What do you know about my country

Casablanca, Morocco
I was just wondering how many of you guys knows kingdom of Morocco, The inspiration from this thread came from a friend of mine who visited the U.S a few years ago and came back astonished by how little most americans know about our country. I am aware Morocco is not an isolated case but let's stick to it for the time being. If you are not american, please state so in your answer. If you don't know anything about Morocco, feel free to say so as well And no cheating! You have to answer this without investigating!
@Madshadi (4764)
• Brussels, Belgium
I’m not American. I know that they speak Arabic and another native language (berber?). I know that they have a King and a historical Jewish community. I’m not sure if Casablanca is the capital. They have problems with neighbouring countries over disputed territories. Their economy is thriving and their Parliament is run by the MB.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Yes you re almost there, we speak arabic but not qll of us speak berber
• Denmark
@Mryougataga The Berber people live in the mountainous region, right? Do they all speak Arabic, too? Is the Berber language taught in schools?
• Casablanca, Morocco
@MALUSE well.. Some of them speaks arabic, and no the berber language is not on schools YET
• Denmark
I'm not American, either. I know more or less the same as the member @Madshadi. The capital is Rabat as far as I know. Old Europeans and Americans know the name Casablanca from the film with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. The name is Spanish and means White House. I'm not quite sure but I think the enclave Ceuta belongs to Morocco from which Africans try to get onto Spanish territory by climbing over a high fence.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Niiice, Casablanca is the economical capital, you should visit Morocco sometime and you will be more than welcome, you can go to Fes the cultural capital, heard about it ?
• Casablanca, Morocco
@MALUSE oh yes i forgot about Marrakech a charming city. You are not old for a little adventure, keep the spirit young
I really do not know much about your country there.What I see on news line now and then. Your right very few knows this.I for one.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Tell me what comes to your mind when you hear the word Morocco
@Mryougataga The Bob Hope movie Road to Morocco
• Casablanca, Morocco
@amadeo i didn't watch the movie but am sure it got nothing to do with the real Morocco, but when i say Kingdom of Morocco what do you imagine ?
• Denmark
Welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first step for all newbies is to read the Guidelines to learn what is allowed or not on the site. Then you can write a post introducing yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself. Furthermore, read around as much as you can, Like and Comment on other members' posts. Only then will members come to your site and do the same. This is called interaction. Don't expect too much money-wise. If you reach $5 a month (the payout limit), you can call yourself lucky.
This is where you will find out what kinds of behavior are accepted and unaccepted on myLot. When in doubt, remember the Golden Rule!
• Casablanca, Morocco
I will do my Best, thanks
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
in my mind Morocco is a very rich country, and i heard of your GDP is very high ,am i right? and it is a small country but wealthy. I am from China
• Casablanca, Morocco
Yes you are right, and i love your country by the way, china, am not from those who mistakes china with japan and korea
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
@Mryougataga you are so good dear, no, china is different with japan and korea, they are too small, we are very big and you can find all kinds of interesting places here
• Casablanca, Morocco
@DEMI12 i would love to visit it someday
@kiran8 (15246)
• Mangalore, India
I visited Casa Blanca and the port Lasfar in the nineties when I was sailing with my husband . I remember having dinner at a Moroccan restaurant and finding it similar in some ways to Indian food . We we're planning to visit Marrakech, but could not because of the weather. However I would love to visit again for a longer period of time so that I get to see all the interesting spots ,esp the smaller towns and the country side.
• Casablanca, Morocco
@kiran8 you re more than welcome to stay as much as you want
@kiran8 (15246)
• Mangalore, India
@Mryougataga Thank you
@mohit459 (2836)
• Haldwani, India
I didn't know about it!.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Didn't even know that it existe ?
@mohit459 (2836)
• Haldwani, India
@Mryougataga ya I heard about it
@ebanreb (4748)
Your country is one of the most beautiful countries in the world because of its beautiful tourist spots and places. Your country is rich in culture and traditions. Hope I can go there to personally see the view of your country. Thanks
• Casablanca, Morocco
Thank you, you must heard of it from a friend who came here.. I guess
@ebanreb (4748)
@Mryougataga Yeah and knowing internet. I guess internet knows everything
@sjvg1976 (14598)
I am not an American and know little bit about Morocco . I just know that it's an African country.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Correct
I am from the US and I am terrible. I dont know much at all and may not even be able to point it out on a map. Sotry.
• Casablanca, Morocco
Not a single detail that is desapointing
It seems that your country offers a free visa to my country. I think it will be a drive for Chinese to visit your country much more. I think your country is also well-known because of the movie Casablanca?
• Casablanca, Morocco
Oh noo ! A whole country known just by a title of a movie, man ! There is much more than a movie