Ten Favorite Pop Songs: The Great Pretender (#2)

@FourWalls (10072)
There are good songs, great songs, and memorable songs. They're in all genres of music. I'm looking at my favorite pop standards, most of which were hits before I was born. Today's song is one I'd put in my top five favorite songs EVER. Here it is. #2: The Great Pretender - Platters This is another one of those albums (Encore of Golden Hits) that my "nothing but country music in this house" dad had in the record collection. And man, oh man, did I fall in love with this song. If you tell me I can only take 100 songs to a deserted island, I'm packing this one. If you tell me I can only take ten, I'm packing this one. There is an incredible magic to the vocals in this song that has held me spellbound for my entire life. I guess the Platters had the magic touch. Yes, I like that one, too (I have three Platters songs on my 100 favorites list)...but nothing like this one. The Great Pretender Written by Buck Ram Recorded by the Platters Released as a single, 1955 Pretending that you're still around:
Oh thank you. The moment I saw the title the song began playing in my head on a loop.
Me too
Such a classic. And you gotta love a guy named Buck Ram!
What a great choice! I remember this well.
I loved (and love) this song. Along all of the great music from The Platters.
@dgobucks226 (6825)
A classic enough said...although I will add their re-recorded version of "Only You" was another masterpiece
• Pleasant Hill, California
Good one.
@josie_ (5176)
Nice and easy listening. One of my mood music when I am spending time alone. One cover version I find entertaining and amusing is by Freddie Mercury
Click here to subscribe - http://smarturl.it/sub2FreddieMercuryYT Click here to buy Freddie Mercury – Messenger Of The Gods – The Singles: https://MessengerO...