“Is social media helpful in your everyday life?”

I have a confession to make. A few years back, I had joined myLot. It was my first time to take writing seriously. I was also active in social media such as FB, Friendster, WeChat and the like. But then, change of heart happened when I had seen the difference of myLot compared to these available social media. Now, I turned myself so into myLot in my daily life. I can share or learn from myLotters. It is totally different if we are in the real world. I am very much comfortable sharing my deep secrets here than talking it out to some people close to my heart. How about you, guys? What do you feel being in myLot? Did it change your life? Image Credit: pixabay.com
• Portland, Connecticut
I would not say it changed my life but certainly, I have met some amazing people here.
It is priceless to create virtual friends here in myLot. It wasn't because we earn something but to continue being alive while interacting with the members.
@Ganma7 (2073)
My thoughts as well
@ms1864 (7001)
• Bangalore, India
when i joined mylot it was quite addicting for like 5 months...then since the beginning of this year my interest started to fade ...this year i have scarcely been here, Many of the discussions don't pull my interest anymore. So thats a bummer....and it hasn't exactly changed my life or anything, But I will say its one of the nicest communities i have found online.
I had some episodes of not active here. But then, I still come back for such a reason, too. I tried to be open for some discussions and managed to interact as actively as possible.
@mandala100 (25344)
Shavkat Yes to a certain extent my friend: for information and communication purposes.
I do think it is essential to absorb all these information.
I don't think it has changed my life but I do like interacting here. I have learnt a lot of things here and in general the people have been really kind.
It made my life complete being here. In the real world, I don't usually keep in touch with my friends on FB. I must say that I am trying to build a good foundation of friendship here.
@Shavkat I don't go on FB at all but Vince is in several groups.
@JudyEv I do manage a group on Fb but I just whatever that feels essential for the members.
@kiran8 (15248)
• Mangalore, India
Social media , even FB has it's uses. I got connected to many of my old forgotten friends through Facebook. Mylot is totally different since it is interaction at a different level with members , many of whom.you meet for the first time and get to know over a period of time through discussions and their own views
I do think that FB is also the best platform to be connected with old or new friends. At some point, the interaction with them wasn't that fruitful one. You had pointed out that members can be known while reading their compositions and discussions here.
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
Ever since I love to write though I am not that good at writing. When a friend introduced me to B before, I love it there because people are kind though some are not, and I seldom go to FB. Then here comes Mylot, I feel very comfortable here, And I unlike B here in Mylot I don't hesitate to post or to comment because people accept who you are. I seldom go to FB just to check my news feeds.
I also lost interest being active on Fb since I started to do mylotting here. I kinda like it and enhances the shortcomings in writings. The mere fact, I considered myLot as my personal journal and no one can even know what's I am writing and sharing here.lol
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat I only check my news feeds there and go back here and stay the whole time.
@JustBhem I also do the same thing. I don't spend a lot of time on Fb.
I use FB to keep in touch with distant family, but it's nothing like myLot. I share my happiness and my sadness here. I can say that myLot helps me a lot to go through daily problems.
I am so grateful that I found mylot. Before, I was struggling where to download all my troubled souls of something. I can't open up that easily in the real world. It is so frustrating. In mylot, I can be whatever I wanted to be.
@Shavkat It's the same for me. People in the real world do not even know that I write here, so I feel free to write what I like.
@LadyDuck I must admit that I didn't share this site in my real world. I did at first but they just ignore me. Thus, I just take it as my own and never wanted to share it again. What's the use, right?
Yes, really does. Where I can communicate easily with my loved ones abroad. I love being here in mylot, too.
I do agree it is the best medium to be in touch with people across the country. I also like dwelling here in myLot and some way, I had created my own world here.
@Shavkat that's so true.
@eliza_godinez12 In short, we had created our own world here.
@ridingbet (37945)
i saw your latest post on FB in my phone. i consider this site and FB my most attended media site. but as regards making money, myLot is the best
@ridingbet (37945)
@Shavkat that is why you are active once again here, right? well, that is better than thinking negatively about your evil relatives
@ridingbet myLot serves as my refuge with my personal problems especially dealing with my evil relatives. I am more entertained and can divert my attention instead of thinking about them.
@ridingbet (37945)
@Shavkat right on that. this site is also my R&R, because i get to interact with others.
• Spain
I am new here, but I had the same experience on Ciao, and I hope I will here too!
Nice to hear that, my friend. I hope you will enjoy mylotting. I am not sure about Ciao. Can you tell me about it? Thanks
• Spain
@Shavkat It was ( or still is at the moment) a site for reviewing products and places. Until a few days ago, they paid money for quality reviews, but the payments have stopped now. It was a good site, because the better quality the writing the more you were likely to get paid, so it made you strive for better, but the best thing was the community feel and all the great friends I made there.
@bettyboo47 I do think that it is nice to build a good relationship with the site's members. I am sure you love it here, too.
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
Well to me social media helps me a lot. .. At least I get to learn new things every time especially in mylot
I do agree with you. We can share or learn in myLot.
@EddieHands (33086)
I did meet some nice and cool people there. But for the most part, its a waste of time and not really a place to make big money, unless I am selling on there
I am also on the practical side, I can use Fb for selling some items, but I don't do this. Thus, I would rather be here in mylot.
@prashu228 (22641)
Yes of course mylot is helpful definitely. I came to know about a lot of things through mylot. I am not into Facebook anymore
I am going to support you with that claim. I don't feel entertained in surfing the Fb, either.
@lady1993 (15601)
I do not really share much in facebook, i share my problems here sometimes and it is quite a relief that people really take the time to read my rants/situation and give good advice
Mylot is my place to rant things up of something. On Fb, I cannot do this.
@yanzalong (8853)
Not really my friend. Sometimes it confuses me. Lol.
I think it is confusing especially if there are some fake news circulating in the social media.
@Madshadi (4856)
• Brussels, Belgium
It’s easier to open up to random people online than people you know.
I totally agree with you. It is much frustrating if we share some things that bother us and we can't even phantom their advice.
@sjvg1976 (14615)
I am on FB and its a good way to connect with the people whom you know or not. Mylot is not different than FB as here we discuss on the topics unlike other social sites. No it has not changed my life I just feel good to know about people of different country and community through it.
In a certain level, they both FB and myLot are alike. Regardless, the only difference is that we had made virtual friends here. In addition, we can have some pennies while being active on this site.
@AkoPinay (10827)
Yes they help me keep busy eveyday. But I don't think myLot or any others changed my life.
It is nice to be productive here. As for me, it had changed something in terms of personal level.
I think the social media helps me to feel relaxed. It is a kind of my entertainment. But usually I am just active in Weibo. I will use Wechat to contact with my friends and it just works like a chatting software for me. I am not active in Facebook, Friendster and so on.
WeChat is common in your country and added up Sina Weibo. There is nothing much to write on FB if knowing something but to be connected with close friends, family or relatives.
@averygirl72 (14065)
Like what a member said here she can hide here in mylot. I don't have a Facebook account so people cannot trace me or stalk my account. Even if I don't have Facebook I'm still active in social media like mylot. I find a place to hang out and share my mind to other people and get to know interesting things
I must admit. It is also my hiding place. None of the people who knows me that I am actively working in myLot. I tried to introduce this site but to no avail. Thus, I just keep it for myself and it also serves as my refuge.