How will you react if your younger sibiling is pampered by your parents very much?h

In many families we see the youngest child is pampered very much by the parents. The parents fulfill their every wish,considering that they are the youngest. When we fight with our sibling, inspite of knowing that we have done nothing wrong,they favor our sibiling's side and scold us. How would you react if your parents support and cover up your siblings mistakes and scold you for your mistakes? Is it fair to do ?
• Peoria, Arizona
It would have been very sad if that actually happened to me. In my step family I was the youngest and I was the one always getting lectured and beaten and everything, while my step siblings were glorified. But I guess that just happens in a step family sometimes.
@Daelii (2039)
that's awful! As a step mom I was sure if I bought did something for one stepkid I did it for all. I didn't want to play favorites. Then when I finally was able to have a live baby it started all kinds of drama. I never bought anything except a few sets if clothes but not much. I really didn't think I was coming home with a baby. Then I did. A friend who was adopting about sane time as my birth, had the adoption fell through. So she gave me everything from gently used swings, bouncers etc. The spoiled baby (husband brother who never got a job in his life, was spoiled by parents) told all the kids how I was spending their dads money on baby. I worked and wasn't allowed to buy things a baby needed because adults had no use for them. Holiday? Nope! No kid celebration for baby girl. Not allowed! So it caused a huge marital strain. Those kids got so many things as babies and kids that my husband never would do for ours together. At times I still get frustrated. So now, I really want no parts to his family. They also screwed themselves over a bit. Back then they argued over my sister buying my daughter a bed/ crib... She was too big for the basinet. My baby "didnt need a bed" So I was told to return it and split money between all of them. So I said that car she was going to give the youngest stepchild isn't coming. Baby girl can't use it and my sister doesn't have 4 cars to give. I really washed my hands of all of them after the drama if baby girl #2 born and in nicu and her major hospital stay when she was 1. Just got no time in my life for toxic people who can't respect the basic life of my kids.
• New Delhi, India
I will definitely oppose
I too agree to it.They should pamper both of them equally.
• New Delhi, India
@rubyriaz007 yes.....no one should feel neglected
@peachpurple (11034)
My parents pampered my younger brother because he is the heir if the family. Of course it isn't fair but what can I do? Kill him ?
@rina110383 (23095)
This happens between me and my parents. They usually spoil our eldest and youngest sibling. What I do is I question their parenting skills and argue with them.
@tzwrites (3809)
I would be very upset probably. I don't know I don't have any siblings.
@Daelii (2039)
Its not fair and it will only serve that child a disservice. It happened with my husbands family. They never learnt skills to even be a self functioning adult ! So its one thing I won't do with my kids.
You should never do it to your kids. Kids feel bad when their sibling is pampered and they are not. It also spoils their relationship with each other.
First I would explain to my parents what really had happen. They should listen to both sides and as for my younger sibling, if he is the one who is wrong then I will let him know that I am not happy with what he did and he should know how to say sorry. It is no longer fair if both of my parents only gives attention to my younger sibling without listening the whole story. I am just thankful my parents gives fair treatment to all of us.
@nomus24g (16450)
I am more concerned about making my sibling my second in command rather than what treatment he/she gets from parents
I will feel very bad
My sister has always been the favorite. She was kind of the model child and I was the underachiever. It has continued to this day..but can't hate sis..she is a good person.
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
Well it really lowers ones self esteem..makes me feel like I'm not loved
@Shiva49 (9597)
It is not on. That means they are disadvantaging the child. It is said the youngest child never grows up. Give good attention but do not pamper and favor any child over others - siva
• Derby, England
Fortunately my parents didn't do that. I would find it very hurtful I think