Americans got the president they deserved.

Northampton, England
A ‘Trump’ in England is a word for a very bad smell from your bottom. It’s hard to disagree to describe the US President, seemingly a dangerous and reckless man. But I have been watching a brilliant 4 part documentary in England on ‘The Don’ and he is certainly a fascinating character. The younger Trump was very appealing to America, handsome, rich, and calm and the king of the American Dream, the high stakes player who maximized his return through whatever method he liked. He has certainly changed politics for ever. But not for the better. He modelled his election run on WWF wrestler Jessie Venture, who ran for office in Minnesota in 1999; basically ranting what the people wanted to hear and so you validate that little voice in their heads that really should stay there. Most white people agree with Trump if they were honest but another little voice called decency up there tells you to keep it to yourself. The Brexit vote in the U.K., and the U.S Presidential vote, were the most honest for a long time as people got to genuinely vote for what they believed in. If you tell the good old boys in Alabama that it’s OK to hate blacks and Muslims they say, yes, we already do, here’s my vote. To be fair Obama mobilized a similar uncompromising vote on race as 95% of Black Americans voted for Barak in 2008. Only 44% of Latinos did. Are Latino’s racist to black Americans? Everybody is racist in some way. Trump, somewhat surprisingly, held on to the Republican female vote, even after the law suits and those tapes. But I think women are honest when they vote and know full well Trumps taped comments refer to attractive women throwing themselves at money and power, rather than Trump launching himself at them with his hands on their boobs. He is simply too powerful for that. Les face it; Ivana and Ivanka were not with him for his personality. Attractive women will compromise to get what they think their looks are worth, as will rich men, their wealth and status. You rarely see a 65-year-woman with a handsome young rich guy but you do see a lot of young beautiful blondes with rich older men. One comment that alarmed me was when Trump told friends that he dumped his first wife Ivanka because ‘he didn’t like sleeping with women who have had kids’ – his kids! It was almost like his wife had become his mother. Ivanka, of course, was dumped because she got better press than him and egomaniacs hate that. Ivana is just Ivanka, but younger and more passive, a sex doll with a handbag. Some say Trump is a cold psychopath and cares for no one, why he says and does the things he does. He quickly shafted the poor that voted for him with pro rich policies. Obama humiliating him over the birth certificate thing at the annual White House Press Writer’s dinner was certainly what spurned him on to run in 2016, and destroying all of Obama legislation as president, his childish revenge. I don’t think he hates black Americans and Muslims but simply doesn’t like the fact they are not as economically successful as white Americans. At the end of the day he is that ‘hire and fire em’ guy on The Apprentice and that’s what America voted for and that’s what he is doing right now. You got the president you deserved.
I'm gonna disagree, since the majority of the public vote was for Hillary.
@PainsOnSlate (19253)
You are the first person I've heard say he ran because of Obama embarrassing him, and I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately we can't blame Obama; we can blame the mindless voters that helped him and Russia too. Seeing him erase Obama from history is disturbing, that and every thing he says and does. The man is not normal, the man is not well and I'm guessing, hoping he is removed soon. He certainly is making a mess of the USA. I am grateful that my husband's job made us move to Canada because Canada is a kinder place to live.
• Northampton, England
Democrats need big win in the mid terms and then impeach the narcissist
@thedevilinme I can only hope...
You're lumping a LOT of Americans in the same pot. I, for one, didn't vote for "The Donald" nor did I opt for Hillary. I didn't feel either were suitable for running the country. As for "The Donald" being attractive physically and with or without money I have one thing to say about that..."The Donald" is as attractive to me as a fresh blob of dog poop on the bottom of my tennis shoes is on the first day I wore them outside! He is an ugly, big mouthed, self absorbed, egotistical, opinionated, useless, hunk of dog excrement taking up valuable living space and resources that other people could use.
• Northampton, England
Attractive in the 1980s, when he built his legacy
@thedevilinme To me, not even then! It takes a LOT more than what "the Donald" has now or back in the '80's to impress me. Honestly, Phillip, that hunk of dog excrement will never have what it takes to even rate a micron of respect from me.
Americans deserve better than Trump. And as JJ said, most of us voted for Clinton. Also, his first wife’s name is IVANA not Ivanka. Ivanka is his daughter.
• Northampton, England
It dont matter to The Don
@pgntwo (21767)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
A trump is also common in card games, any card of the current trump suit, and one which can beat any card of the other 3 suits.
• Derby, England
I don't think either were the most honest votes. Brexit voters were fed a load of lies and many were voting against immigration .. which they also didn't fully comprehend. Also the remainers were too complacent and thought they didn't need to fight their cause. As for Trump he said what lot of people wanted to hear but also many didn't want a woman either plus the numbers game actually made Hilary the winner but the way the electors re grouped etc made Trump the winner . I bet many of his voters are regretting their decision now!
• Northampton, England
we will find out in the mid terms
• Northampton, England
Hillary won the popular vote but she knows the rules. She took the win for granted
• Derby, England
@thedevilinme Her main problem was she was a woman!!
@ebanreb (4817)
I think Americans deserved a better President.
What a depressing topic. I would be interested in seeing this documentary. We certainly do deserve better.
@tallawah (7389)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I agree with a lot of what you have written. Save he is a racist. He does consider non-whites inferior and does demonise Muslims. Many Americans do. Years ago, long before all his 'fame' he was a loud mouthed buffoon, with very little foresight. He cares about himself alone.
• Thane, India
i am not american but its a fact that trump is one of the extreme people who takes extreme decisions.