Helping mentality is good, but should we help strangers when they need help? Can they be trusted?

We all have a helping mind,especially when our near and dear ones are in need of help,we go till any extent to try to help them . But should we help strangers when they are in need. Can they be trusted? It is said if we help a person in time of need,God will definitely help us when we need help. Can we trust strangers and help them .Would you help a stranger?
@Ithink (6795)
We have helped strangers, I guess it depends on what kind of help you are talking about as there are all types of help. Giving money if they are short in a check out line is helping, giving food to someone on the corner with a sign in their hand on being homeless is help. Now taking someone in to my home I don't know I wouldn't do at this point in life.
• Derby, England
@Ithink I agree i would be very careful about taking anyone to my home. I volunteer for a charity and we visit people in their homes but they don't know where we live. We are introduced through the charity
@Ithink (6795)
@catsholiday Ohh never heard of one like that where you go into their homes. Can I ask what you do?
• Derby, England
We have a box in our local supermarket where you can put a few things in and they give them to people in need. they have one for animals too. like the idea of the reverse Advent calendar where you put something in each day and then give it to an elderly person or someone in need.
I've read recently that if you see a baby in the road--don't get out of your car, because it's a trap. But how can someone not help a baby. It's sad really that they prey on our goodness.
Nope, it's too dangerous this christmas, be careful who you help.
@lady1993 (15779)
maybe only easy stuff.. like if something of theirs fell, i would call their attention and tell them about it... or their dress is revealing something private, i would tell them about it too... or when a kid is lost, i'd find the authorities and leave him or her there
@mandala100 (25384)
@rubyriaz007 Yes my friend why not?
I will do my best because when I need help some have helped me.
I help strangers who needs my help cuz it will come back to me a hundredfold. Kindness is the only thing I can offer to them and to think that If you will be the one who may need help too, wouldn't it be nice to imagine that some friendlly stranger cares for you?
@rina110383 (23683)
Yep, as long as it doesn't involve giving money.
@Scrapper88 (1233)
I like to help when I can. Most of the time; it is just giving directions.
@SAM774 (2224)
Helping a stranger is not an issue I guess... But yes expecting something in return from a stranger is an issue