Wooden Tit?

A firewood faggot
By pgn
@pgntwo (22585)
Tripoli, Libya
The time of year for an open fire, or a fire in a stove or fireplace, is upon us. Anything to keep the cold and wet out, really. How do you choose to keep warm in the long, dark, winter months? This guy really pushes the boat out when it comes to firewood:
This Is That profiles Smoke & Flame, a Vancouver artisanal firewood company that is selling bundles of kindling for $1000. Subscribe: http://bit.ly/CBCSubscr...
I keep telling everyone that here the days are warm and sunny. It's almost got to T-shirt and shorts weather. The sunshine pours down like honey and warms me right to the bone. Aren't you jealous?
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
Damned right I am, show off!
@xFiacre (5269)
@judyev 'The sun pours down like honey on our lady by the harbour, and she shows you where to look among the garbage and the flowers ... " etc.
@xFiacre Love that song.
@owlwings (39780)
• Cambridge, England
A brilliant skit! These two have redeemed my opinion of the American sense of humour. I especially enjoyed the careful and subtle scenting with fresh ginger (and the enormous circular saw blade made of MDF in the background). Decidedly cockle-warming!
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
I thought so too.
@owlwings (39780)
• Cambridge, England
@Bluedoll Nul point!
@owlwings (39780)
• Cambridge, England
@Bluedoll Nor I.
Well, until today it hasn't been very cold and compared to what you go through it's probably not cold even now to you. I'm just glad I don't need to burn wood. It's a shame that some people do because trees are not as prolific as they once were.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
Trees probably replenish quicker than oil or coal... and sunlight's scarce around these parts at this time of year.
That is probably very true @pgntwo the problem is that with the decrease of bees trees are not reproducing as much as they should be.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
@rebelann Bees may not feature quite as much in tree pollination as they do in flowering plant pollination. Here is how our 5-month old GSD looks today, he'll probably see his first snow tomorrow!
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
Central heating radiators here. But it’s a big house and not many radiators in the hallway so we either keep the door shut or use an electric heater to warm that extra place
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
Ah, the ubiquitous radiator, or electric heater... Nowhere near as romantic
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
@pgntwo no not really. We do have a fireplace though but it’s just not ready for use yet. Hopefully it will be by next year.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
@Madshadi A fireplace and a well-swept chimney
@Bluedoll (17052)
The special rubbing technic of artichoke to the wood was particularly appealing.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
That was ginger being rubbed on it, I think - artichoke and ginger do resemble one another a bit in appearance, but that is as far as the similarity goes...
@lady1993 (20101)
that is one of the pros of not having winter here we do not need a fireplace or a heater
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
Just an air conditioner
@DaddyEvil (25922)
• Aurora, Missouri
We heat with natural gas and electric heaters, pgn. We have a central furnace but since Pretty prefers temperatures MUCH hotter than I can handle, I set our house for 65 degrees (F) which is comfort level for me and she uses a small electric heater in her bedroom to bring the temp there up to 80 degrees (F). No, that is not a typo or a joke! I almost melt if I go into her bedroom! When she goes out into the rest of the house, she has an electric blanket wrapped around her. Where ever she stops, she plugs it in. SMH! (She usually burns one blanket out over the course of the winter. ) You know, I am very glad that video said it was supposed to be funny... (I thought it was real, at first! I was going to tell you that dude is seriously deranged!) Where do you even FIND videos like that?
@DaddyEvil (25922)
• Aurora, Missouri
@pgntwo Hmmm... that cartoon is going into my reserve folder! I might need it if Pretty complains about the temp in the house this year! I was in one motel in Arizona that even made Pretty say it was too hot! OMG! I thought the air conditioner was never going to cool it down! (We ended up opening the door and windows when the outside temp passed below the indoor temp! But we didn't need to leave them open long! After that, the air conditioner kept it comfortable for us! (me!))
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
@DaddyEvil Calvin and Hobbes is always good, and often quite succinct. I follow a couple of Tweeters that share C&H strips quite regularly.
@DaddyEvil (25922)
• Aurora, Missouri
@pgntwo LOL! I have the Calvin and Hobbes website bookmarked. When I get bored, I go and take a look at the newest stuff there! Would you like the link?
We have central heat, and I have a little heater by my computer if it gets really cold. We do have a fireplace, but I think it's more burning small fires than for keeping the place warm. Funny video, I thought at first it was real.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
The video is very well done. I had an infra-red bulb to keep my feet warm in a house I lived in decades ago.
@pgntwo I loved how the woman bought a tiny amount of wood, and they took it to the car and put it in the back. It's not laugh out loud funny, but very funny nonetheless.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
Believe it or not, several years ago my Boss started selling firewood over the Interwebs...Main Event Wood...he stopped when he found out there are all sorts of laws about transporting raw wood over state lines. Has to do with environmental issues.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
The video above sounds plausible until about half-way through... And yes, shipping untreated wood can lead to the spread of nasty critters and fungal baddies.
@pgntwo Yeah, I watched it...all that care in producing such majestic firewood
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
@JolietJake Customer service to a tee...
we have a wood stove and oil back up.We keep warm very nicely
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
You can't beat wood for a cosy living room.
@pgntwo that is for sure.Loved it
@Orson_Kart (4487)
It's not officially winter here yet but it sure feels like it. I've had my string vest on for months now, and that keeps me toasty. I don't have a 'real fire' to warm my cockles. I do miss it.
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
The flames licking around the log add a certain something...
Great video pgn, and a great title
@pgntwo (22585)
• Tripoli, Libya
I thought so - glad you like it