)
The visitors left, saying that they enjoyed the 5-star hotel very much.
@Frenzys9 (115)
Hopefully they get your internet going soon.
@YrNemo (8523)
It has been good until about midnight every night.
Come back sooooon!! Working out what to do at Christmas is always a palaver, and undoubtedly somebody always gets upset about plans. Usually my MiL.
@YrNemo (8523)
Plans are good in general, but sometimes being involved in them when we are not really keen, can be a nightmare. (I am fighting with info re: insurance, mobile phone plans, etc right now... I have to make decisions fast within the next 2 weeks!)
• Portland, Connecticut
We have two Christmas parties with our immediate family, those I love.
@YrNemo (8523)
Two had come and gone, a bunch more for me to worry about! Oh well, at least I could look towards the Xmas and New Year break...
Family always comes to my house, which does mean I do not have to travel anywhere. It is cold and windy here. Wishing you a great month of December!!
@YrNemo (8523)
I do hope so too (re: having a good December). Time is flying at this time of the year...