Back To My Self-Almost

Earlier today I had to go in for surgery. It was a bigger deal then I took it to be-surprise, that's what I came to gather within the first little while there. But, I was there and had to go with it. The anesthetic drugs that they used to put me out were strong. I was out for quite a while longer then I expected to be. When I woke I fought to stay awake because I wanted to be taken back to the out-patients department, as that is where you are discharged form. But I may have pushed to hard and too fast. And my nurse noticed this as she spoke to my husband about it. And told him that when I get home he needed to get me to bed to sleep. And sleep I did. For a full 2 hours. I think that I could have stayed there all night, but my husband woke me as he promised he would. Now we are waiting for some Chinese food to be delivered from the Mandarin. After that I believe I will be heading back to bed. Thank all of you for your support and kindness over the past number of months as I've struggled thru this. I thought of that when I was drugged and waiting to be wheeled into the OR. I'm hoping that by tomorrow I am closer to being back to myself, today I'm not.
Glad it is over and everything went well. Get your rest. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Thank you. I think that today is a write-off. We are waiting for some Chinese food to be delivered. Then after I eat I'll be going back to bed.
@Juliaacv enjoy yoir chinese food then have a good sleep. I will talk to yoi tomorrow.
@Happy2BeMe Thank you, we finished eating and I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee. I plan on doing a bit on the site but then back to bed, this time for the night. I haven't slept all the way thru a night since June, wonder how that will feel.
Oh, I am so glad you are home now!! I am also so happy this surgery is over for you. So many of us had our thoughts focused on you today!!
I know and I felt that. It eased my nerves, along with the Ativan pill they gave to me, and helped me go under easily.
@Corbin5 I have no words, only feels of complete gratitiude.
Happy that everything went well. Try t get as much rest as possible.
Thanks, after eating such a large meal I won't have any trouble resting.
Glad that you are back. When I get a procedure, I always sleep too long.
I force myself awake from the moment I come out of that anesthetic. I just want to get out of there by then and home. And I rushed it today, I wasn't very stable on my feet when we got back home again. I slept for the first 2 hours we were home.
@Platespinner (18513)
I pray your recovery is quick and complete!
@Juliaacv Anesthesia will kick your butt!
@Platespinner Yes, that it did. They gave me a bit extra because I don't go under easily.
@Juliaacv Ugh! Take it easy!
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh Julia, I had no idea you were going in for surgery! I'm so glad you are back home, in your own warm, familiar environment. Get a good nights sleep, I will pray for you:)
Yes, it was non-evasive surgery to remove some cysts that I had growing inside of me. And they did a little dusting and cleaning and whatnot while they were inside. I'm glad to be back home, but its quite a responsibility for my husband. he has to make sure that I rest but not for too long as I need to get up and get my blood circulating.
@Juliaacv Oh I thought you were getting the complete today.
@andriaperry They did 5 procedures in all, including d&c, which I refer to as dusting and cleaning
Very happy that the surgery is over and done with for you. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thank you so much Susan. I'm getting groggy now that my tummy is full. I'll need to be going to bed for the night awfully soon. There isn't anything on the television to watch, just dumb old football.
@Juliaacv You should sleep really well. And hopefully feel better tomorrow.
I cannot believe they let you go! I stayed one night but should have stayed a week. Sleep and sleep, that is what your body needs to help repair it.
I was told to walk around also to keep the blood circulating. But rest is a very high priority.
@Morleyhunt (16639)
The anesthetic tends to really knock us out. That's the purpose...but it does take some time to recover. Allow yourself the time to have a full recovery.
I won't drive tomorrow or do anything too much, just laze around the house. I feel better as soon as I leave the hospital, the fresh air getting out of there in itself is a healer.
@KristenH (20417)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I love Chinese food! Hope you're feeling better and well-rested.
It was good Chinese, we haven't had it in months, so it was nice for a change. I'm sipping a coffee as my throat is sore from the tube they put down your throat during the surgery, after my coffee is done I'm going to bed for the day.
I hope your feeling better now! =)
I'm better except that my throat is so raw and sore. I think that its from the tube that they put down your throat during the surgery.
@Juliaacv I will be praying that God heals your throat!
@LovingMyBabies Thank you, I need to be able to speak when I go back to work in a couple of days. I think that with time it will heal.
Good that the surgery is done. Take you time getting well. Don't push yourself.
Thank you, I am planning on resting and sleeping today.
@Juliaacv That is good Juliaacv.
@Hannihar Thanks.
Welcome back Julia, I am glad you are at home, take it easy and rest, do not be in a hurry to be on your feet.
Today I will be sleeping and resting only. And trying to increase my fluids as I didn't have anything yesterday and my throat is a bit sore from the tube used during the operation.
@Juliaacv G'mornin'
@Juliaacv This is the best thing to do, rest and keep hydrated, you have the whole weekend to rest.
I'm so glad today is done and over, and I hope thats the last of it. No more pain for you!
Oh I hope not. As soon as this sore throat leaves me, its from the tube used during the operation. Thank you for being so sweet and supportive over all of these months as I know that there were days that I was so low that you'd tell me something and it would make me rebound into happiness again.
@Juliaacv no thanks necessary. That's what friends are for
@Courtlynn There really are no words to express.
@Blondie2222 (18203)
Well get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and make sure to eat. I hope you will be back to yourself tomorrow. I was supposed to have my surgery yesterday but it got canceled. Looks like it may not happen now til the first of the year
Oh I'm so sorry. Are you still feeling ill or did they cancel it for other reasons? We arrived early and they actually took me early so we were in and out much sooner then we should have been. I'm drinking lots, resting is mandatory, and we had a nice supper. It was a long day without anything to eat.
@Blondie2222 (18203)
@Juliaacv I am sick so that's why mine got cancelled. I am getting over laryngitis and still coughing pretty bad. I won't be having surgery now until the first of the year. Glad you are feeling a little better and got to eat something.
@Blondie2222 Thanks, keep your chin up, the new year is just days away and I hope that it flies by quickly for you. I am resting, sleeping and rehydrating today.
I am so glad you are OK, Chinese food sounds fantastic for an occassion like this!
Thank you. I thought that with ordering Chinese we'd at least have some left overs in the fridge, and when you're not feeling good, that can be a life saver!
@Juliaacv You are right!
Glad that everything did well! Hope you will soon recover from it!
Thank you, I'm just resting and sleeping today and rehydrating and that should get my body healing properly.
@Juliaacv You are welcome! What you are doing lends itself to the restoration of your health.
I thought you would be kept overnight. I kind of feel that you deserve the star treatment.
You're funny! They don't seem to keep anyone overnight in our hospitals these days. They really pride themselves on this non-evasive surgery stuff. There are so many germs in the hospitals, my husband wouldn't take his gloves off!
Glad to hear that everything went well and that you are on the road to being your best self.
Thank you. I am only just realizing how much this affected my over-all health. I have not slept thru the night since last June, so sleep is something that I need to catch up on.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Just take care of yourself to make sure you do not overdo it. It is never Fun after Surgery especially when you are wanting to get more done than what your body allows you to do.
Today I am not allowed to drive, so I'm house-bound and I plan on resting and sleeping only.