My "Spaghetti-Without-The-Noodles-Bake" ..what do you think?

Noodl(ess) Spaghetti Bake
New Baltimore, Michigan
So I just made this. Took me only 15 minutes. This is the best way to eat spaghetti without worrying about carbs too much. Just skip the noodles. But make sure you add lots of other good stuff to the ground beef (Laura's Lean Ground Beef) ..like fried green pepper, (a little) bit of sweet onion, mushrooms, and corn. And then of course you have to top it off with 5 slices of cheddar cheese. I don't like using shredded, it just comes out, well, shredded. I like to melt the entire slices right on top. Spaghetti sauce of choice: PREGO. Prego all the way. And you will only need half the can for this. I try to keep my carbs around 100 grams per day, also known as "moderate-carb eating." Eating too many carbs really, really, messes with sugar, insulin, and cortisol spikes...all unnecessary....when you can eat something like this and feel full for hours. Plus, you'll have the energy to climb a mountain. (Or in my case, do 2 sets of yoga without getting shaky.) So I'm about to dive in. Just wanted to share one of my sneaky ways to eat good food without tons of carbs.
• Denmark
I wonder why you keep the word 'spaghetti' if there are none in the dish. Why not 'ground beef sauce with cheese' or something similar?
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Hmmmmm...... I could. That's some deep thinking, and I will need some time to rename it. *OR* I'll just steal your answer. Thanks M.-L! haha
• Denmark
@Melanie_Marie You don't have to steal my answer. I'll give it to you as a Christmas present! You must admit that giving a dish the name of an ingredient it doesn't contain is bizarre, to say the least.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@MALUSE haha! But I did throw in the "without the noodles" part. And in my photo, I even used the word "noodl(ess)"....which might not even be a word at all. Thank you for the early Christmas present, my new recipe title. You smart cookie.
I do not worry about the carb anymore.Done that.Time for me to live and enjoy
• New Baltimore, Michigan
That is a VERY good way of thinking. I like your style. I don't cut carbs completely like most low-carbers do, (like the Atkins gang) - I just keep an eye on them. The body needs carbs, and even sugar...just not too much. 100 grams per day/give or take, is the perfect amount...for me anyway. Thanks Alfredo. Enjoy.
@Melanie_Marie Have a good evening there.
That looks great
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Thanks @Happy2BeMe. Heyyyyy another Canadian friend. Good. I love you guys for 3 reasons: 1.) You understand cold weather the way we do here in Michigan. 2.) Most of your hockey players are pretty darn awesome. 3.) My car is from Canada. I bought it and then they shipped it here to MI.
@Melanie_Marie Oh very nice!! Glad that us Canadians have been a big part of your life. I love my hockey and I have to agree with you on that one!!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I have everything but the sauce and I love garden veggie so I will check for a sale. I like no carbs for two months and then light carbs the following two.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@sharon6345 Good start, and good plan. No-carb to kick things into gear, and then maintenance. I'm always at maintenance (100 grams)...and it works AWESOME. Yeah, and try this recipe, you'll love it.
@Melanie_Marie I recently lost over ten pounds I love it. I will as soon as I can get sauce.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@sharon6345 Congrats on the weight loss!
@Morleyhunt (16661)
Looks good...but I tend to avoid the processed cheese slices and corn does not pass my lips...I like it...it doesn't like me.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Got it. Corn, in general, does have some trouble going thru the digestive tract. So I get where you're comin from. That's why I only use about 1/3 can of corn. Just to bulk it up a bit and add a little extra flavor. Thanks Morley! Is it cold up there in Canada? We're at about 27 degrees F with strong wind gusts to make it even worse...and temps are still dropping....tonight will be torture.
@Morleyhunt (16661)
@Melanie_Marie our temperature was about 34F with snow squalls coming off Lake Erie. The winds though we're another story gusts of almost 60 MPH. I'll be picking up a lot of twigs and branches...again.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
And after two sets of yoga, you’re hungry again. Lol
Thank you for sharing the picture with us. Hope you enjoy it.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Thanks, I did. And still am.....I can make a pan of food like this last for about 3 days. As long as I don't eat the whole thing in one night. (Which IS possible.) haha Thanks @Hannihar
@Melanie_Marie Melanie, I can make food last too.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@Hannihar It's such a money-saver, isn't it?
That looks really yummy!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Thank you! And it really is...give it a try sometime. I promise you won't be disappointed.
@Melanie_Marie I was actually going to make spaghetti toninght L.O.L.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@Dyvette16 (1386)
• San Antonio, Texas
I had spaghetti last night but don’t think I could do without noodles , yours looks great though !
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@Dyvette Thank you....and you know what you could do for the noodles if you feel like giving it a try next time, get something called "Ancient Grains" wheat pasta. It's brown, but other than that, I honestly can't taste the difference. I've only seen these noodles at Kroger so far. Not sure if you guys have Kroger stores down there in Texas. ~~People in Texas don't care if the sun don't shine...~~ (I love that song. It's from Urban Cowboy.) Sorry for going off-topic and making random conversation with you. hahaha
@Dyvette16 (1386)
• San Antonio, Texas
@Melanie_Marie that would be interesting to try , I probably will look for that because I’ve wanted to try wheat pasta actually for a while now . And I have heard of that store but have not seen one here and it is okay lol that’s what we are here for !
@lady1993 (15623)
it looks quite delicious I am envious I prefer more sauce than pasta too but this is a whole other level
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I did just take things to a whole new level, didn't I.. I'm crazy like that, I know. Thanks @lady1993
@rina110383 (23071)
Looks tasty!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Thanks @rina110383 Oooooh, you have the number 11 in your username. That's the universal twin flame number. But that's a totally different subject. One day I might start a discussion on twin flames and we can all get into some wild spiritual talk together. Simply put, (for now) - it's really good that you have an 11 in your username. Something/somebody is coming your way. Don't worry, it's G-O-O-D.
@hereandthere (24138)
i like the melted cheese slices idea, but i would end up eating that with toasted buttered wheat bread.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
Yep, whole wheat bread is the only way to go when you're talkin' bread. Nice choice @hereandthere. And don't skimp on the butter. Live it up.
@LoriAMoore (9987)
How do you still call it "spaghetti" if there isn't any in it? Isn't more like chili at that point?