All Year Long

Happy Wednesday to everyone reading! We are nearing the end of the first week of December and Christmas is drawing closer. I find that December really seems to fly by. A lot of that has to do with the fact that people are kinder then they are the rest of the year. I think that its the spirit of Christmas. People smile more, are a little more patient and forgiving and its nice. And we all go out of our way to make anyone we feel may be a Scrooge smile. Its too bad that more cannot practise this type of behaviour 365 days of the year, imagine how nice it would be all year long. ~Photo is part of my Santa collection
This time of year see a lot of road rage and people yelling at retailer workers. I wish everybody was happier. Sometimes the holidays bring out the worse in people.
Isn't that a shame. I challenge myself to leave home with a smile on my face, and I get it back as long as I wear it, and I do it all year long. But at this time of the year I get sweet comments as well. Last year, a few days before Christmas I used the self serve cashier at the Superstore, and when I went to take the bills for my change, there was a lot of bills already there. Someone must have used a $100 to buy a few things as there was almost that there in bills. I quickly picked it up and took it to the cashier. Everyone around me told me that I should have shut up and kept it. Why? Its all on camera and someone will be looking for that money, maybe it represented what they were going to spend on a gift or an essential that they needed.
@Juliaacv I would have done the same thing. Sooner or later that person would realize they forgot their money and how and relieved they would be to have it there waiting for them when they return. I have found money on the floor at stores and returned it to the service desk. I don't know if the rightful owners ever got it back but keeping it never even crossed my mind. I would hope that somebody would do the same for me.
@Happy2BeMe And if we believe in karma they would.
Good morning.Stopping by to say Hello
Good morning, I hope that its a good day for you. Today is my last working day this week as I have my surgery tomorrow. And I'm relieved that its this week, I've been holding on for a very long time not feeling well. Positive and great thoughts for the day!!
@Juliaacv I wish you the best there.
@amadeo Thank you, it has to improve my quality of life.
• Portland, Connecticut
I think Scrooge was out on the road today, no one was nicer, people were impatient and a total idiot was passing people in a crazy way to get one car length ahead. It was so not seasonal!! lol Also at a round-about I was behind a police car that was letting people go and someone behind me was beeping their horn, really it was a police car should I have told them to get out of my way? lol This the season to be mean around here lol
It would make a big difference to the atmosphere. I hear a lot of people saying they wish the joy of Christmas would last through the year. If everyone who said that, would add that joy to their day, then it would be nice every day, not just for one season of the year.
I do what I can, and its fun to see how it can spread very easily. Just in my workplace alone I have noticed a huge shift in attitudes.
@Juliaacv That's great!
Where's all the patient people? Haven't seen none. Lol. Sooo many need to be nicer year round. But dont think itll happen. We can hope though
It only takes 1 to start a movement.
@Juliaacv but many are nice already and still doesnt help
@shubhu3 (13557)
• New Delhi, India
I agree. You described it really beautifully. The picture is beautiful.
Thank you.
That is very true. Other than crazy crowds on the day after Thanksgiving everyone seems a lot nicer and generous.
That's nice I'm glad that you are experiencing the kindness that we should exhibit each and every day of the year.
I have a similar set of snatas! Yes I agree lots of people seem friendlier at Christmastime - its like we are all doing the same things - writing cards, buying presents, doing the wrapping. That's why I always prefer Christmas to birthdays.
That's an old set of Mr & Mrs, it actually belonged to my Grandma.
Darling Mr. and Mrs. Clause!!! I do wish we all would try to maintain the Christmas spirit throughout the year too.
Thanks, that Mr & Mrs belonged to my Grandma, and I was the lucky recipient of them when they went to a seniors home in their later years.
Oh look at the cutie pies on your table. I love them. I want them. Oh they are so sweet.
Thank you. This pair actually belonged to my Grandmother, they are pretty special to me because they remind me of her.
@franxav (3741)
The world will be heaven if people behaved like this all year long.
A little kindness really can go a long ways.
@lady1993 (15778)
I can feel that too. people are quite more generous during this time. maybe it is because they get Christmas bonuses too
You are so right about it being a shame that there isn't more Christmas 'spirit' throughout the year.