Today's Doctor Visit

@UncleJoe (8640)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
What an exciting visit with my Dermatologist today, but we’ll get to that part later. This session revealed more information than I expected. One was that the area in the photo wasn’t the only problem. He found cancer spots on both arms, right shoulder, and even the top of my head. Yet, that wasn’t the exciting part. My elbow will require surgery by a team, I was told. That will take place on January 4th, (if it hasn’t eaten my arm off by then.) Boy, oh, boy! I can hardly wait. For today, they just treated all the smaller areas with a special, time-saving procedure. One like none I had ever received before. Producing a pressurized canister that looked like a little oil can that turned out to be liquid nitrogen he applied a squirt to about 15 small spots. “This will sting!” was an understatement. THAT was when the excitement began. Each spot felt like it had been touched with a lit cigar. For just a second I thought I might pass out. That burning lasted almost an hour. Sting? Really? I think Dr. Akmar is a terrorist!
@Morleyhunt (16808)
I had some warts burned off 20+ years ago. Sting does not describe the pain. It was numb when I left the Drs offices. Five minutes into the 25 minute drive home I was almost blinded by pain. I was on a four lane highway and had to pull to the shoulder to wait for the pain to subside....
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
NOW ya tell me! @MorleyHunt
@UncleJoe Always take something for pain before you go, helped Tony 400 times.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@andriaperry Thank you. I'll try to remember that.
@UncleJoe Sadly I've experienced this and feel horrible when I hear someone else has had to go through it. You are in my prayers.
I am so so sorry! That sounds so darn painful. I am sorry they found more spots as well. I am praying-God is our healer!!
They should administer some sort of numbing agent before the procedure.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
They do. @Kandae11 The doctor took some kind of pill so he wasn't feeling anything.
@UncleJoe He didn't need it.
@UncleJoe Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh as this is so serious but you do it to me every time!
@Platespinner (18586)
That sound a bit like my dentist and his needle. "Just a little pinch" I'd love to pinch back!!?
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Platespinner The hardest part is remembering that you can't slap a guy who has a needle in your mouth.
@UncleJoe There have been times when I have been sorely tempted to bite his fingers off!
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Blondie2222 (18261)
Well I hope this surgery helps and the cancer spots don't get worse before then. Sorry he lied to you and the sting was worse then that. Hopefully this is just a one time thing and you won't have to go thru that again.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
He said about once a year @Blondie2222 I can live with that, as long as I get to live! LOL
@Blondie2222 (18261)
@UncleJoe Yes that is good news.
@nanette64 (13932)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yup, he 'froze' those spots @UncleJoe . Has he talked to you about a new pin-point procedure using radiation? It's a high radiation beam that focuses strictly on the location of the tumors. It also lessens the possibility of killing 'good' cells and only killing the 'bad' cells.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
No, he's not that high-tech @nanette but he knows how to use an axe.
@nanette64 (13932)
• Fairfield, Texas
@UncleJoe Well it sounds like I need to come and kick somebody's a**.
That treatment sounds like what they do to my husband's head every so often. It sort of freezes the spots. Good luck in January.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@jaboUK I must be suffering from freezer burn.
What fun!
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@snowy22351 Yes, absolutely breath-taking!
• Marion, Kansas
I hope this fast treatment is effective and that your surgeons have great success with your elbow.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You got my vote @GardenGerty
Praying for you.
It[s good that they were found and taken care of.
Ouch! So sorry
So did it help, Good luck with the surgery. I truly hope it works.
I am so sorry that you're going through this. I can only imagine how painful this is for you. He sounds like a terrorist.
Dr. Akmar really put you through the wringer!! I did not know the treatment you received today would be so darn painful. Well, hopefully, after the team works on your elbow, you get a break!
Wow. That is funny looking. How did you get so many I wonder.
• Riga, Latvia
So sorry you had to go through all of that. My thoughts and prayers with you.
That doesn't sound nice at all. I keep saying I'm going to go and be checked for skin cancers but so far I've managed to put it off.
@1hopefulman (20483)
Ouch! Couldn't they put you to sleep for an hour?