Do You Like Songs From The Early Beatles?

In My Life is a song by The Beatles from 1965. I love the harmonies in the music, and feel it has a sad yet yearning quality to it. I can't promise this video is actually the Beatles. There are so many bands that sound just like them, and put out video's to trick everyone. It's impossible to find all their songs on YouTube. Only a very few found on VEVO (YouTube) are absolutely verified as their original music. Michael Jackson's estate and Sony own the rights to their songs, and they are stingy about sharing. Paul McCarthy wants the rights back, and hopefully he will get them. Do you like early their early music? The picture is free to use from Wikimedia commons, and shows their first trip to the US.
"In My Life" is a song by The Beatles written by John Lennon credited to Lennon/McCartney. The song originated with Lennon, and while McCartney contributed t...
I have never been big on the Beatles.
Or Rush
@JolietJake Or Elton John.
I agree with Elton John, but come on, it's The Beatles.
@FourWalls (9895)
I did a countdown of my ten favorite Beatles songs (and ten favorite solo Beatle songs), so yes, I do like them. I don't think they hung the moon the way a lot of people do, but I consider them "universal" in that there's something in there for everyone. Even noted anti-rock and roll protestor Frank Sinatra called "Something" "the greatest love song ever written."
I definitely think he had a little love for rock because he did a Christmas duo with David Bowie. Oh wait, that was Bing Crosby.
Um, MJ's estate was bought out last year. "After announcing their intention to trigger their purchase option of Jackson's stake in the company, Sony officially agreed to buy out the Jackson estate's full 50 percent of Sony/ATV for $750 million, making Sony the sole owner of the Lennon-McCartney catalog as well as Sony/ATV's 750,000 songs." I'd say that likely is the real thing in the video, I played it back-to-back with my album and everything (even the stereo tracking) is exactly the same. I have several of their albums.
Paul McCartney's lawsuit this week is the latest twist in the long and winding ownership tale of the Beatles' catalog.
I thought it sounded like them, but I couldn't be sure. Thanks for verifying it for me. I didn't know that Sony bought out Jackson's estate. Thanks for the link. I always wondered how this happened, and it's so unfair that people took advantage over McCarthy and Lennon. Even before it was sold, they had such small percentages. Those with more power could get away with a lot more during this time.
If I have to listen to them I prefer the early pop hits.
I don't listen to them that much, so I'm always surprised how much I love their music, no matter what year.
@misunderstood_zombie - I do like "Tomorrow Never Knows" best, though.
I liked all of the songs that the Beatles sang they were good singers.
I'm always surprised how much I like their music, it's like there should be one bad song in there.
@Deepizzaguy (7580)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I was around two years of age when the Beatles came to America in 1964. Yes I am huge Beatles fan of their early recording from "Meet The Beatles" and some of their early material which is fantastic to this day.
It's a great that they are still so beloved.
@rina110383 (23048)
Yes, heard their 60's songs and I like it.
What's not to like? They're the reason I got into Rock n Roll in the first place. Boy, MJ sure was into a lot of things, he had good taste when you think about it.
It would have been really nice if he could have sold it back to Paul and John, but he probably loved having it, I mean who wouldn't?
Why in the world does Michael Jackson's estate and Sony have the rights? I can understand why Paul McCartney would want them back!
If you look at the comment by @JolietJake, he posted a link that tells the story how this happened. Very interesting.
@misunderstood_zombie thanks I'll check it out.
• Portland, Connecticut
I loved the early Beatles much better than the later Beatles but I was the perfect age to love them.
They were so talented.
I like all their music but I hadn't heard this song before. Thanks for the link.
This is quite early, isn't it?
Yes big Beatles fan here.
I really like them also.
I know I enjoyed a few of them as a young child.
That's funny, because I didn't like them until I was older. So, we were opposites.
@nela13 (618)
• Portugal
I like their songs but I can't say I am a big fan. I wasn't born when they were on top.
I wonder if they would have stayed together if Ono hadn't come into the picture. Just think of all the future songs we never heard.
The Beatles were very popular in their time.
They still are in many ways. There was a movie about ten years ago that really brought a new love for them from teenagers, called Across the Universe. My daughter was in high school and she loved it.
@misunderstood_zombie I do not recall hearing about it. We get news outside of Israel too. Maybe it was mentioned and I just did not pay any attention to it. They were a big hit and can see why today people still talk about them.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Personally for me, since I was born in the 60s, I loved the Beetles. One of my favorites will always be Barbara Ann, and my Mom says I used to go around the house with my doll named Barbara Ann and sing that song all the time.
You've confused the Beach Boys with the Beatles. Barbara Ann was the Beach Boys.
@KrauseHome (33368)
@JolietJake Oops ... Thanks for the clarification
@hereandthere (24042)
i like bette midler's version
" In My Life " LIVE at the "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" 1991! LIKE our page: http://www.facebook.com/BetteMidlerFansite
Not bad at all, but it's the Beatles for me.