Abstract Art

@millie02 (5933)
United Kingdom
I went to an art auction yesterday and I was amazed by the different sorts of artwork that can be found. Most of the paintings were of lovely country scenes with cottages, fields and animals, but one of the paintings was horrible. This painting looked like it had been created by a child with streaks of colour and random letters all over the canvas. I was not surprised when it did not sell.
If I have a lot of money, I wanted to collect this kind of paintings.
@millie02 (5933)
I would rather collect more traditional artwork, like landscapes.
@millie02 I wanted also to collect souvenirs from different countries.
@millie02 (5933)
@Shavkat You would have to do a lot of travelling if you brought the items yourself.
Amazing what is called art sometimes.
@millie02 (5933)
It is surprising what sort of thing people will buy.
@alberello75 (13249)
• Genova, Italy
Seeing this painting at first glance (excuse me if I say it), it seemed to me drawn with a computer! However, I like this kind of contemporary art.
@millie02 (5933)
You have caught me out, this was not the artwork featured in the discussion. This was one that I did myself on my laptop.
@alberello75 (13249)
• Genova, Italy
@millie02 I didn't know. Immediately it seems to me a digital picture. But after I supposed it wasn't
@millie02 (5933)
@alberello75 You were right to begin with. But it does look like a bit of abstract art.
@cahaya1983 (9618)
I can't see anything special in that either, but maybe I'm just not that good at appreciating abstract art.
@millie02 (5933)
I suppose you have to understand these things.
I never can understand the abstract arts. It is amazing some of them can be quite expensive as I think anybody can draw the same
@millie02 (5933)
I had an abstract painting once that looked like somebody had splashed paint all over the canvas.
It is amazing at what some call art. Oh well, someone will like what looks like a bit of a mess to us.
@millie02 (5933)
I suppose we all look at things differently.
• Derby, England
That made me laugh!! I think a lot of Picasso's look like a child's artwork too and few others that people pay silly money for. We went to a gallery showing the finalists for the Turner prize and one exhibit was described in a lengthy paragraph s we looked everywhere for this yellow piece of art and it turned out to be the yellow wall we were standing next to!!
@millie02 (5933)
I have seen paintings like that. Some seem to be a block of one colour only.