How much longer will it be politically correct to have Pearl Harbor Day?

By JJ
After all, that was 76 years ago, and it isn't fair for the Japanese to have this thrown in their face every year. This just helps alienate them and gives people a reason to dislike them. Except for ISISI and people like that. They probably celebrate it joyously. But everything else is becoming politically incorrect these days. Except me. I've always been that way. But just wait. It doesn't bother me, but sooner or later someone is gonna get their panties in a wad about it and file a lawsuit in Federal court and yada yada yada. It's only a matter of time...
Don't hold your breath. Maybe you're just not that important.
I didn't say me. Seriously...the way everything is so geared to being 'politically correct' these days I truly believe someone is gonna get bent out of shape about it. America doesn't give a damn about its heritage. This has been often proven in the past 5-10 years with all the demonstrations against everything. Tearing down monuments because someone is offended, banning a flag because someone is offended, etc. It's only a matter of time.
@Morleyhunt (16705)
We have a neighbour who wears his UEL (United Empire Loyalist) heritage like he has personally earned it. It's pointed out every chance he gets. I'm not impressed. So your ancestors were loyal to England....never mind they were wanted for crimes in the US. You didn't earn that label...you just inherited it. Big whoop! I'm not politically correct....I appreciate heritage...but there are times......
It does seem every time I turn around these days someone is chipping away at something because it 'offends' them...even if it doesn't have anything to do with them directly. I wonder what the PC crowd will go after next...
@Morleyhunt (16705)
@JolietJake I'm sure well find out soon enough.....they are good friends with the PETA people. They cause havoc in the agri/food industry.
@Morleyhunt People Eating Tasty Animals? I'm a member too!
It seems that more and more people in this country have their panties in a wad about something. Panties in a wad has to be so uncomfortable.
Maybe that's why they are irritated with everything
@JolietJake I think it is.
The same would apply to 9/11.
I think that dates like this are important to be aware of, but we cannot live in the past
@kobesbuddy (19380)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have a hard time, acknowledging the day of a bombing, as a special date to remember! Why don't they just bury the ax and stop using it to chop into someone's back. We need to forget those terrible memories, let it be water under the bridge for once.
@kobesbuddy (19380)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@FourWalls My uncle was floating on a board in Pearl Harbor, the day it was bombed. He refuses to even talk about it, his memories of this horrible attack still haunt him at times. Virg was in the U.S. Navy and married to my Dad's youngest sister.
@LoriAMoore (10030)
Somebody will file a lawsuit about any given "grievance" at any given time in America.
@FourWalls (10030)
There are only about 2,000 Pearl Harbor survivors left. Maybe the Holocaust revisionists will tell us Pearl Harbor didn’t happen, either.
What to say, European countries still celebrate the "liberation" (freedom) from Nazi Germans but now we should be a "Unified Europe". Well, we will never really be.
Columbus Day has already gotten this treatment, so sure, why not Pearl Harbor day? Let's all join in the ridiculous trends of our country!
@BarBaraPrz (17541)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You're probably right if not correct...