I predict a good Wednesday for all my lotters! my wednesday with a food themed post!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I realized last night I was waking up less than an hour after waking up all night was because i was waking up light headed and remembered i had not eaten much the last week and was hungry as my tummy finally growled. I got up and ate dinner which I skipped yesterday and went to bed at 8 pm. I got to sleep in minutes. I hate eating and never feel like eating so I skipped so many meals. But decided to cook more and eat three meals a day. I was sleeping quickly and slept until 12:17 am! My regular amount of sleep! I have a bit of a busy day. I have my case manager, my beloved Susan coming over at 9 this morning for a home visit to see how I am doing. She usually stays about an hour; Then i have a couple of free hours until my peer counselor, Jamie, comes at 12:15 in the afternoon and we will cook. Thos week I think we are making "easy beef skillet burrito" which sounds yummy! In keeping with the food theme. I have signed up for many food blogs to send me recipes (for free) in my email and i have been looking online. I have so many recipes i have copied and had no organization of them. This morning I started to get out my folders and label them for various types of recipes, and put some recipes in those folders and will get all those recipes and any new ones in the appropriate folders. Have you ever gone days with barely eating to the point it makes you sick before you realized you weren't eating? Do you read food blogs? Do you like to try new recipes like me and do not make the same recipe more than once? what are you doing today? Hope all in my lot land have a super Wednesday!
No I don’t skip meals. I get too hungry for that. I do like reading some food blogs. Smitten Kitchen is a good one. I like Skinnytaste too because she has recipes for the InstantPot. I get a lot of recipes from FoodNetwork.com and Epicurious.com too.
Ever read the copycat site where they create recipes from famous restaurants? I didn't know food network had a website? i wonder if it is the same recipes in the magazine as when i was renewing my Woman's Day subscription i was offered a Food Network magazine subscription for a year for $2 so i do get that but will look at the website! I mostly stick top allrecipes.com and betty crocker when i am looking up websites. Thanks for the two sites it will look up both of them!
@Marty1 yes they have all of the recipes from the magazine as well as the ones from the current and past shows on FoodNetwork.com. I don’t like allrecipes. Too much random basic stuff on there for me
@NJChicaa I will look up your food network website. i think all recipes is like that to you because you are such a great cook! On the other hand, I am cooking basic things but plan to get better at it
Good morning.get most of my recipes on line and The Chew
I sometimes watch The Chew and usually love it when I do! Do you get it directly from the show or is there a website to the show also? What is your favorite thing to bake or type of thing to bake?
@Marty1 I get if from there.You can go online and ask for any recipe that you have seen on the show
@amadeo ooh! I didn't know that! thank you for telling me about that site!
• Portland, Connecticut
I actually write a food blog lol I do forget to eat somedays but my when my blood sugar gets low I get a headache so that usually reminds me.
Oh my, writing a food blog! I don't usually get a headache, but eventually get lightheaded after a few days as I wrote in this post. What is your favorite recipe you ever made for your food blog?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marty1 Well I just made the most delicious beef short ribs but I think my bread pudding is my favorite.
@BelleStarr sounds yummy! Are there also short pork ribs that have barbecue sauce on them? If so,m are beef ones like that? Did you add barbecue sauce to the beef ones? They sound yummy! Did you add the recipe to your food blog? I never used any type of mat beside ground beef but my peer counselor is coming Wednesday and wants me to have a chicken recipe and the ingredients, and she will teach me! I am excited about that!
Sounds like a fun day for you, making that new recipe. I don't subscribe to recipes online, but I do like to come up with my own new recipe ideas. Today, I'm not doing very much. I only have vacuuming to do as my house is clean and ready for this Saturday. I just need to keep it clean, and that will be easy. I hope you have a good day as well.
Yes, I did had a very good day yesterday! We made a quite yummy recipe! Glad you were able to get your house nice and clean and know you will have a good time on Saturday! I can't keep my house clean of clutter so, while it is clean, it looks messy. I am trying though! hope your day is super!
