What am I going to get for Christmas????

@bird123 (10376)
What am I going to get for Christmas seems to be the question many ask. Will it be a new computer, the latest tech gadget, a 1000 dollar iphone, or maybe a new car? Christmas is also the time people take measure of their lives. Many measure their worth by the physical things they receive or the physical possessions they have acquired in life. Since we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures, how can one measure how one defines themselves by money or a few physical items? As I see it, you can't. Is life really about physical possessions, what people have given us, or even having it made and being rich? Isn't life about sharing and expressing that which is Special about ourselves with the world? Should we not measure our lives by how we touch others rather than how others touch us? Some might say that if we receive no physical gifts from others that we have not touched anyone. This might not be true. The mistake here might be Focus. Should the focus on life be Me! Me! Me? How can one express that which is Special about themselves if it's all about Me! Me! Me? As I see it, you can't. I have seen selfish people claw claw claw trying to get get get. Further, most of the time it's about acquiring more money or possessions. They can hurt many people on their path to get. I have discovered those who give give give will usually get much more than those clawing to get. I have seen enough Christmases so what physical thing could you get me? I have seen or gotten it all so what do those physical gifts really mean? What gifts are remembered the most? Does anyone even remember the physical gifts at all? Since we are Spiritual beings in our true natures, won't the Spiritual gifts matter and hang with us the most? Let me tell you of a Spiritual gift I received. Years and years ago, a little girl was very young and very excited about Christmas. When she opened a gift, she would cry out:“Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” After opening the next gift, she would cry out: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” Seems after opening every gift, she would cry out: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” Now, every gift couldn't be just what she always wanted, however you might just be surprised how much joy that little girl generated and never realized it. Since we are all empathic, she touched everyone Spiritually in the room. Everyone could feel the joy of: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” This is a Gift I received for Christmas I will never forget and it cost the little girl nothing. Is it beyond us all to give Spiritual Gifts to others as well? I don't think so. As I see it, that's what we should make Christmas about. We can touch the lives of people around us Spiritually if we do not make it about us. Unconditional Love always does what is best for the other. Really look at those around you. What do they need to grow Spiritually? Share that which is Special about you with them. Nourish the Love and Joy you are capable of generating in them. If you do, I'm willing to bet what you receive in the end is a real life filled with joy and things you will never forget. It doesn't matter what everyone else does. It's what you choose to do that counts. As I see it. Life can be Grand if we nourish those Spiritual things first. In doing so we will never have to worry about self worth again. Like a magnet, people will flock to you to share that which is Very Special about you. AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what you think. Tell me the things about Christmas you remember the most.
@BarBaraPrz (17542)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
As I was reading your post, the front door just blew open! Was that the spirit of Christmas coming to visit? Receiving gifts always makes me feel uncomfortable... especially if the gift is something I don't want nor need but I have to show gratitude to the giver.
@bird123 (10376)
Like I said. What physical gift could anyone really get me? I do try to make the giver feel good regardless. Gift deciding is not always an easy thing to do. I really like your comment about the door blowing open and the Spirit of Christmas showing up. It paints a good picture. I would not have thought of that, Thanks!!!
@BarBaraPrz (17542)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@bird123 It was surprise for sure.
Christmas sure is a time for.some reflecting. Extra thinking and especially about others.
@bird123 (10376)
Yes, You are right. I guess we should really be thinking all the time. It's so easy to just get caught up in life and just live it drifting and feeling. On the other hand, Christmas is a good time to help others especially when we find some feeling sad. We are all so Special and have such a Great Ability to make Big differences in the lives of others. I know I can count on you touching those in your life in your Special Way.
@mandala100 (25369)
@bird123 It is better to give than to recieve so they say my friend.
@bird123 (10376)
Yes, You are Right!!
• Denmark
I know that I won't get any presents and find this ok. Like you, I'm content with what I have and don't 'need' anything.