Should we still allow the Death Penalty?

@shivamani10 (10645)
Hyderabad, India
Death penalty for a crime? There has been many discussions and debates both in the press and Parliament against the implementation or not of the Death Penalty for Crimes committed. People say it is inhuman and very harsh. It does not deter the criminals and not a solution to reducing the crime rate. It is very expensive and involves a lot of expenditure in fighting the case legally. Sometimes, the innocents are punished as the judges also are human beings and err in finding the truth. Do you think, that it should be abolished friends?
@josie_ (5095)
I would prefer we abolish war. We punish individuals for crimes they have committed base on laws promulgated by the gov't. Yet war is gov't sanctioned murder. Who will punish the gov't?
@shivamani10 (10645)
• Hyderabad, India
Ah..ah..ah.your comment is nice. It is something like do war without killing anybody.....aha..ah..ah..
@josie_ (5095)
@shivamani10 _Like a game of Crickets between India and China to settle border disputes. I imagine India will have the advantage?
@shivamani10 (10645)
• Hyderabad, India
@josie_ If it is really a game of Cricket you are correct. But, the situation will be different in the case of both countries in respect of the border issue.
I think you should talk to your representatives about this situation.
@shivamani10 (10645)
• Hyderabad, India
Oh..my representatives? will u be more clear on this?
@ms1864 (7002)
• Bangalore, India
I think the best alternative is life impressment without the option of ever being allowed to get out. No Perrol or something they call it. That way the criminal has to suffer all their life.
@kiran8 (15208)
• Mangalore, India
Honestly I cannot make my mind because some of the terrorists need just that. On the whole I am against health penalty because it has not deterred crime