What's for dinner? December 7

What's going on your dinner table tonight? Do tell! I am making ribeye steaks. I am doing them with my new sous vide immersion circulator. The chef at our usual hangout said to put them in the bag with a pat of butter, some freshly chopped rosemary and thyme, and kosher salt/ground black pepper so that's what I did. I let them sit and marinate for about an hour before putting them into the water. It will take them about 2 hours to cook and then I have to do a quick sear in the cast iron skillet to get some color on them. To go with the steaks I am making garlic mashed potatoes and steamed garlic green beans. Yum! That's what's happening here. What are YOU having? I want to know!
Chicken. Chicken parts. Breaded chicken parts. Tender breaded chicken parts.
If you are having pink slime chicken nuggets I am going to flip the hell out.
@NJChicaa *looks over response* *doesn't see the words slimy nuggets anywhere*
@JolietJake it is all semantics!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Venison stew, baking powder biscuits/apple jelly, cucumber salad
I've never had venison. Don't know if I could do it. I love cucumber salad but that is very much a summer thing for me. I never think to make it in the fall or winter.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa We get a deer each year, meat in our freezer for the winter.
@KristenH (20489)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa I don't think I can eat bison or venison or lamp too.
@sallypup (22023)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Easy supper tonight. Chili and leftover squash pie. Maybe some Spring Greens salad, too.
Yum. I will have to make chili soon.
@sallypup (22023)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@NJChicaa I just boil up a carrot or two then chuck in cans of beans and tomatoes and seasonings. Made the pie yesterday so we're good to go.
@Teep11 (6539)
Sounds as if dinner will be splendid. Nice. Not doing them sounds as if there are some wanting to though.
I hope it will be good!
@KristenH (20489)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That sounds pretty cool to have the sous vide in your kitchen. I wish I had more room.... It sounds delicious. I'm doing leftover crockpot Chicken with glazed carrots and Birdseye's Salt and Pepper Potatoes.
You can cook sous vide in a big pot of water on your counter or even the stove top if you have an outlet nearby. I've just been using the "big" pot that I usually use to boil water for pasta or potatoes for mashed potatoes. The actual immersion circulator is just a bit bigger than an immersion blender and smaller than my reusable metal water bottle. I haven't even had to find a spot for it yet because I've used it 3 times since Monday!
@KristenH (20489)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa Aww. Thanks for the tip. I do have some outlets. I see. Oh wow!
@KristenH This is the one that I have. The chef at our "place" says it is the best one available and it is the one that he has too. My husband's aunt gave it to us because she received it as a present and never used it. She knows I love to cook. I was thrilled to get it b/c I've been wanting one for years. This one costs $99 for "the best one" out there. There are other brands available but I don't know if they are much cheaper.
Anova makes the world's best-reviewed and best-selling sous vide device, the Anova Precision Cooker - a device that makes it super simple to cook like a pro
Turkey chili is on the menu.
oh yum!
That sounds delicious. I've never heard of cooking steaks in this way.
Oh they were so tender and amazing!
I think we went to McDonald's that night.
@LoriAMoore (10121)
I think I had a grilled cheese sandwich.
@rina110383 (23520)
Love mashed potatoes. Had rice and chorizo.
@Blondie2222 (18210)
That sounds really good, you'll have to let us know how it turns out. I had a slice of pizza and some wings for dinner.
Sounds like youre making good use of that device thing! I just have a salad and fried up some zucchini.