The Lights Are Up!

Dining room lights.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
This morning I set a goal. No more procrastination! The garland was going to be up by lunch time. I usually put lights and garland around my living room window (done on Monday) my dining room window (this morning) and my fireplace mantle. The hooks are still in the window from last year so that was really just s matter of putting the correct garland in the correct window. The mantle proved more difficult. I had no hooks and the clips wouldn't stay in place. Eventually I used packing tape to hold the clips down. Now the mantle is also decorated. It may be all that I have ready...but the decorating is done!
I haven't even figured out where I hid mine when I took them down last year.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
The trash can? I've hidden mine there before.
@Morleyhunt Honestly I may have...they're so cheap it's almost easier to buy them new every year
@Morleyhunt (16548)
@JolietJake this is so true. When I decorated the store I replaced many of the items each year, just because the bother of storing them was more than the few $ they cost me.
The window looks really lovely and I love the view you have.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
This is why we live rural...we don't want to see walls. Mind you I had to angle the photo so the chicken barns weren't in the photo.
• London, England
Wow that's such a lovely view from the window and lovely christmas lights. Sadly, we don't have such spacious areas in London to get views like that from living room windows unless you live near the park!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
Thank you. We love living out in the "country". My husband does not do well when we've lived in town. Our new home will have the best of both worlds.
It looks great and festive
@Morleyhunt (16548)
Thank you. It's starting to look a little bit like Christmas.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That looks nice. Very festive.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
My house is starting to look very Christmassy.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Morleyhunt Your house is very festive, for sure.
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It definitely does look nice. Although it can be a bit of a chore, it can still be nice to have the decorations up.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
Once they are in place, I'm so glad I spent the time. Looking at the giant box is off putting and then I procrastinate.
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Morleyhunt it can be easy to procrastinate sometimes.
I don't have anything to decorate with at the moment but come January I want to see if I can find something nice for next year.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
The garland, lights and decorations were ten years of gathering. The garland is showing its age and starting to lose its "needles". The lights and ornaments will make the move...the garland will be thrown out.
10 years isn't too bad @Morleyhunt maybe you'll find something in your new community that you'll really like.
Success!!! Your window looks lovely!!!! Using the packing tape was brilliant!!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I was pleased. I told you I was resourceful. If I set my mind to do something....I find a way to do it.
@Morleyhunt I am the same way. We go getter done!!!
@LoriAMoore (9922)
What a lovely view made even lovelier.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
Thank you. I love the effect of the garland and lights framing the window.
Let there be light!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
And there is light!
I love the garland with lights in your window, it looks so inviting.
It's so nice when it's all done that I wonder myself why I procrastinate doing it. Your window looks very festive and I always wished I had a fireplace to decorate.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
This year I still have a fireplace. I need to be careful when I place my garland...it interferes with the TV and the DVD player that are also on the mantle.
That is wonderful. The window looks great.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I was pleased. It was tricky to get a photo that showed the lights.
That looks beautiful!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
Thank you. I was pleased with my efforts. When hubby arrived home he also approved.
@Platespinner (18472)
Congratulations! I set up the Nativity set and pulled out the Christmas hot pads (all my regular hot pads seem to have gone missing--I suspect the dog). At the rate I'm going I may actually have all the Christmas stuff out before it's time to hit to road for the journey to your house!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
My nativity set was the first decoration out of the closet. It's in the window.
@Morleyhunt The nativity set was the first thing I set up. Everything else has been done by other family members .
@Morleyhunt (16548)
@Platespinner my only helper was the princess. She helped with the small tree.
I decorated two days ago, not a lot of decorations, but enough to feel the festivities approaching.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
A few years ago I decorated just before noon on the 24th. All traces were gone again by 10 AM on the 27th.
@Morleyhunt We always leave the decorations in place until the day of the Epiphany (January 6th), the 7th of January they must have gone.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
@LadyDuck usually I have time on the first of January.
@KristenH (20370)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's the spirit. I'm not going to do much to decorate my apartment for Christmas, other my mini Christmas tree this weekend.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I have two trees up and decorated...garland in two windows...my wreath on the door and garland on my mantle.
@KristenH (20370)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Morleyhunt Wow! You're on a roll. Want to come over and help me with mine?
@Morleyhunt (16548)
@KristenH sorry....I'm not up to it right now. I'm looking to a quiet day tomorrow...then I get the princess for a couple of days. That will tire me out. My Christmas mojo only goes so far.
@Blondie2222 (18160)
It really does look nice even if it gave you a hard time. I am not decorating this year just not in the mood.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I find that once I start (with some small thing) I start to feel more in the mood to do more.
@Blondie2222 (18160)
@Morleyhunt good to know
@JESSY3236 (5020)
I already decorated. I usually do it on either on or after Black Friday. Although I didn't put out my nativity scene because I was afraid Lily would knock it off. She is that kind of mood lately.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I usually decorate in one go...this year it was a bit at a time.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Better than us. Most of the time, we do very little decorating. The last couple of yrs, all we do is usually put a wreath that my MIL made out by the door, and then set out Santa Clause she made, etc. Call us boring, but we just are not much for decorating really.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
A couple of years ago circumstances made it impossible to decorate unti December 24th....and all decorations were removed by 10AM on the 27th. It makes us appreciate the luxury of decorating.