@Marty1 I know that feeling of clean clutter. My day is going okay. Thank you.
@just4him yes i have a problem with clutter but it is all my papers i want to keep!
@LoriAMoore (10038)
I eat very poorly, mostly junk food, not at regular times, just 2 meals each day, etc.
It sounds like i used to be when I was afraid of the stove! I still eat junk food though as i have been known to have cookies for breakfast! do you ever cook anything?
My case manager has never been in my home. it's crazy right.
Mine comes in my house all the time, She sometimes takes me places in the car and comes to my house for a home visit often
@ridingbet (38053)
my Wednesday was any ordinary day but i was into chatting something, not somebody. i still was resolving the problem with my load credits in my mobile number.
I hope today is a good day for you!
@ridingbet (38053)
@Marty1 i am sleepy, my friend while playing in my phone that is why i came here to interact.
@ridingbet I hope you get some good sleep if you are sleepy. I was sleepy also and had to go back to bed three times today as i had a big day yesterday going out!
@MarymargII (8368)
• Toronto, Ontario
I'm so glad you are eating more and taking better care of yourself. Organizing your meal for the day should be your first priority as you will sleep better and feel better~
I learned the hard way. i still have problems planning meals as well as side dishes
• Toronto, Ontario
@Marty1 I'm glad you are doing this now- you will feel and be so much better!
@MarymargII I just bought some noodles and sauces, and rice and sauces for side dishes today. i am still learning how to plan meals!
When I'm not in the mood for anything to eat but its time to eat, I will have a little dish of either yogurt or fruit salad and a piece or two of cheese. I find that will tie me over because once I start eating I usually realize that I was hungrier then I originally thought that I was. But I don't do well with skipping meals as I do what you did.
Thanks for a good idea to eat some yogurt! I bought a pile of yogurt a few weeks ago bit didn't eat very many yet. i will eat them now for sure. i am going to try and cook more than just one meal a day as I love cooking even if i don't like eating
@Marty1 I am just finishing up a little dish of yogurt with some granola in it-that's my lunch for today. Its really filling when you eat it that way.
@Juliaacv I do not know if i ever tasted granola? I had a yogurt about an hour ago and before that toast with jello and butter. I will have to try to get some granola when I send in an order online for Wal Mart this weekend! Thanks for the idea!
Oooh I love new recipes but I have a question for ya since I know from past posts and conversations that you are kind of afraid of the stove and oven, so how are you going to cook the foods the way a recipe instructs @Marty1 ?
Oh, I have gotten over my fear! Making tacos on Wednesday because i have leftover flour tortillas from The recipe called easy beef burrito skillet and only used four of them. So it is taco Wednesday in my household for this week! I baked cookies that turned out delicious for Thanksgiving and am making some for my aunt's house for Christmas Eve!
@Marty1 oooh what kind of cookies did you bake ? Glad to hear the stove nor oven is no longer intimidating for ya sweetie
@enlightenedpsych2 I took a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe i out of a cookie recipe book The recipe called for milk chocolate chips. I bought a bag of milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate chips and put all three in it I named it as it was an alteration and named it Onyx's surprise chips Onyx is my kitty cat and it is surprising because one did not know which chip they would they when biting into it \ making brownie cookies for Christmas!
@cahaya1983 (9678)
I like to read food blogs to find new recipes to try. So far every recipe I found from those blogs has turned out great.
Do you subscribe to food blogs as i do to a lot of them? i get most of my recipes from those subscriptions. I get all yummy recipes too! I also look up recipes on websites. I know i got yesterdays recipe from a website but do not remember which site. I did have the problems as my tortillas yesterday formed together and made one big layer an stuck together with the cheese yesterday, but was easily picked up in the same fork with the meat mixture
@Marty1 No I don't subscribe to any of them. I just bookmark the pages with the recipes that I want to keep on my phone browser.
