#2 My Ancestry Search is Getting Very Exciting!

I did more Ancestry research this evening and actually got an email from a long lost relative. I'm not even sure exactly how we are related except that we definitely know already that we have the same great grandparents. It's my great grandparents on my Dad's side through his mother, but I'm not sure how it runs in this man's family line. It may be through his Mother's side. We're trying to figure it out. It’s very exciting! I also found out from my search that one of my relatives is actually buried here in a cemetery that is only 11 miles from my house. I’m going to go to that cemetery and see if I can find his grave and take a photo of it. I have a photo of him. He was very handsome. I’m also thinking that if he’s buried here, he may still have family here, so I’m going to see if I can find them. I will tell you more later.
@talkerbee (243)
Interesting! Good luck to your journey on finding relatives. I'll read the next episode.
Yes, I had no idea that this man's younger brother lived near me. He just passed away last year, so I'm almost sure that he has relatives still living in this area. This is exciting.
@IreneVincent, I missed the story. It's been a couple of days I was not active. So, what's the continuation of the story?
@talkerbee The weather turned cold and we had some snow so I was not able to go to the cemetery. However, I did find out from my relative that the man buried here is the younger brother of the relative I am in touch with and he told me that his brother's wife and son still live in this area. I didn't ask for their address. I thought that was too direct but I'm hoping that he will give me some more information later.
@lady1993 (17730)
wow, you have researched quite far. How did you manage it?
I was searching for several hours and concentrating on just ONE person of the EIGHT persons that I need to follow on Ancestry.com. I found out quite a bit about my paternal grandmother and great grandmother. It's very exciting.
@Daelii (5636)
@IreneVincent Nice! I started using that during a free weekend search. I might just go back to trying it with a paid membership!
@Daelii It has been fascinating! And I'm making a lot of progress. I already had quite a bit of information collected but now I'm able to fill in some blanks and my son is going to upload dozens of photos onto the site.
That is exciting good luck on your search.