What am I going to get for Christmas????

@bird123 (10518)
What am I going to get for Christmas seems to be the question many ask. Will it be a new computer, the latest tech gadget, a 1000 dollar iphone, or maybe a new car? Christmas is also the time people take measure of their lives. Many measure their worth by the physical things they receive or the physical possessions they have acquired in life. Since we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures, how can one measure how one defines themselves by money or a few physical items? As I see it, you can't. Is life really about physical possessions, what people have given us, or even having it made and being rich? Isn't life about sharing and expressing that which is Special about ourselves with the world? Should we not measure our lives by how we touch others rather than how others touch us? Some might say that if we receive no physical gifts from others that we have not touched anyone. This might not be true. The mistake here might be Focus. Should the focus on life be Me! Me! Me? How can one express that which is Special about themselves if it's all about Me! Me! Me? As I see it, you can't. I have seen selfish people claw claw claw trying to get get get. Further, most of the time it's about acquiring more money or possessions. They can hurt many people on their path to get. I have discovered those who give give give will usually get much more than those clawing to get. I have seen enough Christmases so what physical thing could you get me? I have seen or gotten it all so what do those physical gifts really mean? What gifts are remembered the most? Does anyone even remember the physical gifts at all? Since we are Spiritual beings in our true natures, won't the Spiritual gifts matter and hang with us the most? Let me tell you of a Spiritual gift I received. Years and years ago, a little girl was very young and very excited about Christmas. When she opened a gift, she would cry out:“Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” After opening the next gift, she would cry out: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” Seems after opening every gift, she would cry out: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” Now, every gift couldn't be just what she always wanted, however you might just be surprised how much joy that little girl generated and never realized it. Since we are all empathic, she touched everyone Spiritually in the room. Everyone could feel the joy of: “Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!” This is a Gift I received for Christmas I will never forget and it cost the little girl nothing. Is it beyond us all to give Spiritual Gifts to others as well? I don't think so. As I see it, that's what we should make Christmas about. We can touch the lives of people around us Spiritually if we do not make it about us. Unconditional Love always does what is best for the other. Really look at those around you. What do they need to grow Spiritually? Share that which is Special about you with them. Nourish the Love and Joy you are capable of generating in them. If you do, I'm willing to bet what you receive in the end is a real life filled with joy and things you will never forget. It doesn't matter what everyone else does. It's what you choose to do that counts. As I see it. Life can be Grand if we nourish those Spiritual things first. In doing so we will never have to worry about self worth again. Like a magnet, people will flock to you to share that which is Very Special about you. AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what you think. Tell me the things about Christmas you remember the most.
@BarBaraPrz (20561)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
As I was reading your post, the front door just blew open! Was that the spirit of Christmas coming to visit? Receiving gifts always makes me feel uncomfortable... especially if the gift is something I don't want nor need but I have to show gratitude to the giver.
@bird123 (10518)
Like I said. What physical gift could anyone really get me? I do try to make the giver feel good regardless. Gift deciding is not always an easy thing to do. I really like your comment about the door blowing open and the Spirit of Christmas showing up. It paints a good picture. I would not have thought of that, Thanks!!!
@BarBaraPrz (20561)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@bird123 It was surprise for sure.
Christmas sure is a time for.some reflecting. Extra thinking and especially about others.
@bird123 (10518)
Yes, You are right. I guess we should really be thinking all the time. It's so easy to just get caught up in life and just live it drifting and feeling. On the other hand, Christmas is a good time to help others especially when we find some feeling sad. We are all so Special and have such a Great Ability to make Big differences in the lives of others. I know I can count on you touching those in your life in your Special Way.
@mandala100 (48555)
@bird123 It is better to give than to recieve so they say my friend.
@bird123 (10518)
Yes, You are Right!!
• Uzbekistan
I know that I won't get any presents and find this ok. Like you, I'm content with what I have and don't 'need' anything.
@dlr297 (5418)
The reason for the season is all about the Gift that God gave the world.. Jesus Christ....Born to the world to be our Savior....To teach us about Love, and forgiveness....To take our sins, so we can have everlasting life with God in heaven......
@bird123 (10518)
Every soul is God's Gift to the world. No one is going to save you. Do you know why? You have never ever needed saving. As for everlasting life, God has fixed that at creation for we are all Eternal. We all share our lives with God regardless of any beliefs. Do not limit yourself with beliefs others convinced you of that are not true. You miss so much confined to a box.
@dlr297 (5418)
@bird123 No Gods Gift to the world is Jesus Christ.....The Savior of the world.... Giving us the only way to be forgiven for our sins.... Yes everyone is Eternal...It is just some will spend eternity with God in Heaven, and some will spend eternity in Hell with out God.....Yes God fixed that at the very beginning.....He gave each of us the very same choice...... I will stay right where i am...right on the narrow path.... Some do not share their lives with God right now. That is very evident with the way things are going in the world today......
@bird123 (10518)
@dlr297 Some do not share in your box of beliefs, however everyone is sharing with God. God does not discard His children as some people can. God is at a Higher Level than that. More is learned through mistakes and bad choices than almost anything else. Why do you think one needs to be forgiven from them? Since we are all eternal and on the path toward perfection, no one needs saving. Religion has brainwashed you, creating a need in you to need them. No one is flawed. In a multilevel classroom, everyone is at a different level of understanding. For those of us who must watch others learning lessons we have already learned, it is a reminder of what the true answers really are. There is no need to hate, blame, condemn and degrade others. Why do you do it? Your religion has placed limits and conditions on God thereby limiting your view by you blindly accepting these limits on God. God has no limits. These limits are just stories in your mind that others have convinced you are true. By blindly accepting, you are choosing to limit yourself, how sad. Is the view they paint so wonderful that you refuse to consider anything else? Perhaps, now is the time to analyze yourself and figure out why that is. You claim to see the world yet you do not even see yourself. There is much work to be done. If Truth is what you really want, you can not be lazy with this. On the other hand, if you want to live in a dream world of limits, conditions and beliefs, go no further for you are already there. You can want myself and others to live in your box, but a Hungry student of God never wants limitations. With so many wonderful things to learn and Discover, how could I be satisfied in a box, hiding with my eyes closed???????Not Going to Happen!!!
@yugocean (8799)
Christmas is what a business thing is, business time has taken over festive time and people only think if they do not give gift to others, then it wont be going to be right.
@bird123 (10518)
Christmas can be no more than one Big Sales pitch. Commercialism is alive and well. On the other hand, perhaps even with all that, Christmas pushes people to give. How many people would go their entire lives and never give anyone anything if Christmas did not exist? Still, it doesn't matter what everyone else does. It what each chooses to do that counts. Regardless, one can choose to touch others Spiritually, point them in the right direction, and make their lives better in the process. If we make it about others, all that goodness will return. We are here but to Serve. If we do, getting will never be a problem.
@yugocean (8799)
@bird123 Serving the needy is best spiritual thing, but I never find anyone actually serving the needy in Christmas, there is scam going on every where, there are reports too of scammers going door to door for money in name of charity.
@bird123 (10518)
@yugocean You are Right. One must be careful giving to charities. On the other hand there are good people doing good things out there. I know there are many many turkey and dressing meals being served for needy people at Christmas. Of course, it doesn't matter what others are doing. One can get personally involved themselves. Serving others does not have to be about money. Many need emotional support. Supplying a ray of light or encouragement can change lives. Even expressing joy around others can lead others to joy. People are empathic. One can make others feel Christmas. Our Example can be a powerful influence on others.