Do you forgive a person easily who has hurt you?

When someone hurts a person,physically or through their harsh words,some people don't react to it and forgive them.Some people do not forget and forgive such people. I don't forget it,but I don't react back and forgive easily. I fall to their sweet words. How do you handle such people, do you forgive them or react and take action immediately? Do you think they should be forgiven ?
For my own well-being, I forgive them. Holding a grudge never bodes well for a happy life.
@Scrapper88 (1226)
If the person comes to me and asks me for forgiveness; we can work something out. Until then; then how will I not know they will do it again.
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
They say forgive and forget but trust you in me it takes time to heal
@1hopefulman (20311)
I'm a forgiving person but will remember and so that way I am more cautious in the future. Some people take delight in hurting other people and I keep my distance from such people.
@FourWalls (9981)
I forgive. Holding a grudge only weighs down the person holding it. Plus, I don’t want to surrender control of my emotions to someone else.
@lady1993 (15645)
I bear strong grudges sometimes. it is hard for me to forget when someone has wronged me and how it made me fell. But i usually just forgive but i tell that person the wrong they did and if they do it again i would not be so easy to forgive
@Frenzys9 (115)
Depends on what they did. I used to hold a lot of grudges, but have gotten better the older I got.
@rina110383 (23070)
No, I don't forgive people people who have hurt me.
@dgobucks226 (6746)
It is always in my nature to forgive someone who uses harsh words or criticizes me if they apologize. If not I move on with my life. Out of sight out of mind so to speak. People make mistakes, say things they really don't mean at times, so stuff happens. You have to be the bigger person in those situations.
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
I easily forgive.. I always choose to understand a person than hating them.
If I have been forgiven for all I have done wrong in life-why wouldn't I forgive others? Am I any better than they are? Nope!
• Derby, England
It takes me a long time to get over the hurt so hard t forgive and I would never forget
• Denmark
This is too theoretical. It very much depends on the offence someone has committed.