Found a Wallet

Coral and I went to Walmart earlier, and as we were leaving, she told me to stop the car and jumped out. When she came back, there was a wallet in her hand. It was a man's wallet that someone lost. We opened it up and there was a couple of hundred dollars in twenties inside, including credit cards and ID. She gave it to a manager, and I hope he comes back for it. Has this ever happened to you.
I hope the manager is a honest person.
@nanette64 (13730)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, me too @Kandae11 ; although I think I would have taken it to the closest police station instead.
@Kandae11 That was a concern for us too, but we've seen her there for many years, so all we can do is hope for the best.
@nanette64 We thought about doing that, but decided he would go to Walmart and not call the police station. It was a nerve wrecking decision.
This man is lucky, many would have removed the money and gave an empty wallet to the manager.
I think so too, people can be so heartless.
@misunderstood_zombie I know, many would have kept the money and throw the wallet.
Someone will be worried and upset when he finds it missing. I hope he gets reunited with it.
My daughter thought he might have just cashed a paycheck or used the ATM. I hope he gets it back also.
Yes and I always turned it in.
I believe you would also. Even if I wasn't an honest person, I wouldn't want the bad karma coming my way.
@yanzalong (8748)
It has never happened to me. There should be a phone number in it; you could have phoned him/her instead of giving it to the manager.
I didn't go through it, we just glanced inside. But I don't think people here leave their phone numbers in their wallets. It would have been nice though.
@prashu228 (22864)
Ohh that's nice you handed it to the manager
@CoralLevang (40726)
As I was scrolling down I saw my name that you and I went to Walmart together! I had to do a double-take! I went to Walmart with my friend Judi.
How funny. The Coral in my story is my daughter. This would have been really strange if my name was Judy.
@CoralLevang (40726)
@misunderstood_zombie I I didn't know you had a daughter named Coral! What is her middle name? And how old is she?
@CoralLevang Lauren is her middle name. I thought that could be her last name if she became famous. She has a 14 year old daughter.
My mom and I have found a fenale wallet in KMART before but no money or cards in it. Thankfully. Would feel bad if someone lost that as not everyone will return to store in case they come back for it
It's scary to think of losing my wallet and no one returning it. I'm glad the wallet you found was empty.
@misunderstood_zombie same. I dont carry wallets and purses thankfully so dont have to worry about it
@Courtlynn Smart idea! I wish I could go without.
Yes and I mailed it to the address in the wallet. I found a handbag and gave it to a cop.
We thought about mailing it, but I was afraid the man might have moved. I've gone a year before without changing my address after a move.
@Scrapper88 (1215)
I found a wallet in a gas station parking lot. I took it into the gas station and left it with a cashier. I think it had around forty dollars and a few credit cards in it.
Good for you, it feels good to do the right thing, doesn't it?
@sjvg1976 (14592)
Honest people are rare in this world. I have never found anything back of lost. He was the lucky person that you found the wallet.
@tom_view (2670)
• Kolkata, India
my mother once found a Mobile and she after much effort returned it to its real owner.
Good for her, and I'm sure they appreciated it.
@tom_view (2670)
• Kolkata, India
I'm glad you found it and turned it in. I hope he comes back for it and sees the surprise that he has all his credit cards, ID and money. Not many people are that honest. Kudos to both of you.
Thank you, I know this is what God would want us to do, and I feel also that what goes around comes around. Right?
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes, it has but I would have taken it home and contacted the man myself. Or given it to the local police, I don't necessarily trust store employees to be honest.
We brainstormed and decided this was the place he would come to look for it. It was an anxious few moments.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Hopefully who you turned this into, will be Honest and see if the person who lost it ever comes and claims it, or tries to contact them somehow. I have found wallets and envelopes before with no information in them so no one could ever prove it was theirs. Makes you wonder especially on days you know someone might have just gotten paid.
Coral thought he might have just cashed his check or taken money from the ATM. It's scary to think if he had to pay bills or rent, and couldn't.
I have only ever found a few IDs which I have mailed back to people in the past. Getting a new ID is a pain in the butt. Good for you for doing the right thing :-)
Thank you, and your right, what a hassle to renew those things.
@LoriAMoore (9976)
Yes and I always give it to lost and found or a manager, but my brother always keeps it and tries to track down the owner to return it himself. I say give it to management/lost and found in case person comes back for it.
I also would rather give it to a manager, mainly because I wouldn't want to be responsible for giving it to the wrong person.
@lady1993 (15570)
that is nice of you to really go out of your way to pick up a wallet i never experienced that though
Thank you, my daughter is really the hero, I just happen to be there.
Never found a wallet with money in it. They are always empty. But I often find money in bar parking lots.
I try to avoid taking things that are mine, but money just laying on the ground would be a big temptation for me.
@Madshadi (4684)
• Brussels, Belgium
Yes and the lady I returned the wallet to insisted to give me 10€ as a reward. Her wallet was full of money (I didn’t count) and she was so grateful. And so was my boss.
That was nice of her, and really only fair.