@cahaya1983 I like reading what the author has to say as sometimes they give good tips for cooking the recipes! do you read the what the author has to say or do you just read rhe recipe?
@peachpurple (10708)
I find recipes on different blogs but I don't read newsletters which I find a bunch of nonsense. I just browse for the recipe I am looking for.
I usually only read the newsletter part if I am interested in the recipe from its name or want to see what is in it. Sometimes if i start reading and it is nonsense, then i just jump to the recipe. Sometimes I do find little hints about cooking the recipe i would never have known if I didn't read all the extra writing involved. do you get a lot of recipes this way?
@peachpurple (10708)
@Marty1 no, I don't join any recipe site. I just browse the blogs that I wanted to find for the recipes i am looking for. Hints and tips, I ask around at forum sites. I love joyofbaking , that is the best site for cookies, cakes and more
@peachpurple I am so new to cooking that i never know what recipe i wish to find and look for any recipe that it might be possible for me to make. Thank you for the joyofbaking site name i never heard of it but know my mom had a super cookbook called joy of cooking. It was not online because she had it before the internet was invented. i am going to look for a joy of cooking site.
@Madshadi (4883)
• Brussels, Belgium
I am planning to learn how to cook. I stay with my little one on Wednesdays and I want to know how to make her something healthy to eat
I wish you luck in the cooking adventures! You will have a great time! I am learning and having the best time at it!
@Madshadi (4883)
• Brussels, Belgium
@Marty1 thanks! I never thought I would need to learn cooking although I lived alone for years.
@Madshadi wuat do you eat? Do you have somebody cooking for you?
It sure sounds like you will have a very good time fixing all kinds of different food.
Yes, I am! I fixed a great recipe yesterday called "Easy Beef Burrito Skillet which was divine tasting and sure smelled good while cooking =)
@Marty1 I love food that smells good while cooking.
@jstory07 I love to smell things i cook, too! My peer counselor and i made a recipe called Easy beef burrito skillet on Wednesday last week, and it started to smell divine when I added the salsa, and it made me hungry again!
@UncleJoe (8602)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I certainly had a terrific run yesterday. I try new recipes now and then but I get a lot of requests for the same dishes over and over. And because I cook at home and then take it all to Becky and her mom, I often forget to eat.
That is great about your run yesterday! It rained all day yesterday here. You must make a lot of good food if you get requests. i can't get anybody to eat my cooking but me. if i cook it i will eat it a but sometimes i just don't cook despite loving to do it, If I coked more than one meal a day i would probably eat mroe often as i loe to try new food! what is your most requested meal?
@UncleJoe (8602)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Marty1 Chili, Spaghetti, Lamb, and muffins.
@UncleJoe do you ever make your own sauce for spaghetti? i want to do that eventually and make all things from scratch. What kind of muffins do you make? I am making muffins sometime soon as i bought a muffin mix a few weeks ago and want to use it. I bought a blueberry muffin mix when i bought it. I never had lamb before as my mom wasn't int cooking like that when she was alive, and i never got into eating it and have no idea what it tastes like
I should skip a few meals! Have a great day.
If i were your cook, you would skip meals with no problems! Lol! You have a great day too! Onyx is snoozing on the middle of the dining room table now!
I am glad you worked out why you're not sleeping well. I hope you'll try to eat properly in future.
Yes, i am going to try more cooking since I love to cook and it will mean more food around the house. i kind of do like to eat what i make from recipes as opposed to a sandwich unless it is grilled cheese
@rina110383 (23370)
Already resting. Just finished eating cup noodles and bread. Will sleep soon.
I am happy that you had some food! Have a very good sleep! It is just almost 8 in the morning here and just staring my day! Time zones are so interesting!
@Tina30219 (26267)
• Onaway, Michigan
No I don’t ever skip meals. Glad you finally did eat something.
It is never good to skip meals. The body and the brain need food to function properly.