Well, It's Official

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbs=sur:fmc&tbm=isch&q=soup+diet&chips=q:soup+diet,g_19:heart+patient&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwg5DRjfbXAhWPw4MKHV9KCuIQ4lYIUCgA&biw=1280&bih=577&dpr=1.25#imgrc=Uypp__-5IlfmOM:&spf=1512588219094
@HazySue (17182)
I went to the doctor, once again, this morning. They needed to look at my jaw again. Yes, it is painful still. I thought for a day or so that it was getting better but, no such luck. I was told this morning that I need to be on a no chew diet for the next six months. That is easy to say. I can eat what I want, within reason, as long as I don't have to chew it. It looks like I will have to become very creative in the kitchen. Everything I eat has to be put through the blender. However, I managed to find the bright spot in all of this. I will most likely lose more weight and that I can get excited about. Hopefully things will be better six months down the road and they won't have to think about surgery anymore. How is your day going?
@dragon54u (31339)
I haven't been here in awhile, been busy, what's wrong with your jaw? I remember when I had to have my jaw surgically reset about 45 years ago before I got braces. Thank goodness for blenders!! I did lose a bunch of weight but I ate well and ironically, I was healthier during my liquid diet than before or after! I liquified pot roast with potatoes and carrots, chili, just about anything the family ate, I ate. But of course no candy or chocolate although I could eat pudding. It was just like eating really good soup! I hope you make the best of it and all goes well!
I'm sorry! I hope things are better in 6 months so you can eat normally again. =(
@HazySue (17182)
@LovingMyBabies I hope so too. They seem to think that maybe if the jaw is not used as much it might stop popping in and out of the joint.
@HazySue (17182)
@dragon54u The bone is disintegrating. The joint pops out every time I move my mouth. It is very painful. The operation they would have to do is not guaranteed to really help and would most likely end up locking my jaw. We are trying to give it a rest so that maybe it would help with the pain.
Hmmmm, maybe I should try the no chew diet ..... now I wonder what it would be like to eat, er slurp pureed salmon
@HazySue (17182)
I am going to be finding out what it wi8ll be like to try baked salmon all chopped up.
That makes me hungry @HazySue I love salmon. It's probably one of the easiest foods to eat as it doesn't require a lot of chewing. Eggs shouldn't be to bad either, right? I don't think I'll try the no chew diet though, I love my chips n dip.
@HazySue (17182)
@rebelann Eggs are definitely on my list of thing to eat, scrambled because they don't need chewing. I can eat just about anything, within reason, as long as I can just put it in my mouth and swallow.
@sallypup (21968)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I wish you happier days. Mashed potatoes? I hope you can figure something out.
@HazySue (17182)
I have my mini chopped sitting on my counter top and am using it all the time now. It is amazing the food you can turn into mush.
I am sorry to hear of this. Glad you are able to look on the bright side of things.
@HazySue (17182)
I tend to loo on the brighter side of things once I get over the shock. At first the news threw me for a loop. Now, my mind is working and I am coming up with foods and ways to help me stay on this diet.
I hope things are going well with the blender. I expect you will lose some weight in the next six months.
@HazySue (17182)
I certainly hope so.
@HazySue My son had a broken jaw a few years back and had it wired shut so all he could do was drink from a straw. He lost a lot of weight before his jaw healed sufficient for him to eat normal food again.
@HazySue (17182)
@just4him that's awful.
Hey Sue! That's really difficult and it's hard not to be able to eat food you can't chew. Hope that you'll heal soon.
@HazySue (17182)
Me too, thanks. I am finding it easier to adjust to this than I thought.
@HazySue I'm glad to hear that but I do hope that things will get to normal sooner.
Well, I guess blended foods will be better than surgery on your jaw. I hope you come up with some nice foods.
@HazySue (17182)
I have since put more thought into how to solve my food problem. I have a mini chopped that cuts my food down to the consistency I need. I have since realize that dried beans are also a good option.
@HazySue Once you get organised hopefully it won't be too onerous.
I suppose the no-chewing will allow your jaw to repair itself. Hoping the no-chewing diet does the trick.
@HazySue (17182)
I hope so. The only thing I can do is try it. Besides, I have a feeling the up side will also be weight loss.
@HazySue Yes, if weight loss is in the picture, then it does have a positive side to it.
@nomus24g (16429)
that would have been a little difficult for me here....
@HazySue (17182)
It will be difficult but I think that all I will have to do is think about the pain I have been in and I will be able to follow through.
@nomus24g (16429)
Oh wow. I couldn't do that diet. I wish you luck and hope the 6months of it fixes your problem
@HazySue (17182)
I thought that at first. I spent the first night in depression but then I realized I could use my chopped to cut the food to consistency of mashed potatoes and it still tastes the same.
@HazySue yeah no I'm a picky eater, very, so wouldnt work
@sjvg1976 (14615)
Brighter side is that may be after 6 months you may not need surgery. You need to take fluid more in your meals if you are not allowed to chew.
@HazySue (17182)
I am looking on the brighter side. I drink a lot of water.
@rina110383 (23337)
Been a busy morning and just had my lunch break. I hope there will be less tasks this afternoon.
@HazySue (17182)
Hope you have a more relaxing afternoon.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
Hopefully at the end of six months you can resume a normal diet. Chewing is such a pleasing part of the dining experience.
@HazySue (17182)
I am a chewer, I love nuts, and a whole slew of things that are crunchy. However, the pain has been so bad an the threat of a surgery that may or may not help is certainly making me lean towards the softer side of food.
• Derby, England
I hope that diet sorts the problem. II could do with a liquid diet or some kind of diet but I will start after Christmas I think!
@HazySue (17182)
For sure it is coming at a bad time. I would have liked to wait but my jaw just won't let me.