Is Lasting Peace Still Possible In The World?

@mandala100 (25344)
Hong Kong
"Peace on earth and good will to men" is always among the constant theme and message of Christmas. Lasting peace seems to be an illusive dream of humanity with everything that's going on around us... Are we human beings capable of having a Lasting Peace on Earth or is it a mere illusive dream? Why is it so very hard to have a lasting peace on Earth? What's wrong with us human beings when it comes to Lasting Peace? Picure credit: youtube.com
At present it seems it is too difficult to see the peace. Actually there are more terrorist attacks today and lately North Korea and USA has a big trouble relationship. It seems that the war will happen anytime. Perhaps due to different religion and country, it is easy to lead to fight than peace.
@mandala100 (25344)
@youless Thank you for your valuable observation my friend.
@mandala100 You are welcome
@mandala100 (25344)
@youless Tahnk you my friend.
@dodoazo (11300)
Lasting is impossible, but peace is possible. As long as there is war, misunderstanding, contentions, pride among men, peace is elusive. If there's, it won't last.
@mandala100 (25344)
@dodoazo Right my friend the "evil" side of human nature.
@dodoazo (11300)
@mandala100 The very own answer is within us. It's our conviction and nobody is perfect. In short, we should ourselves for the worse. Only God can bring peace. But the people neglected His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Even among us here won't accept Him as God or as a Savior.
Sure people can but sometimes a couple men in power wants to be noticed and greedy.
@mandala100 (25344)
@andriaperry Yes my friend some are indeed greedy and hungry for power.
There will be peace when Jesus defeats Satan in the battle of Armageddon, but as long as he is in control of the world, there will never be peace.
Well said, Valerie. The Bible is clear that we will never have true, lasting peace on earth until Christ's return.
@1creekgirl Thank you. It would be nice if more people would read the Bible and see what is happening in the world today is right there in black and white or red and white.
@mandala100 (25344)
@just4him Alright my friend.
@redurnet (967)
I don't think peace is possible. I think human nature means it is not possible. We are the only animal on earth that wants to imagine the most horrific ways to hurt other people.
@mandala100 (25344)
@redurnet Yes my friend that's the "evil" side of human nature at its worst.
• Riga, Latvia
I still put in prayers for peace. I think there is still hope. At lest I think its important not to give up.
@mandala100 (25344)
@RasmaSandra You are right on that my friend.
@prashu228 (22651)
I didn't think it will happen by what we see around .
@mandala100 (25344)
@prashu228 That's a good observation my friend.
@Shiva49 (9688)
With our present approach and attitude lasting peace is a dream. However, the 99% wants it, but the 1% is the spoilsport. It is time the will of the majority ran and then peace will follow - siva
@mandala100 (25344)
@Shiva49 That's a good thought my friend.