Had a Great Time at Barnes and Nobel

Portland, Connecticut
Every year we pull tags off the Giving Tree at our church. I pulled all kids and all toys this year. Okay, by the time I pulled mine that was all that was left and two were teen girls and two others were a 13 and 12-year old boys. The two younger kids a 5 and a 9 year old boy were the easiest to buy for. Yesterday, I went to CVS and bought make-up, nail polish and a makeup bag for each of them. Today I went to Barnes and Nobel because, the 9-year old wanted Marble Run, and I looked online and it said they had it. Well, they didn't!! But, they did have lots of good Lego choices for the other boys. I also bought Moose Munch that I will mail to my friend and Godiva truffles for another friend. When I paid, I received $2 off a coffee drink from the cafe so I grabbed a cappuccino to go. When I got back to the car, I Googled the local toy store and was able to find a marble run and they even wrapped it for me. Now all I have to do is wrap the other gifts and drop them off on Sunday. They are not due until the 17th but this way, if there are still tags on the tree I will take more. This the season to share your good fortune with others. I hope all of you have had a great day. Are you done with or well into your holiday shopping.
That's a wonderful thing to do. I'm glad you purchased exactly what you wanted.
• Portland, Connecticut
I was just surprised to find everything wanted there, not usually the case lol
@BelleStarr It's a shopping relief! lol
Nice that you are able to share with others. I am bringing in food for the food basket at work. Also have a couple of hats that I am donating as well. Still plugging away at the family gifts. Slow process when you haven't a clue what to buy them. My older grandchildren get gift cards. They can choose what to buy with them and enjoy that too.
• Portland, Connecticut
I shop for the big boys in January when the hoodies go on sale at Kohls. Then I add a book or something that they tell me they want. I do get gift cards for my oldest grandson, I get him food, taco bell, wendy's, subway and Dunkin so when he is out and about he can grab a bite on grandma lol My other grandkids prefer gifts at least that is what they tell me lol
@BelleStarr I have given gift cards for fast food restaurants to the grandkids. They did like receiving them too.
You are very generous. I'm glad you were able to get the items you wanted.
• Portland, Connecticut
I think most people are generous this time of year given the opportunity. I don't think I am anything out of the ordinary but thank you.
@BelleStarr I think taking four tickets is generous.
Thats very sweet of you. We're doing similar by adopting a family in our area. And dropping off a bag with random things, crayons, markers, board games, baseballs, etc
• Portland, Connecticut
That is a wonderful treat for them I am sure. Kids just love those sorts of things. You are very generous to share with others when sometimes you are a little short of things yourself, I am sure God smiles when he looks at you.
@BelleStarr we're shory alot more than people think and know. But we always help others especially at christmas
That is so kind and giving of you. I'm sure the kids will love the presents.
• Portland, Connecticut
I hope so, I tried to be thoughtful in the gifts I chose.
@BelleStarr I'm sure it's a great blessing for them.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is so sweet! I am still working on all the gifts I am doing haha
• Portland, Connecticut
You are creative, I am just doing storebought!! That is very thoughtful of you.
• Peoria, Arizona
@BelleStarr I have such a hard time buying stuff for people haha I never know what they want, so I just create things!
That is very nice. They will be some very happy children/teens.
• Portland, Connecticut
I hope so, the thing is when it strangers you never do know if you have hit the mark or not but I guess it is better than not having presents.
@BelleStarr Yes I would say so. They will be thankful to have a gift under the tree
@Emmlex1000 (1417)
• Lagos, Nigeria
That lovely to share love
• Portland, Connecticut
We do have an obligation to help those in need and to do it joyfully.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@BelleStarr yes that why the Bible said charity cover multiple of sin
It's really nice of you to partake in the Giving Tree at church and help make Christmas bright for those kids. Barnes and Nobles does have some interesting things
• Portland, Connecticut
I have to admit it was almost one stop an unusual experience for me lol
• Derby, England
What a lovely idea a kind of charity secret Santa - I think you gift choices are excellent and will those children very happy
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, I sure hope so, I love to shop and this way I feel no guilt what so ever lol
@Rollo1 (16725)
• Boston, Massachusetts
It's really so much more rewarding to give than to receive. Making Christmas special for the children is the most important thing anyone could do. I am sure they will love the gifts you so thoughtfully chose.
• Portland, Connecticut
I sure hope so, I certainly enjoying buy them and now I need to get them all wrapped and brought back to church.
@Frenzys9 (114)
Glad you got to find Marble Run!! This is a really nice thing that your doing for these kids. I might do the same, or donate to saint Jude or somthing.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am a monthly St Jude donor, it is my favorite charity. Helping people close to home always feels good.
@irishidid (8152)
Shopping for kids on Christmas can be hit or miss. I was lucky to find what my grandson wants without much trouble.
• Portland, Connecticut
My grandkids a least give me ideas what they want, 5 out of six of these tags had no hints lol I did ask a young clerk at CVS what she thought of the makeup I bought and she said she would love to receive it so I am hopeful.
Very nice of you and glad you had a fun time.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am blessed in so many ways and it would be very stingy of me not to share it with those who might not have a very Merry Christmas without some help.
Will seriously start my shopping this weekend.
• Portland, Connecticut
That sounds good, I need to do a lot of wrapping and bagging later this week.
No, I gave a few people their gifts early.
• Portland, Connecticut
I haven't given out any gifts yet but at least now most of them are purchased.