I've Been Waiting......

Good Thursday morning everyone! Although I could have slept in this morning, I was up ahead of my alarm. Why do we do silly things like that anyways? This afternoon I am having surgery. I've been waiting for quite a few months to have this done. So, nothing to eat after midnight, I am allowed clear fluids up until 3 hours before my surgery. I probably won't really have much more from now. I'm hungry, but I'm sure that will pass as I wait out the next few hours before going to the hospital.
@alberello75 (13244)
• Genova, Italy
Excuse me a question: why do you have to make a surgical operation? I did know anything about that....
I have some cysts growing inside of me that need to be removed.
@alberello75 (13244)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Ok. I understood. But this should be a routione operation I suppose. Nothing worrying. True?
@alberello75 Its routine, but there's always a concern when they are putting you under.
@Morleyhunt (16808)
I lay in bed longer than usual this morning. I was waiting for the alarm...but hubby forgot (didn't bother) to reset it when he headed out at 3:30 AM.
He had a really early start. I wanted to sleep in, but I was up not feeling well anyways, no sense in tossing and turning and waking my husband. Of course new he's up also. But on the bright side, I already have a load of wash done, and just put it over to the dryer and he's sipping his coffee. It really smells delicious, so I hope that he finishes that pot soon-its very tempting!
@Morleyhunt (16808)
@Juliaacv I'm a morning person...I always seem to accomplish much more when I get an early start. Hubby had to be at the barn. Bay chicks were being delivered and he had to activate the nipples in the waterline and make sure that all was ready for their arrival. 25,000 now and this evening....and other 29,000. Then he'll be full until middle to end of January.
@Morleyhunt My Dad used to raise chicks back in the 60's, but in those days it was on a much smaller scale. He used heat lights to keep the little coop warm enough for them. The highest mortality rate was suffocation as the little chicks would tend to pile up on top of each other in the corners of the building. He only did that for a couple of years. After that he had laying hens-that was mother's "job" on the farm.
Wishing you all the best today. You are in my thoughts and prayers. It will soon be all over and you will be recovering.
Thanks Laurel, I have less then 6 hours to go now. I'm sure that sounds like a lot to anyone but me. And maybe you. It wasn't all that long ago you were the patient, and look how well you're doing now.
@Juliaacv Yes time passes quickly and soon it will be all behind you! Thanks for always being there for me during my surgery and recovery..I will be here for you too. That's what friends are for.
@Happy2BeMe You're welcome, and thank you. And yeah, we're lucky to have such a good friendship.
• New Delhi, India
Good luck dear...what is the surgery about?
Thank you. I have some cysts growing inside of me that need to be removed.
• New Delhi, India
@Juliaacv which organ....I hope you are better now
Sending prayers that all goes very well with this surgery. So glad the day has arrived and the surgery will soon be over.
Thanks Deb I'm home but still not thinking really clearly.
@Juliaacv Go and rest now, my friend.
@Corbin5 Thank you so much. I do not have the words to give to you for being so sweet and listening to me and advising me over the months. We just ordered Chinese in and enjoyed that, now I'm sipping a coffee and trying to do a bit on the site. And then I"ll be in bed by 8 I'm sure of that!
I will be praying for you and remember God has it! He loves you so much, everything will be okay.
I gave it to Him, and I was good. Thank you for your prayers and support.
@Juliaacv Awesome! Your very welcome!
Too bad you couldn't sleep longer. I guess it is the anxiety. Good luck for this afternoon. Will be waiting for your return here.
Thanks, it should be short and sweet. I'm not one for hanging around after I wake up I'm asking for my husband and then for my clothes and shoes.
Good morning and hope you get a big meal when it's over with.
@UncleJoe (8640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
According to my doctors, I am in need of a couple different surgeries but it's going to be expensive. That's why I've been looking for a self-help DIY book.
That's a riot! I'll have to bear that thought in mind when I'm going thru the worst of it-which in my mind, is having the IV put in. I hate that part the worst. Thanks for the laugh-it will go a long ways today.
Be thinkin' 'bout ya
Thanks JJ. I go under at 1:15, its a short procedure, should be back home again by 4:30, but knowing me, I'll be home before that, I don't stick around once I'm awake again-I push them to get me released as quickly as I can.
@Rollo1 (16728)
• Boston, Massachusetts
If you can't eat all day, you might have been happier sleeping away as many of those waiting hours as possible. Hope it is nothing serious and that all goes well.
I know, my plan was to sleep in a bit to help cut down on the time before I leave for the hospital and bypass all of the temptations, however, I wasn't feel well and was up. I'm counting down the hours now, I'll be taken in just over 6 hours for my surgery.
Good luck with us. Looking forward to hearing all about it once you're home again.
Thank you. I don't waste much time getting out of hospitals once I'm awake, I always ask for my husband, my clothes and my shoes-and in that order! The last time I had a procedure done, they took me a bit early as the person ahead of me didn't show up, and on our way home my husband made a comment that we were out of the hospital before my scheduled appointment.
@Juliaacv That sounds ideal to me - to be on your way home before the appointment time - but with it all over with.
@JudyEv And today was very similar. I was booked for 1:15 and I'd like to say that we were on our way home by 2:30. They took me early.
The best of luck Julia, I hope all goes well. Thinking of you.
@Juliaacv Hope you are feeling alright now Julia. I haven't been on much (I'm still in Spain) so you may have posted an update which I haven't seen yet. Trying to get through my notifications first.
@jaboUK Thank you Janet. I had the surgery and have a lot less pain now. I'm still healing but feel so much better. Today will actually be my first day back at work.
My prayers are with you.
Thanks, I can use them. I was doing fine, but I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous. I turned some music on to settle myself.
@Juliaacv You'll be fine. Trust your doctors and trust God.
@peachpurple (10720)
That is call fasting before surgery. I hope everything ends up well. Why are you having a surgery?
Yes, its called fasting. I have some cysts growing inside of me that need to be removed and then they'll burn out that area so that they don't regrow.
@peachpurple (10720)
@Juliaacv that is good news. I hope no more reoccurence. Stay healthy ok
I'm sending good thoughts and wishes for your surgery and know that everything will be so much better once this is behind you.
I felt your prayers as I lie there waiting on the stretcher in the bay area near the OR. I had let all of my fears go.
this is for your knee surgery there?
No, I had those cysts removed from my insides.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
Much good luck on your surgery, I hope all goes well.
Thanks, I appreciate that.
The very best on your surgery.
Thanks John, I hope so.
@PatZAnthony (11812)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You will be in my thoughts today. Clear liquids aren't the most filling, but time will pass and soon this will just be a memory.
No, they actually make me hungry. I had a couple of sips of water really early on as I had to take 2 of my pills, but I've not had anything since. I'm hoping to get there early so that if they are running ahead of me I can get done early. And I won't drink anything as it will mean that I'll have to wait, and nobody likes to wait.