Would you be happy and willing to live in a different place or country ?

@kiran8 (15258)
Mangalore, India
Immigration is an essential part of all nations in the world. People move to other cities and countries other than their own for various reasons. Most of them make such a move because of their job or better opportunities or for some it is just the experience of living a life that is culturally different from their own. There are both advantages and disadvantages when you immigrate to a different country. Given the opportunity would you be happy to move to another country ? If so, do you have any particular place in mind?
@sol_cee (13620)
• Japan
Home is where the heart is. I’d still wanna live in my home country.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@sol_cee I understand , but would you like the experience f living elsewhere at least for a short period of time
@kiran8 Living somewhere else for a short period of time is okay, but there is nothing like our own country.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@marlina yes I agree but when we have to live in other countries it becomes a new experience..
@Morleyhunt (16729)
My parents emigrated from the Netherlands to Canada. I've never moved very far from the area I grew up in...I've travelled but haven't relocated. Now in the next few months I will be moving 1700 km to another province in Canada. This should be an exciting and interesting new beginning.
• Denmark
If you travelled 1.700 km in Europe, you'd cross several countries!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
@MALUSE That's why relatives from the Netherlands are always surprised at the distances we travel.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@Morleyhunt , it is like here in India .. culturally we are so diversified that for a South Indian , living in northern India would be like living in a different part of the world , so also the eastern and Western parts , having totally different food habits and way f life.
I am perfectly happy and contented to live in Canada. Have no intention of leaving this wonderful country.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@marlina Canada is a beautiful country and a great place to live in ...
@kiran8 I totally agree with you on this point and more than 100%.
@ilocosboy (33294)
Though I would want to have vacation in other place and country but I wouldn't want to stay there for the rest of my life.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
Yes I can understand that because you need to change your lifestyle accordingly which is not easy for many !
@dodoazo (11300)
Before it's my plan that someday I migrate to other country like America. But I have no plan to live else where. Though our country is developing, I don't want to leave it. My country is the land of birth.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
It is apparent that majority of the people are happy to live in their own country..
I will only be happy to live in another country if my family or loved ones is going to be with me.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
I agree with that , if you have your family and some friends as well , it is nice living in other countries.
@dpk262006 (54812)
I love my India and would like to stay here.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@dpk262006 Of course, but won't it be nice for a change to live in a new place that is totally different to ours?
@dpk262006 (54812)
@kiran8 Change is always good and you are right that it will be different feeling to live at a new place.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@dpk262006 It may not be what you are used to in your country but it is a new experience that may be better or worse again depending on how we take it.
@sjvg1976 (14615)
I won't leave my home at any cost as I am very much attached to my family and I can't live without them.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
What if you got a fantastic job in a different country or you are transferred to a different place ..
@sjvg1976 (14615)
@kiran8 I don't search for the jobs these days because I know I will have to relocate and for that I am not interested. As far as for transfer I will deny for it if my boss asks for it.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@sjvg1976 So you would never want to live in other places and experience other lifestyles and cultures
I do not want to leave the United States, but if I had to I would be fine in another English language country. I think I would do fine in Canada, Australia, and so on. But I would be so out of sorts if I lived in a country where English wasn't the primary language.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@AmbiePam Now English is spoken in most common wealth countries and others too except probably in some parts of Europe . .
@kiran8 Certainly, but not as the main language.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@AmbiePam Of course not ..
@cahaya1983 (9678)
I spent a few years abroad and I wouldn't mind doing it again. But still, there is no place like home.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@cahaya1983 True , no place like home ...But the time I spent abroad was really a good experience for me since I got to learn a lot about different cultures and lifestyles
@SAM774 (2224)
I so want that to happen... I mean to change my home place... Yes experience... Well if get the opportunity to change my country... Well I can say my bag is ready lol
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@SAM774 That's great ..same here ! I wouldn't mind again living in other places for sometime
I would love to travel, but I'm very close to my family and unless they came with me, I don't think I could do it.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
True , traveling is an experience you want to share with your close family ,I too love traveling to different places with my family.
@peachpurple (10708)
yes I would, I want to migrate to Korea
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@peachpurple , any particular reason why you want to migrate to Korea ?
• Derby, England
I have lived in a number of different countries and would be happy to do so again. I lived in Guyana till I was 13. I lived in the Sudan for a short time twice, I then spent some time in Malaysia, then many years in Australia before coming back to the UK.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@catsholiday that's wonderful , am sure you gained a lot through the exposure. We too have lived in many different countries like the UK, Hongkong, Malaysia, Singapore , Dubai. ..I found it a great experience and so did my family. .i have also visited Sudan, Ethiopia and Egypt ..
• Calgary, Alberta
I already left my family in my country and I have no plans of looking back. let's say I am the blacksheep.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@CaptAlbertWhisker Are you living in a different country ? That does not make you a black sheep because it requires courage and also adaptability to do so..
• Calgary, Alberta
@kiran8 Lets say I hate them and they hate me.
@kiran8 (15258)
• Mangalore, India
@CaptAlbertWhisker But things could change ...One can never say never!