Movie Watch Times- watched movie "Murder on the Orient Express"

@ptrikha_2 (9631)
I recently went to watch the movie: "Murder on the Orient Express". I enjoyed the movie. Kenneth Branaugh is the producer as well as an actor in the lead role in the movie. He does try to capture the essence, but at times, he gets excess times. Johnny Depp is not so convincing and his ok in the role of Ratchett - a cunning one. Eatchable movie indeed
I have seen the previous two versions of the book and have no interest in this one.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
May be @JohnRoberts you can watch it once. Yes @catsholiday it is an enjoyable fare, especially if one likes such novels. @Corbin5 Johnny Depp does looks good in his role of a manipulative and cunning(and a criminal background) person. But yes, he does looks a bit too drunk!
• Derby, England
My sister went to see this and she really enjoyed it too
Murder on the Orient Express is a very classical story and it has many versions. I haven't watched the latest movie version yet. Is it good?
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@lady1993 yes it has some good twists and some unexpected ones. @maezee Yes I would suggest it very much, though there is a tinge of personal bias in it. @youless the latest version is good, though I read a few articles that say that a movie on the same novel, and with the same name but released in 1974 was better. Perhaps, I will get hold of a DVD and watch that one too.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@youless sure and let me know your opinion on this movie.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've only seen the "classic" version. It was good.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@TheHorse the 1974 movie?
I read that poor Johnny Depp is drunk most of the time. I bet he does struggle to pull off a good performance.
I have never seen it. Would you suggest it?
@YrNemo (14325)
I am of two minds about movies with Johnny Depp. They are often good, but I am just not sure.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@YrNemo Johnny Depp is a character artist in this movie, main lead is Kenneth Branaugh who is also the producer of the movie.
@Shiva49 (13787)
Some reviews were not positive. Hope to watch it - siva
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
Well in a critical light, there could be some flaws in characterization or acting or direction. However I was already reading the novel and had a very strong bias to watch the movie. May be you can watch once on a DVD.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
I'll include that in my list of movies to watch. The last one I watched was Geostorm, it was good.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
Thanks for responding @cahaya1983
@lady1993 (19708)
A friend of mine suggested this to me though, he said it ha some good plot twists
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@lady1993 thanks for sharing your opinion.
I saw this movie years ago - it was good. I also read the book.
@ptrikha_2 (9631)
@Kandae11 do watch the movie, at least once.
Must be a remake of the movie. I don't recall Johnny Depp being in the movie. I haven't seen it, but I know it's been around for a long time.