A Hot Summer Ahead in New Zealand

Pixabay image
By Val
@valmnz (13137)
New Zealand
Summer is only a few days old here in New Zealand and already it's a hot one. Many places have water restrictions and flower gardens are suffering. Already I'm struggling to go walking at a time that suits me. The only time cool enough is early morning or later at night. So, the obvious solution is to start swimming in the outdoor 50m pool again. I didn't do a lot of swimming in the indoor 25m indoor pool over the winter, so I'm going to need to develop strength and fitness again. But I'm all ready. It may not be tomorrow as I have several things happening, but with my swimming bag sitting there staring at me I feel the call of the pool. I'll let you know when it happens.
It's hard to imagine a hot Christmas. Is New Zealand as hot as Australia? I have been to Australia and New Zealand, but I don't remember.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
Depends on which part of each country. Not as hot as in Queensland and Northern Territories. Where I live is not usually as hot as this - hence my moaning
@dpk262006 (54655)
It is winter here in New Delhi.
@sjvg1976 (14527)
I always thought there is no summer in your country but you changed my thinking.
I love to swim. Now that I'm in Florida I go three times a week in the pool. I just body surf in the ocean. Swimming is one of the very best exercises you can do. Enjoy!
I almost forget that it is time for New Zealand to have summer soon. As many countries are in winter now
The weather here is just perfect - just chilly. Just wanted to know if you suffer from cramps.
Just came out of a blistering hot one in the Caribbean - now I am enjoying the cooler weather.
I love swimming. I'm in the pool almost daily. I hope you get back to it soon. Your gym bag is a great motivator in that direction.
@peachpurple (10922)
go for a swim, sweat off and you will feel energized
The hot weather hasn't really hit us yet but I guess it's not far away.
Winter has not yet started here, it starts the day of winter solstice, the 21st of December, but we are already below zero Celsius. We had an early summer, very hot in June, but less hot during July and August.
I think it is fun to plunge in the swimming pool in a hot summer season. I hope you will enjoy the activity.