Politeness is over-rated

By JJ
I saw a brand new user make their first post. It was in Portuguese. So I commented (in Portuguese) myLot was a forum for English language only, and sent them a PM (in Portuguese) saying myLot is for English only, other languages are not allowed. They deleted my comment. Their response to my PM? 'Vai te foder em mil lĂ­nguas' Translated, it is 'F*ck you in a thousand languages' I thought that was neat...I haven't been laid in forever, and they want to do it a thousand ways. I wasn't real mean back though, just told them they were a damned fool. In English.
@FourWalls (10070)
A thousand languages, huh? Wow, that would certainly bring the country music fan out in you....
Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises I Love You a Thousand Ways · Lefty Frizzell I Love You a Thousand Ways ? 2010 Classic Records Released on: 201...
@BarBaraPrz (17573)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Your link wouldn't work for me. I'm more familiar with Lefty's cowboy jazz and western swing.
They are quick to learn that they can't post in another language when the discussions are deleted or they are banned. Nice though that they offered you a quick fix in a thousand ways.
Usually I have to work at getting under someone's skin before that offer is made.
• Marion, Kansas
@JolietJake Seems they are kinda touchy today.
@JolietJak ghyst sithey do niot come looking for JJ
Unbelievable behavior on their part. Truth be told, now I've been living in Portugal for over a year now, and it's a bit rare to find good English-speaking locals. But most seem to be polite in the city I am now. You did your best JJ. Oh and thanks for this. Not only I had a good laugh, now I will know when someone will insult me around here.
Wait a minute!!! You mean I was insulted?? I thought I was being propositioned.
@JolietJake Glad you see things positive.
@owlwings (38185)
• Cambridge, England
Something tells me that a certain person won't be here for long!
You tried...they won't be here long!!
Too bad they are in Brazil, it could have been interesting
@JolietJake could have been...
@dodoazo (11311)
This is what being talked about in other similar forum site. myLot is is joined by newbies who are spammers, who are business opportunitists, among other, I even added that some of them are braggarts. They praised to so much that myLot is the best community of friends and writers, but in the long run, they burst like bubbles in the thin air.
There are lots of good people that join and just don't quite understand the place at first, but yeah, many of the type you describe as well.
What fun you had with this one!
@topffer (30707)
• France
Rich vocabulary, and an interesting invitation to send to a polyglot. Even more vulgar in Portuguese than in English, as he used the familiar form. Like the Spanish proverb says : "Cria cuervos y te sacaran los ojos", Breed crows and they will pull out your eyes.
I am quite careful in participating in forums especially in using a particular language. If ever, I need to put the description in the English language.
I'm not sure why that person chose to get that attitude, but it happens. Usually users that start using a different language appreciate being pointed to the fact it is English only here, with the exception being you can use a foreign language if you are asking how to translate a word or phrase..
@JolietJake I agree that we need to translate into the English language if using a foreign language.
@peachpurple (10708)
That is so mean of them ! you should report them to the admin
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
LOL Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, English? I think the message was pretty clear, without saying a single word! That's called a 'Universal-language,'that anybody can interpret, loud and clear
• Derby, England
I thought was not allowed on this site ... did you report them?
Unfortunately, PM messages aren't filtered/censored. Any language in them is technically permitted. But yes, they have been reported.
@BarBaraPrz (17573)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake So if I post Pocaluj mnie w dupe and you translated it, you would report me?
@BarBaraPrz (17573)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake So you did translate it.
some people...
@ridingbet (38061)
that is bad... really bad...
@fly802 (1246)
Don`t be hurt. You have tried your best.
@tzwrites (3821)
It was probably poorly translated but as far as insults go, it's not too bad.
The nerve of that person to say that. He was just being taught the proper way yet he told you that!
Oh my goodness. Wow!
@SAM774 (2224)
That's rude.... You were just helping them....
@vandana7 (57518)
What makes people so nasty is something that I don't understand. If somebody is telling anything to us in a nasty way, it is perhaps natural to react like that. But if a person is not taking that kind of stand, why lose a chance to have a good friend? I guess I belong to a different generation. Sorry that you got such a reply for being helpful.